Horrible teams in last few weeks

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Dramakid19 #1 Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10597 battles
  • [-RSGG] -RSGG
Have you noticed your team players lately? How utterly horrible are they. For example you start a game, your light tank is inactive or is camping in base( so no spoting)..your top tiers are mostly tomato players that camp with the lights and the result at the start is 3-4:0. How can you enjoy games like this? Add to this current matchmaking and you got yourself a horrorfest. Am i the only one who noticed this?

firelars4 #2 Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44084 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Has been like that since I can remember :P

Only thing you can do is try to carry it or just farm dmg and try to get a good game out of it. 

Dorander #3 Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18165 battles

Not really no.

I just play the game, and eventually discover whether or not my team has done anything useful.

Baldrickk #4 Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Yet you still won ~60% of your battles this week...

So if yours are bad, the enemy's must be worse!

Basically, the average person playing the game is also terrible at the game.

This is nothing new or suprising

azakow #5 Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 75873 battles

Indeed

undutchable80 #6 Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7235 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Thats because bots are left playing Randoms, since the rest of the playerbase are off fighting for freedom in Frontlines. :P

Suurpolskija #7 Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
My teams have been alright for the most part. And the enemy too. If anything, I think it's more rare to see pure roflstomps than it used to back when I started the game.

steyrman_2016 #8 Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18900 battles

I would say I am an average-ish player and have found a change.  I have had days where the teams have been very weak, then other days where there has been a mix of good close games and weak teams.

I had a few yesterday (after a couple of weeks off) where camping or lemming rushes were the order of the day and went down the crapper, but also some good ones where we won or lost by a very small margin.

It sometimes seems to be dictated by the time of day.   On the euro server, it seems to deteriorate for a couple of hours from about 1500hrs.

I guess that might be something to do with schools kicking out.    From about 0900hrs, a lot of the players seem to be Eastern European and the time difference might be kids playing before school, but there does seem to be a time correlation.

It can be really frustrating when you get a whole line of weak teams but, we were all crap at first I guess and I still am now, sometimes.

clixor #9 Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51423 battles

View Poststeyrman_2016, on 24 May 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

It can be really frustrating when you get a whole line of weak teams but, we were all crap at first I guess and I still am now, sometimes.

Random is ... random. Unless you play 100ths of battles in a session to even it out it basically all comes down to bad or good luck (considering a consistent performance of yourself and excluding the amount of battles you yourself carry) 3/5/7 magnifies this because teams are more dependent on the few good or bad toptiers you have (or good vs bad scout, active td vs passive td).

I think part of the good thing about frontline is that due to the larger amount of players in a 'team' this is more evened out. Also it's just a fact that a number of players in randoms are just clueless what their objective is in a battle (for instance on encounters). At least in FL it's pretty clear that you are either attacking or defending.

Laukaus #10 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8551 battles

View PostDramakid19, on 24 May 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Have you noticed your team players lately? How utterly horrible are they. For example you start a game, your light tank is inactive or is camping in base( so no spoting)..your top tiers are mostly tomato players that camp with the lights and the result at the start is 3-4:0. How can you enjoy games like this? Add to this current matchmaking and you got yourself a horrorfest. Am i the only one who noticed this?

But if teams are too evenly matched, the games would probably last too long from the viewpoint of WG. 

Enjoying or happy players are not an objective here. 

Dorander #11 Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18165 battles

View PostLaukaus, on 24 May 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

But if teams are too evenly matched, the games would probably last too long from the viewpoint of WG. 

Enjoying or happy players are not an objective here. 

Besides the implied tinfoil, perhaps you'd care to elaborate on what WG supposedly gains by shortening matches?

DeBanus #12 Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29106 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

Yup,

Had to suffer a constant flow of utter tomato teams for 2 days in a row now.

Game is just unplayable for me at this moment. In common, most games are lost within the first 30 seconds of the game, because the entire tanks, always toptier tanks, decide to camp in 1 corner of the map to get surrounded and killed.

The game that most disgusts me in the past 48 hours is a game on Prohorovka, me driving the Ref in OF COURSE  a tier 10 game, where our only scout, and AMX 13 90, is idle for the first 60 seconds of the game and when he finaly starts moving he's suiciding to the middle of the map and dies.

Due even more stupid enemies who rushed in way too late because they lacked to see their advantage, we managed to make it a draw just by seconds.

But it's not only the broken matchmaker, insane amount of muppets and bots in this game. RNG is even more bullsh|t than ever before.

