75% of the playerbase of this game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Cst_69 #1 Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 612 battles
Ok, this is my first post ever, i know it is useless to make posts about people being a**holes in-game but i just wanted to show you how i see the situation from my point of view. From when i began playing this game 'till now, a lot of players seemed to be salty, you don't have to call me a noob idiot because i got killed by an arty 300m away, an unspotted enemy or something else, i only have around 200-400 battles (for people like them: http://nevernoob.com/noob-vs-newb/ ) and i still have a lot to discover in this game, this isn't a really welcoming game and i think some players really just quit the game because of it, i here are some examples that i've managed to screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/FTQ6Nag calling me an idiot because i got killed by an unspotted enemy  ;   https://imgur.com/a/UOaHov7  (link not working for some reason, just copy and paste it on google) calling me and more teammates ,,rushing idiots/sheep,, because we were going mid and we all died while he was killed somewhere in our base, i met even worse people but didn't manage to screenshot them. 

Edited by Cst_69, 23 May 2018 - 02:21 PM.

TsundereWaffle #2 Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26890 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Turning off the chat helps a lot :)

Nethraniel #3 Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12959 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Or at least ignore 99% of chat massages.

Interestingly, if you just communicate on a very basic tactical level, sometimes it works ingame. However, as soon as someone gets salty, ignoring this person without starting an argument or even aknowledging this salty persons texts is best.

Let these idiots rage as they wish.

On the other hand, if someone rages about something (like positioning) ignore the rage part and shortly think about if the positioning has it's merits. So you learn something from all that salt.

Other then that. Welcome to the forums and enjoy the game, if you manage to see past the salt, rage, and idocy, you can have fun. At least that is the case for me.

Kind regards.

Babbet_1 #4 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10834 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Welcome to the forum from me too! If you come here in a genuine spirit of seeking comradeship, advice on the game etc., you will find all of that in abundance - at least that is my experience! On the other hand, whiners, wingers and moaners in general usually get a fairly salty response for their trouble, so it is an individual choice as to which category you fall into.

With regard to the ingame chat, I'm not sure that I would advise turning it off completely, as, very occasionally you can pick up useful info from it. My own choice is to leave it on, but block anyone who becomes annoying. You can do that very easily by clicking their name in the player list.

Anyway, always keep firmly in mind that it's only a game, which we should all be playing for enjoyment. Good luck, and enjoy your stay!

:)

SiliconSidewinder #5 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27452 battles

welcome to the forum, have a nice stay.

Homer_J #6 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 23 May 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

welcome to the forum, have a nice stay.

I think welcome to the internet would be more accurate.  OP is obviously new here.  Or did it get sanitised while I wasn't looking?

Cst_69, there are idiots on the internet, turn chat off, ignore it, or troll them.  Although those examples you have given are well on the helpful side compared to what I usually see.

FitGirl #7 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1 battle
  • [WGNET] WGNET
Yes this is normal in this game, just do not answer. Turn left into the ear and on the right it goes out again. But turning off the chat would not be wise what to do if you're in a team battle? Ah yes welcome to WoT :D

kaneloon #8 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27834 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Answering is the circle of death, since you lose focus on what you were doing, lose time.

Plus it usually emits from totally ignorant people or good players raging more against themselves than about you.

If you are in the mood of trolling you can fuel them with "it s just a game", "you should find a girl, it s good for stress", etc.

FitGirl #9 Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1 battle
  • [WGNET] WGNET

View Postkaneloon, on 23 May 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

Answering is the circle of death, since you lose focus on what you were doing, lose time.

Plus it usually emits from totally ignorant people or good players raging more against themselves than about you.

If you are in the mood of trolling you can fuel them with "it s just a game", "you should find a girl, it s good for stress", etc.

"you should find a girl, it s good for stress"

Nethraniel #10 Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12959 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFitGirl, on 23 May 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

"you should find a girl, it s good for stress"

Well, if you read it the way, that having a girl is the best method to have stress, the sentence might hold true... at least for me... and I am married for 7 years now... :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users