Jump to content


Recap: Season 8 on the Global Map


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 26,042
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Some interesting statistics regarding the recently ended season.

The full text of the news item

_Bolt #2 Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 62921 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
Why not a TIER IX Clan Wars ??? Why only X and VIII ?

_Sensation_ #3 Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7266 battles
  • 582
  • [TRTD] TRTD
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Post_Bolt, on 23 May 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Why not a TIER IX Clan Wars ??? Why only X and VIII ?

 

Why no tier 5 Clanwars? I mean some people don't have anything higher right:trollface:

 

It's end game content, leave it there. Either git gud or stop crying



Igor_BL #4 Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39624 battles
  • 1,347
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

tier9 SH/CW would be best thing WG could do for clan gameplay.

 

tier9 is fantastic tier. several great tanks, a lot of competitive ones in all classes. It is not broken like tier X, by few other tanks.

 

In that tier you have great heavies, meds, TDs, LTs. and you dont have without weakspots on that tier like broken tierX.



Tchiko_ #5 Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 31477 battles
  • 23
  • [-5O1-] -5O1-
  • Member since:
    05-20-2013

View Post_Sensation_, on 23 May 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

 

Why no tier 5 Clanwars? I mean some people don't have anything higher right:trollface:

 

It's end game content, leave it there. Either git gud or stop crying

 

Yeah IMO CW and such should be the icing on the cake for every player who grinded some (many) tier X. There is already enough with Tier X (& "newer" T VIII CW). 

FireflyDivision #6 Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 24216 battles
  • 3,899
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
Yeah, let's create 20 seperate global maps to split up the entire cw-playerbase 20 times so none of the global maps are really active. 

Three_Rounds_Rapid #7 Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36035 battles
  • 581
  • [W__F] W__F
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015

View PostFireflyDivision, on 23 May 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Yeah, let's create 20 seperate global maps to split up the entire cw-playerbase 20 times so none of the global maps are really active. 

 

But then everyone can get gold........you, know, because these days participation is more important than achievement.....

weno1 #8 Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 30714 battles
  • 67
  • [X3EAM] X3EAM
  • Member since:
    03-22-2014

Was a very good season for us and i am very happy with our first place! :). Next time we will try our luck in tier 10 aswell!

 

See you on the battlefield!



voulezvous #9 Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

    Community Team Lead WoT EU

  • WG Staff
  • 17616 battles
  • 359
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-15-2012

Guys!

Congrats to those who reached the top!

I would appreciate reading what you think about the changes we have introduced this season (high gold yield province layout, Firefly provinces). This way we may be able to make those even better for you in the seasons to come!



weno1 #10 Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 30714 battles
  • 67
  • [X3EAM] X3EAM
  • Member since:
    03-22-2014

View Postvoulezvous, on 23 May 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

Guys!

Congrats to those who reached the top!

I would appreciate reading what you think about the changes we have introduced this season (high gold yield province layout, Firefly provinces). This way we may be able to make those even better for you in the seasons to come!

 

all in all very good, the only thing that i noticed was that there were 5 or 6 120g provinces almost next to each other (tier 8, 21 o'clock zone). We were lucky enough to take them and hold them until the end of the season (we never lost a single one of them...). So maybe next time try to spread them out a bit more.

 

The Fireflies were very interesting to fight for, from what i have heard. So more of that please :)



TijgernootTank #11 Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 46383 battles
  • 227
  • [TOURN] TOURN
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

An option could be to use tier 9 and 7 for one season to try out .

A portion of the playerbase would prefer to play those tiers , as it could be seen as better balanced tiers , but also because tier 10 and tier 8 are used all the time already in skirmish , clanwars , ranked , frontline , advances.

A small tier 5 front that gives limited awards , could be a way to get smaller clans to play this .

I temporary joined another clan to play clanwars for first time , as with my own clan it is not possible .

I feel a lot of players have no experience in clanwars and have no clue they miss out on fun.

I think more clans suffer that players keep falling out of game or become less active .

I feel decisions made by WG to change things in the game like the light tanks , arty , the everlasting improvements  on mm ,

introducing op premiums like defender and other tanks that bring disbalance in tiers and makes the 3/5/7 mm worse ,

and the attitude of milking playerbase sometime without any shame and claiming 3/5/7 mm is fine , while most of playerbase dont like , constantly have a bad impact on activity of players in this game .

For clans with lot of casual players it hurts a lot more then the bigger clans that have more active and dedicated players.

Like the latest anounced changes for preferential mm for premiums , another case where wg is perfecting things in a way that players are not happy , most of the perfecting in this game , has made the game worse .

 

For the statistics , i personally would be intrested to see how many clans were active , compaired to previous seasons .

 

Is there a decline in number of clans -- games played in clanwars ?

Does the future look bright for clanwars , or should something be done to try to get more players to play this mode .

 

I think frontlines -- if it would be optimised in performance , as now it just runs too bad ---  and if this mode had more maps --

could be very much fun for the bigger clans to play a mini season clanwars or some kind of tournament .