Game on Malinovka in my Grille 15. MOST ACCURATE GUN IN GAME

13 shots fully aimed - 8 hits - 3 penetrations

I rest my case, i'd rather play a real dice game then....

Edited by DeBanus, 24 May 2018 - 04:38 PM.

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22112 battles
Nah it's probably about the same skill level as always. Of course you can have streaks of good teams and bad teams and vs good teams and bad teams but I think what happens is we actually improve ourselves and so it appears as though teammates are getting worse and worse when actually they are about the same as always and we are just getting a little bit better and better so the skill gap obviously starts to open more and more as we keep improving ourselves. As you improve you also become much more map aware and able to absorb who is doing what and what's happening across the entire battlefield so you notice who is doing nothing or playing a certain tank badly etc whereas months earlier you would not have noticed as much or even noticed at all and just played your own little contained engagements with blinkers with a limited capacity to read what else is happening.

Baldrickk #14 Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 24 May 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

Nah it's probably about the same skill level as always. Of course you can have streaks of good teams and bad teams and vs good teams and bad teams but I think what happens is we actually improve ourselves and so it appears as though teammates are getting worse and worse when actually they are about the same as always and we are just getting a little bit better and better so the skill gap obviously starts to open more and more as we keep improving ourselves. As you improve you also become much more map aware and able to absorb who is doing what and what's happening across the entire battlefield so you notice who is doing nothing or playing a certain tank badly etc whereas months earlier you would not have noticed as much or even noticed at all and just played your own little contained engagements with blinkers with a limited capacity to read what else is happening.

It's dunning-kruger disappearing and then inverting

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22112 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 24 May 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

It's dunning-kruger disappearing and then inverting

Who is that and what does it mean? :)

Laukaus #16 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8551 battles

View PostDorander, on 24 May 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

Besides the implied tinfoil, perhaps you'd care to elaborate on what WG supposedly gains by shortening matches?

More profit. See, a player really playing this game, I mean driving his tank and shooting baddies, doesn't make profit.

But he does when he buys gold, buys tanks, buys consumables, repairs his damaged tank and  so on.

So the real playing time shall be minimized (and of course players shall be persuaded to buy more items). 

One doesnt need to be a doctor of mathematics or economics to understand that.  

Dorander #17 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18165 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 24 May 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

Who is that and what does it mean? :)

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a psychological effect in regards of our own awareness of our competencies, basically it's the idea that people who are incompetent in a field, also lack the competencies to understand that they are incompetent in that field. As one's competencies grow, so does one's ability to accurately judge the level of your own competencies (and especially how incompetent you were before), until the Dunning-Kruger corollary occurs on the other end of the spectrum: people who are so competent that they assume everyone around them is equally competent.

An easy example which you frequently see in this forum: people who are bad at the game claiming others are cheating. They aren't competent, so they can't possibly imagine how people do the things they do. If their skills improve, they'll be able to recognize competent actions and they stop calling everything a cheat. In-game you frequently see the corollary in effect where competent players make use of an opportunity, but end up dead because the rest of their team stayed where they are, unable to recognize the opportunity for what it was.

Dorander #18 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18165 battles

View PostLaukaus, on 24 May 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

More profit. See, a player really playing this game, I mean driving his tank and shooting baddies, doesn't make profit.

But he does when he buys gold, buys tanks, buys consumables, repairs his damaged tank and  so on.

So the real playing time shall be minimized (and of course players shall be persuaded to buy more items). 

One doesnt need to be a doctor of mathematics or economics to understand that.  

Except it doesn't make any sense, if my playing time is limited, I spend less because I use less. Additionally given that according to your rigged playtime theory the system would give me an equal amount of one-sided wins over time, providing me with a similar amount of profit. Your theory also can't account for the draws due to expiring battle time or frequent matches which last around 10 minutes.

The only way this theory even remotely can apply is with auto-consumed items like the various skill boosting rations, but for competent players those pay for themselves due to higher efficiency.

NoobySkooby #19 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12969 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostSuurpolskija, on 24 May 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

My teams have been alright for the most part. And the enemy too. If anything, I think it's more rare to see pure roflstomps than it used to back when I started the game.

Oh I see them lots and lots, they are usually the red team:D

Solstad1069 #20 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41019 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 24 May 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

Thats because bots are left playing Randoms, since the rest of the playerbase are off fighting for freedom in Frontlines. :P

Please tell me about your ability to carry your team to a victory in Frontline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users