Jump to content


GDPR - no announcement whatsoever from WG

GDPR

  • Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

brumbarr #21 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View Postdjciolos5, on 24 May 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

I bet next months will be interested for the point no.6 of the Privacy rules.

It will also be question wheter the info shared with XVM or other 3rd parties COULD contain data allowin personal identification.

In which case, XVM will ultimately be terminated.

But it's not only this: all sites like vbaddict or wotlife will probably be affected.

 

If its deemed personal data al WG need to do is add on option of  hiding your game stats. This doesnt mean the end of XVM or stat sites, its going to be just fine, just with some accounts where you cant see the stats.

SABAOTH #22 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40172 battles
  • 3,494
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 24 May 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

Not really, that data is attached to an Internet Identifier.

 

That unless brings to identify you as a person, is not personal data. :girl:

CmdRatScabies #23 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,397
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View Postdjciolos5, on 24 May 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

I bet next months will be interested for the point no.6 of the Privacy rules.

It will also be question wheter the info shared with XVM or other 3rd parties COULD contain data allowin personal identification.

In which case, XVM will ultimately be terminated.

But it's not only this: all sites like vbaddict or wotlife will probably be affected.

 

What about Twitch steamers that show my noob moves live to millions or YouTubers that showcase my awesomeness or Replays that you can download?  I suspect none of it will count as personal data.

djciolos5 #24 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1827 battles
  • 164
  • [DR-RO] DR-RO
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postbrumbarr, on 24 May 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Why would they need to communicate anything if nothing changes? If they are already complaint  with it, there is nothing to announce.

 

Because it's a MAJOR change ? Would it be only to say they comply with !

When EURO currency entered into force, I don't remeber wheter there were some notification obligations, but everybody communicated on it.



Bulldog_Drummond #25 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33646 battles
  • 10,801
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

It's quite amusing to see people who know nothing about GDPR trying to score points off WG who, whatever their faults, can afford to pay competent lawyers to advise them on this.

 

It's not even as if anyone here actually even cares about GDPR or has a clue what it is about.



Pvt_Duffer #26 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:15 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16747 battles
  • 3,237
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 24 May 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

 

Only counts if it's personal data.  Guess you want right clicking a player's name to give you player stats to disappear also and not be able to search player stats on any web site  etc. etc.  Game would be poorer for it.

 

The nub of the problem is that an internet identifier carries the same weight as my actual identity, doesn't matter what I want,unless WG offer that stats data *without* an identifier, then they fall foul.

At least as far as I can tell.

 

Personally CBA, I have never been bothered by being a 48%er.



CmdRatScabies #27 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,397
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 24 May 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

 

The nub of the problem is that an internet identifier carries the same weight as my actual identity, doesn't matter what I want,unless WG offer that stats data *without* an identifier, then they fall foul.

At least as far as I can tell.

 

If it does, it will have implications way beyond XVM.

Bulldog_Drummond #28 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33646 battles
  • 10,801
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 24 May 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

 

The nub of the problem is that an internet identifier carries the same weight as my actual identity, doesn't matter what I want,unless WG offer that stats data *without* an identifier, then they fall foul.

At least as far as I can tell.

 

Personally CBA, I have never been bothered by being a 48%er.

 

Yeah, go ahead and sue.

brumbarr #29 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View Postdjciolos5, on 24 May 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

 

Because it's a MAJOR change ? Would it be only to say they comply with !

When EURO currency entered into force, I don't remeber wheter there were some notification obligations, but everybody communicated on it.

 

But if WG already comlied with the policy before it was implemented, they dont need to change anything. So why is it a major change then?



_underscored_ #30 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 59624 battles
  • 393
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

I'll let you in on a secret guys.

If you don't like XVM then WISHING WG's sharing of player stats is not compliant with GDPR will MAKE IT GO AWAY.

True story! Posting here also helps. Like, a lot.

 

 



Pvt_Duffer #31 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:18 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16747 battles
  • 3,237
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 24 May 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

 

Yeah, go ahead and sue.

 

No need,  file a complaint with the DPR.

 

FoC.

 


Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 24 May 2018 - 09:19 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #32 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33646 battles
  • 10,801
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 24 May 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

 

No need,  file a complaint with the DPR.

 

FoC.

 

 

Best of British Luck with that one.  Let us know how it works out for you.

 


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 24 May 2018 - 09:21 PM.


evilchaosmonkey #33 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17958 battles
  • 2,050
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 24 May 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

It's quite amusing to see people who know nothing about GDPR trying to score points off WG who, whatever their faults, can afford to pay competent lawyers to advise them on this.

 

It's not even as if anyone here actually even cares about GDPR or has a clue what it is about.

 

Exactly this, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.



djciolos5 #34 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1827 battles
  • 164
  • [DR-RO] DR-RO
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

View Postbrumbarr, on 24 May 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

 

But if WG already comlied with the policy before it was implemented, they dont need to change anything. So why is it a major change then?

 

With this logic you won't be able to explain why products have ecolabels, sites have verysign certifications and shops have VISa, Mastercard stickers on the doors.

Edited by djciolos5, 24 May 2018 - 09:23 PM.


Pvt_Duffer #35 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:23 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16747 battles
  • 3,237
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 24 May 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

 

Best of British Luck with that one.  Let us know how it works out for you.

 

Excellent non-sequtor. Please refer to previous answer....CBA.

 

But that fact does not detract from the reality that a simple complaint to the DPR is FoC and they will take it forward, there is no need to sue.

 



arthurwellsley #36 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54185 battles
  • 4,045
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 24 May 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

 

It's not even as if anyone here actually even cares about GDPR or has a clue what it is about.

 

I beg to differ.

 

But only for £1,000 per hour plus VAT.



Bulldog_Drummond #37 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33646 battles
  • 10,801
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 24 May 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

 

Excellent non-sequtor. Please refer to previous answer....CBA.

 

But that fact does not detract from the reality that a simple complaint to the DPR is FoC and they will take it forward, there is no need to sue.

 

 

Send a report to DPR and they will file it in the appropriate place.  But, out of curiosity, why would you even care whether WG put up a privacy notice on their site?  You wouldn't read it anyway.  And if they decided blatantly to ignore GDPR how would you be worse off than you are today?

 

Get a grip.

 

 

 



evilchaosmonkey #38 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:29 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17958 battles
  • 2,050
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

If you ever wonder why the world doesn't fix the big issues, it's because people fixate on small problems and waste everyone's time.



Bulldog_Drummond #39 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33646 battles
  • 10,801
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postarthurwellsley, on 24 May 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

 

I beg to differ.

 

But only for £1,000 per hour plus VAT.

 

It's a bargain, folks.

Bulldog_Drummond #40 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33646 battles
  • 10,801
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 24 May 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

If you ever wonder why the world doesn't fix the big issues, it's because people fixate on small problems and waste everyone's time.

 

I am currently managing a project with a 7 June deadline.  One of my colleagues spent 20 minutes on the phone today arguing that she should not be the "owner" of a task due on Friday which she will supervise and will take a couple of juniors 20 minutes to complete.  It's a good thing it was a conference call or I might have been tempted to throttle her.





Also tagged with GDPR

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users