117 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #101 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31378 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postdjciolos5, on 24 May 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

Dear WG team,

Tomorrow 25 May, GDPR rules will come into force in Europe.

It is rather astonishing that no announcement whatsoever was made on the mainpage of the site.

I bet the legal team must be working hard, but please.can you let us know in due time ( normally it should be tomorrow 25th at latest) what this chenges imply for the players and for the game ?

thank you.

as long as Wargaming does not have assets in the EU, they don't have to care about that.

anonym_ZxkC3EBNBO8l #102 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

GDPR is realy detailed and perhaps to much paranoid law, still as it is WG could have entanglements, as we already have pointed out.

It is not just personal data protection, it is also about giving any data without aproval of contract party and practices that could potentuial allow it.

The law goes so deeply to enable children of 16 years old right to forbid their own parents giving any data about them without their approval..Jikes.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 25 May 2018 - 11:31 AM.

Nethraniel #103 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14545 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWayward_Current, on 25 May 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

it is not just personal data protection, it is also about giving any data without aproval of contract party.

That is just untrue. NOT, and I repeat, NOT, any data. Only, personal data, and public match statistics are still not personal data in the GDPR sense.

Additionally, you agreed to the Privacy Policy of WoT, see point 6.6

anonym_ZxkC3EBNBO8l #104 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostNethraniel, on 25 May 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

That is just untrue. NOT, and I repeat, NOT, any data. Only, personal data, and public match statistics are still not personal data in the GDPR sense.

Its also about transparency of data and practices of giving potentialy retrievable data . It hundreds of pages of new detailed data protection law.

I believe not anything likes this has been seen so far.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 25 May 2018 - 11:49 AM.

anonym_ZxkC3EBNBO8l #105 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostNethraniel, on 25 May 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

I have not signed with WG for their original game to be modiffied by a third party that is  allowed not approved access to harvest my data and deliver  them by information processing method and in return change original data protection enviroment of the game by   allowing others to see my stats in battle allowing other people to potentially know me more personally that it should be by original game without my approval.

XVM in battle statistic practice is going to be examined by lawyers.

We,( we) guarantee that.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 25 May 2018 - 11:41 AM.

Pvt_Duffer #106 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16715 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNethraniel, on 25 May 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

You are mistaken, match stats, are provided with your internet identifier, that internet identifier has an equivalency to your actual identity.

This is from the guy who has just hit google/facebook etc with complaints.....

"

"The GDPR explicitly allows any data processing that is strictly necessary for the service - but using the data additionally for advertisement or to sell it on needs the users' free opt-in consent," said noyb.eu in a statement.

"GDPR is very pragmatic on this point: whatever is really necessary for an app is legal without consent, the rest needs a free 'yes' or 'no' option."

Privacy advocate Max Schrems said: "Many users do not know yet that this annoying way of pushing people to consent is actually forbidden under GDPR in most cases.""

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44252327

Dorander #107 Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 25 May 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

You are mistaken, match stats, are provided with your internet identifier, that internet identifier has an equivalency to your actual identity.

"

"The GDPR explicitly allows any data processing that is strictly necessary for the service - but using the data additionally for advertisement or to sell it on needs the users' free opt-in consent," said noyb.eu in a statement.

"GDPR is very pragmatic on this point: whatever is really necessary for an app is legal without consent, the rest needs a free 'yes' or 'no' option."

Privacy advocate Max Schrems said: "Many users do not know yet that this annoying way of pushing people to consent is actually forbidden under GDPR in most cases.""

No it doesn't, not without the corresponding personal data that matches your real identity to your online identity, and WG is not sharing that with anyone.

Your quote refers to advertisement and selling of your personal data, neither of which are the case here.

Wargaming asks for your consent in their new Privacy Policy, specifically 6.6. You're free to not give it. Whether or not this is a case where asking for consent is forbidden would be up to a judge and requires exhaustive study of the case.

If you really think the data sent to XVM somehow breaks the GDPR just go log a complaint already, or sue Wargaming, or whatever you want to do. People on the forum are just repeating the same points over and over now.

Nethraniel #108 Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14545 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 25 May 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

"

There is another flaw, WG does not force you to share personal data with third parties. They have just one clause, that you agree on publishing your game statistics on the WoT Website in your player profile, which is also accessable via their API.

As these game statistics still are not personal data, and you agree that they will be published by signing the privacy policy, everyone else accessing your player profile statistics is fine.

Mlddim #109 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

• 1450 battles

Hello everyone,

This thread is moved to the off-topic section.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Mlddim

vuque #110 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18939 battles
  • [6-45] 6-45

Hello everyone,

It is good to see that you are concerned with the compliance of the EU law, thumbs up!:great:

I would like to remind you that we have sent an e-mail on 27/04/2018 regarding changes to EU data protection law, if you can't find this e-mail at the inbox of your mail, you might want to check the spam folder.

Also, you can find the updated privacy policy here!

Regards,

Edited by vuque, 25 May 2018 - 02:47 PM.

unhappy_bunny #111 Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19858 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 24 May 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

Translation: The  firm you are employed by  employed a bunch of consultants to tell you what to do.

Or more likely, the firm that you are employed by employed a bunch of consultants to ask you what you what you need to do, and present that to your employers as a business plan. 

unhappy_bunny #112 Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19858 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 25 May 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

as long as Wargaming does not have assets in the EU, they don't have to care about that.

HQ in Cyprus. Is that a big enough asset? 

djciolos5 #113 Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1815 battles
  • [DR-RO] DR-RO
Thank you Vuque.

szgege79 #114 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40382 battles

From WG site:

" Are you sharing my personal data with third parties?
Yes. We share your data with third parties. The GDPR does not forbid such sharing as long as we have a proper ground for such sharing. We wanted to be as clear as possible about the purposes of sharing your data with third parties and types of third parties in Section 6 of the new version of our Privacy Policy available."

So yes we should care about our personal data.

r

WindSplitter1 #115 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19160 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Since this is now an offtopic....

Does anyone really believe this law was actually meant to protect anyone? Seems like EU parliament learned a thing or two with WG and developed their own cashgrab.

It's possible that I'm too ignorant on the subject but this brings absolutely no benefit to, say webmasters.

szgege79 #116 Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40382 battles

As WG more times showed how they disrespect the customers. I think everyone should do the ticket about GDPR, where you confirm your data what you let to others. 

PizzaMatii #117 Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11170 battles
  • [BOTII] BOTII
))))

Attached Files

• Attached File   gdpr.JPG   37.2K

Edited by PizzaMatii, 26 May 2018 - 09:19 AM.

djciolos5 #118 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1815 battles
  • [DR-RO] DR-RO

View PostWayward_Current, on 25 May 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

I have not signed with WG for their original game to be modiffied by a third party that is  allowed not approved access to harvest my data and deliver  them by information processing method and in return change original data protection enviroment of the game by   allowing others to see my stats in battle allowing other people to potentially know me more personally that it should be by original game without my approval.

XVM in battle statistic practice is going to be examined by lawyers.

We,( we) guarantee that.

pretty much this.

And to some forums colleagues pointing out that we accepted the ptivacy update already : this is true, but the point is that people are not sure that WG policy is STRICTLY following GDPR ( i know they say they do). 

This is why some just don't take the risk: see Wotzilla and wotlife for instance.

And...from what i recall it's not only direclty personal data it's also about data allowing to ultimaley identify / individualize you. If i recall correctly.

Also tagged with GDPR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users