• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

The_Baal #1 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:28 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 45826 battles
  • [-VFV-] -VFV-

Hi tankers.
I would like to put forward a proposal in this way for me to choose the place where I am going to begin during the battle countdown. Just like it is in the Total War Arena.

For example, on the map of Ziegfried's line of attack mode, the attacking team is divided into two halves, one at the top and the other down I'm used to playing from the upper base,

but it often throws me down and then I have to cross the whole map, thus losing my time, and my opponent is usually occupied.

Once the player has chosen the position, his tank will appear, the name and the box will be highlighted as occupied. Players who would not be able to choose or not choose would be automatically deployed to the remaining available seats.
I add a preview of what it might look like.

Original topic:
http://forum.worldof...rting-position/

Strappster #2 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 25581 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Or you could try learning the other side of the map? :confused:

I can't see this working - you're penalising anyone with a slow loading time or who isn't raptly watching for the countdown to begin to starting in a poor position because all the "good" ones have been taken by players who are unable to flex.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67384 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I can see this not working as intended. It might work well for Total War, but for this game? Less so I suspect. Why? Because then on some maps, it's about who had the HT with the fastest draw etc. As if your team is forced to have a Type 5 low in valley on Westfield, because the lights wanted to spawn up high, and all the slots are gone. And their Maus got the closest spot to the HT line to instantly start harassing. Yeah I can see that working well in this game. On some maps it won't make much of a difference tbh. But on others... it will make all the difference, and trolls will block spanws fast for sure vs giving it to a class that needs it. And I'm sure it will be reflected in the mature chat we have when the battle starts.

It's best to just make the game pick it, as it's mostly based on class where you spawn. But some maps still need a minor tweak to it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 22 May 2018 - 11:48 PM.

The_Baal #4 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:54 AM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 45826 battles
  • [-VFV-] -VFV-

View PostStrappster, on 22 May 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

Spoiler

Learning to play ... it could be expected. If they have a slow PC, let's reduce the graphics details,
I'm mainly playing TD and LT, SPG are now like a slot machine, you can BC right on and you'll have 200 ... But what should I do with a TD that does not climb a cannon? I have to go where the problem is not, and that's on the other side of the map. If I stayed on the side where I was born I would be useless because I would give a maximum one shot and it would be for me and I doubt that the opponent is stupid and would go before the cannon behind the hill.

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 May 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

Spoiler

It could be done in such a way that it would not be limited to slots, and the starting map would be two to three landing points, and if the player selected one of them, he would start from approximately that point, just like he is now at the front line.

250swb #5 Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23153 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Kinda makes it seem like players will get lazy and camp even harder if they no longer have a dice rolled for their starting position. I can also see the handbags being swung with territorial claims of 'but that's the position I go to' being asserted. And besides which it's not all about you, some players can weigh up a situation quickly and take advantage of their start position, not dumbly drive to the same spot each time. No, WOT isn't Arena, leave it alone.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The idea is not bad, but it would indeed cause some problems that can't be fixed without making it useless again.

You would need to make sure that the players who load in with a delay have a chance to choose, too. And you would need to make sure that tanks can always spawn in appropriate spots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users