Matchmaker "enhancements" and the chocolate ration

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

boldsirrobin #1 Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51531 battles
  • [D-GOD] D-GOD

I see in the announcement about "Perfecting Preferential Premiums" ( A nice alliteration ! )  a reference to the matchmaker.

"Since then, the tool has gone through several changes, until it reached a level of performance that met the expectations of both the community and the dev team."

Read carefully! They avoided saying that it had improved. However, I could not help being reminded of the chocolate ration "increase" ( from 30g to 20g ) in 1984.

" It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grammes a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be REDUCED to twenty grammes a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours?… Was he, then, ALONE in the possession of a memory?"

If you have not read 1984, it might be a good idea to read it. It appears to have been adopted by WG Marketing / PR department as their operating manual and reading it will help you to understand what they are saying.

Please... Please...  No more "enhancements" !

and can I have my 20g of chocolate now.

Dorander #2 Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

I really was wondering what you were on about until you posted the actual citation and it became clear you were referencing the book, not something that happened in 1984.

Having not kept track as I'm not personally invested in it, I am not sure there's anyone who actually seriously believes the implication of the sentence WG posted, and complaints have been many. While true that we should be wary of the spread of disinformation, I am not sure that's actually happening here... though it wouldn't surprise me either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users