 

 

 



dotns #12 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 54772 battles
  • 129
  • [SAM] SAM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012

waste of time and money


Edited by dotns, 23 May 2018 - 06:08 PM.


WindSplitter1 #13 Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16025 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

 

Most profitable @ Tier X:780,890Au

Most profitable @ Tier VIII: 34,227Au

 

I'm sorry. Am I the ONLY one who see's something wrong in here? You mind as well make CW exclusive to MVP, GO IN, KAZNA and FAME. Maybe then, they won't complain about having participation rewards and will be able to fight against equally skilled folks...

Since that's everything they want to avoid.



_Jergo_ #14 Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 40438 battles
  • 92
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    07-08-2011

View PostWindSplitter1, on 23 May 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

 

Most profitable @ Tier X:780,890Au

Most profitable @ Tier VIII: 34,227Au

 

I'm sorry. Am I the ONLY one who see's something wrong in here? You mind as well make CW exclusive to MVP, GO IN, KAZNA and FAME. Maybe then, they won't complain about having participation rewards and will be able to fight against equally skilled folks...

Since that's everything they want to avoid.

 

T8 is not supposed to be a gold farming ground, its supposed to be a small training ground where your newly formed clan can learn some basics and hopefully next season move up to T10 which is the real end-game content. There was a season or two where gold income on T8 was similar to T10 and you know what happened? Some top clans moved to T8 and just farmed everyone there and kicked all the weaker clans off. So maybe instead of complaining if you want to earn gold with your clan start practicing and being more active and move to T10 because its not only top 10 clans there, there are mid level clans farming decent amounts of gold aswell.

 

P.S. maybe you should follow the motto of your clan  "Keep moving forward, that's how winning is done !" :)


Edited by _Jergo_, 23 May 2018 - 10:34 PM.


FireflyDivision #15 Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 24216 battles
  • 3,899
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011

View Post_Jergo_, on 23 May 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

 

T8 is not supposed to be a gold farming ground, its supposed to be a small training ground where your newly formed clan can learn some basics and hopefully next season move up to T10 which is the real end-game content. There was a season or two where gold income on T8 was similar to T10 and you know what happened? Some top clans moved to T8 and just farmed everyone there and kicked all the weaker clans off. So maybe instead of complaining if you want to earn gold with your clan start practicing and being more active and move to T10 because its not only top 10 clans there, there are mid level clans farming decent amounts of gold aswell.

 

P.S. maybe you should follow the motto of your clan  "Keep moving forward, that's how winning is done !" :)

 

We argued about the same thing earlier in another topic.

 

I guess he's fine with farming gold for 1 day and then being kicked off by a top clan (like 3XR back in the days, which held 45 provinces in t8). If he can find a hundred t8 clans which think the same, WG can go ahead and raise the income. 


Edited by FireflyDivision, 24 May 2018 - 10:42 AM.


WindSplitter1 #16 Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16025 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View Post_Jergo_, on 23 May 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

 

T8 is not supposed to be a gold farming ground, its supposed to be a small training ground where your newly formed clan can learn some basics and hopefully next season move up to T10 which is the real end-game content. There was a season or two where gold income on T8 was similar to T10 and you know what happened? Some top clans moved to T8 and just farmed everyone there and kicked all the weaker clans off. So maybe instead of complaining if you want to earn gold with your clan start practicing and being more active and move to T10 because its not only top 10 clans there, there are mid level clans farming decent amounts of gold aswell.

 

P.S. maybe you should follow the motto of your clan  "Keep moving forward, that's how winning is done !" :)

 

View PostFireflyDivision, on 24 May 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

 

We argued about the same thing earlier in another topic.

 

I guess he's fine with farming gold for 1 day and then being kicked off by a top clan (like 3XR back in the days, which held 45 provinces in t8). If he can find a hundred t8 clans which think the same, WG can go ahead and raise the income. 

 

To both:

 

It's true. FireflyDivision and I have reached that conclusion. Well, more like he told me the above ^^ and it's not like I'm dismissing his earlier comments about it. I only find it quite annoying.

 

I would argue that Stronger clans moving to Tier VIII to farm on the weaker ones could show they are not at all interested in the game mode health but, again, I concede Jergo is right as well.

 

But oh well... I'm wrong. Again. ...Sure, I have no problems admitting that. I'm just saying the rewards could be slightly better.

 

Though I like how you put things in perspective. And thank you for not criticizing me.

 

@ PS. I will. Joined this clan for it and I'll take part on  the arms race. :izmena:



voulezvous #17 Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:01 PM

    Community Team Lead WoT EU

  • WG Staff
  • 17616 battles
  • 359
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-15-2012

View Postweno1, on 23 May 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

 

all in all very good, the only thing that i noticed was that there were 5 or 6 120g provinces almost next to each other (tier 8, 21 o'clock zone). We were lucky enough to take them and hold them until the end of the season (we never lost a single one of them...). So maybe next time try to spread them out a bit more.

 

The Fireflies were very interesting to fight for, from what i have heard. So more of that please :)

 

Would you mind pointing me to the right corner of the map to look for those 120 provinces? I'll see if I can fix this for next season.

 

View PostTijgernootTank, on 23 May 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

An option could be to use tier 9 and 7 for one season to try out .

A portion of the playerbase would prefer to play those tiers , as it could be seen as better balanced tiers , but also because tier 10 and tier 8 are used all the time already in skirmish , clanwars , ranked , frontline , advances.

A small tier 5 front that gives limited awards , could be a way to get smaller clans to play this .

I temporary joined another clan to play clanwars for first time , as with my own clan it is not possible .

I feel a lot of players have no experience in clanwars and have no clue they miss out on fun.

I think more clans suffer that players keep falling out of game or become less active .

I feel decisions made by WG to change things in the game like the light tanks , arty , the everlasting improvements  on mm ,

introducing op premiums like defender and other tanks that bring disbalance in tiers and makes the 3/5/7 mm worse ,

and the attitude of milking playerbase sometime without any shame and claiming 3/5/7 mm is fine , while most of playerbase dont like , constantly have a bad impact on activity of players in this game .

For clans with lot of casual players it hurts a lot more then the bigger clans that have more active and dedicated players.

Like the latest anounced changes for preferential mm for premiums , another case where wg is perfecting things in a way that players are not happy , most of the perfecting in this game , has made the game worse .

 

For the statistics , i personally would be intrested to see how many clans were active , compaired to previous seasons .

 

Is there a decline in number of clans -- games played in clanwars ?

Does the future look bright for clanwars , or should something be done to try to get more players to play this mode .

 

I think frontlines -- if it would be optimised in performance , as now it just runs too bad ---  and if this mode had more maps --

could be very much fun for the bigger clans to play a mini season clanwars or some kind of tournament .

 

 

 

 

Splitting the queues is a bit tricky and... you are proposing this. One of our core promises to you, the players, is a short wait time and introducing more options (tiers) might have a negative impact on this. The game constantly evolves and this also leads to other factors like tank balance and arty meta changes having a direct influence on the state of CW - those are factors I out of my reach.

You and me also agree that the current state of CW makes it hard to embark on this journey for those who have no experience. If you have more ideas on how to make CW more palatable to beginners, feel free to shoot me a PM.

 

As for statistics, the number of participants in this season was a little bit lower than the previous seson which was expected. This time of the year usually sees a decline in overall gaming activity and the slight drop in activity between seasons corresponds to this yearly trend.

 

View PostWindSplitter1, on 24 May 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

 

 

To both:

 

It's true. FireflyDivision and I have reached that conclusion. Well, more like he told me the above ^^ and it's not like I'm dismissing his earlier comments about it. I only find it quite annoying.

 

I would argue that Stronger clans moving to Tier VIII to farm on the weaker ones could show they are not at all interested in the game mode health but, again, I concede Jergo is right as well.

 

But oh well... I'm wrong. Again. ...Sure, I have no problems admitting that. I'm just saying the rewards could be slightly better.

 

Though I like how you put things in perspective. And thank you for not criticizing me.

 

@ PS. I will. Joined this clan for it and I'll take part on  the arms race. :izmena:

 

Similar to the other thread I'll chip in a little bit by saying that we (WG) really want  you to farm that GM Gold - this isn't and never has been an issue. Changing the balance between tier X and VIII maps is likely to attract well performing clans to tier VIII map and in consequence push out other, less hardcore, of you off the Global Map completely.


Edited by voulezvous, 25 May 2018 - 04:43 PM.


cowtapult1 #18 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3625 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

Lets see.. mvps- there is statistic chance they have member not using illegal mods.

Same with csa.

Wont talk much about go-in as i know some players in there were using illegal mods before while in other clans.

Not much to say about game and clan wars any more.

Many players left cause of way game is going (nothing realistic or in terms with history in it, coding going from bad to worse, imaginary tanks and much more). Even more left as they not want to play game filled with illegal mods and WG in fact doing nothing. Banning players from clans which are in top is just impossible as all those clans in one or other way have deal with WG bringing money to it.

So interesting fact is that u actually have even in Russian servers significant drop of players and money income, just as there is significant drop in number of players on Global map.

U got golden joystick again. But fact is there is so many real bots now controlled by server its joke. U can just check those epic players with black stats getting half dozen of tier 10 tanks in so small number of battles its obvious they could not do it even if purple stats. 2-3k battles 5 tier 10s and similar... 

I will quote gaming news release on wot from round new year - its still there and boring as it was.

 



WindSplitter1 #19 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:33 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16025 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

FireflyDivision, I'll quit bothering you guys with similar comments in the future and settle my arguments on the battlefield. :izmena:

 

Arms Race will see the best of me and I'll make sure of it. :playing:



voulezvous #20 Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

    Community Team Lead WoT EU

  • WG Staff
  • 17616 battles
  • 359
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    03-15-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 25 May 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

FireflyDivision, I'll quit bothering you guys with similar comments in the future and settle my arguments on the battlefield. :izmena:

 

Arms Race will see the best of me and I'll make sure of it. :playing:

 

Spoken like a true gamer. Right on dude! :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users