Game mode tweaks to endure m

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32125 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I would like to open a discussion about what i have been witnessing and experiencing in Frontline since i started playing it again after a week...

Last week, the games were longer, i would see easly players do lots of damage, between 14-18k, sometimes even more than 20k damage...

something that obviously also related with the lenght of the sessions...

I have been noticing that fast games end up more or less all happening the exact same thing...

the assault team takes 1 or 2 of the first objectives really fast, like in the first 2 minutes, usaly A or B, and then an absolute lamme behaviours

start happening in both teams...

See, because C is arguably the hardest area to assault, you see assaulting players leaving C... they go to other areas, meaning other areas will have more numbers assaulting than defenders, and taht automaticaly cause the areas are taken too fast as well and the game progresses too quicly, other fact is... that many players as soon as their area is lost, they simply tend to not stick with it... they move to other areas where "aparently" they can easly farm more damage...

In other words, everyone is behaving like absolute lamme idiots, trying to have farm damage in the most possibly easy way... ignoring completely their duty or tasks... because they dont give a damn if they lose or win... but this is also causing the games to be extremely short... i usualy allways ended up as major or general, and today in like 7 or 8 sessions, i only made up general once, and major only twice... most of my games end like captain, and its not like i havent been in the otp of the damage of my team, or not being agressive, simply the games end up too quickly...

There are even idiots who as soon as they get into the final area, they simply load light tanks, so they can destroy the objective quickly... they dont even go for destroying enemies or making damage, they get into the last area, they load light tanks and they rush to destroy objectives...

And i personaly think, because of this type of lamme behaviour... WG should introduce some changes about how the mode is played....

firstly I personaly think they should restrict the amount of players allowed in a spawn area... for not more than 12... to prevent some areas get like 16 assault players, and only 5 or 6 defenders, wich is ridiculously inbalanced...  You cant allow this to happen...

This happens purely because players are lamme, they think by going with larger groups of players is easier to farm damage nad they die less...

pure lemming train mentality... wich is wrong and truelly anoying....

Secondly, i would nerf the airstrikes cappabilities, i have been experiencing that some players dont have the balls to challenge me even if i am as well playing medium tank, and they simple chose to sent me an airstrike because they feel frustrated of not being cappable of beat me...

that is so anoying... like... truely anoying... and this happens either if i am assaulting or defending...

I feel like airstrikes should have a bigger delay between the player request and the actual airstrike, to make airstrikes more focus in camping situations where players are indeed using a hull-down or a defensive position to hold the enemy, that makes sense, using airstrikes becuase they are lammje to fight, is just ridiculously anoying...

The game mode overal feels way more stable than the first week, didnt got anymore problems with server lag, but definitly needs some tweaks to keep th mode apealing, otherwise i would chose to have a regular random battle over a frontline game that is played in 15 minutes.. .

sgtYester #2 Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53444 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

no, ppl just farm damage and thus credits, the only thing that mode is good for.  winning or losing means nothing. does not matter for stats, does not matter for the goodies.

all that matters is damage

Bordhaw #3 Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10854 battles

Block Quote

Q: Will we ever see Frontline as a permanent mode?
A: There are a lot of issues with optimization. We want to introduce such things, which will be like by our players, and become popular. If we fix the FPS issues, then probably yes. The task list for WoT 2.0 (not 1.5) assumes introducing new game modes. Frontlne will appear, but most likely in another form.

Q: What about Battle Royale?
A: Players like it, and we’ll experiment with it. It will undergo massive changes, because it was made by the devs in their free time, which means they could do anything they wanted.

CmdRatScabies #4 Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35850 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Everyone is level 30 now and has access to a full set of consumables - personal arty etc.  Stay still for 3 seconds and you get blitzed.

Simeon85 #5 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

The arty strikes need to go, I don't see why players need a personal damage boosting consumable, consumables should have some sort of passive boost and should be team focused. 

Like inspire, engineering, smoke and recon, these are passive boosts, you need to be doing something at the same time to actually gain benefit from them and they are also team beneficial, recon helps spot for your team, inspire boosts nearby teamates, engineering helps cap flags faster and smoke helps cover team mates on say flags.

But the other two are just two bonus damage things and annoying as hell, pretty much every other player I see has them equipped and if you are out playing them, they launch their artillery at you, it's just a complete noob boost. 

The artillery one is also far far far too powerful, does way too much damage, it's like having old artillery back and also seems to track you every time.

It just needs to go IMO. If you want to do damage then you should be out there doing damage, not clicking a button whilst you hide behind a rock cos some guy has just owned you 1v1. 

C just needs fixing, so it's less easier to spawn camp, though I have seen C be taken more than it was a in the first week, players seem to be learning to take that one.

But the overload ability IMO needs to stay, spawning at the right flag and at the right time is part of the tactics of the game, shifting your platoon onto another sector to help create an overload is key to winning some flags and important for the attackers who have a much harder job than the defender. 

lonigus #6 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 25 May 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

The arty strikes need to go, I don't see why players need a personal damage boosting consumable, consumables should have some sort of passive boost and should be team focused. 

Like inspire, engineering, smoke and recon, these are passive boosts, you need to be doing something at the same time to actually gain benefit from them and they are also team beneficial, recon helps spot for your team, inspire boosts nearby teamates, engineering helps cap flags faster and smoke helps cover team mates on say flags.

But the other two are just two bonus damage things and annoying as hell, pretty much every other player I see has them equipped and if you are out playing them, they launch their artillery at you, it's just a complete noob boost. 

The artillery one is also far far far too powerful, does way too much damage, it's like having old artillery back and also seems to track you every time.

It just needs to go IMO. If you want to do damage then you should be out there doing damage, not clicking a button whilst you hide behind a rock cos some guy has just owned you 1v1. 

C just needs fixing, so it's less easier to spawn camp, though I have seen C be taken more than it was a in the first week, players seem to be learning to take that one.

But the overload ability IMO needs to stay, spawning at the right flag and at the right time is part of the tactics of the game, shifting your platoon onto another sector to help create an overload is key to winning some flags and important for the attackers who have a much harder job than the defender. 

Arty strike and bombing needs to go. They are indeed absolutely meaningless apart from being super annoying contributing little to nothing for the team as a whole. 

Instead of them I would propose "Mobile mechanic" which repairs allied tanks around like the repair circle on the map. Ofcourse not to full, but instead some percentage of the HP, repairing modules of allied tanks and reffiling the ammo.

And yes the games are nowdays way less objective oriented and people just farm damage or just simply play super bad. I even had a game where there was like 5 tanks as defenders on the WHOLE map at a time actively deployed... WUT.

Simeon85 #7 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Postlonigus, on 25 May 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Arty strike and bombing needs to go. They are indeed absolutely meaningless apart from being super annoying contributing little to nothing for the team as a whole. 

Instead of them I would propose "Mobile mechanic" which repairs allied tanks around like the repair circle on the map. Ofcourse not to full, but instead some percentage of the HP, repairing modules of allied tanks and reffiling the ammo.

And yes the games are nowdays way less objective oriented and people just farm damage or just simply play super bad. I even had a game where there was like 5 tanks as defenders on the WHOLE map at a time actively deployed... WUT.

Yeh that mobile mechanic idea sounds good. 

The game mode is supposed to be dynamic and objective based so I don't see what good having a arty is full stop as it discourages people from wanting to cap or take key positions, so having normal arty and arty strikes just encourages people to hang back.

You can usually tell whether you are going to win or lose a frontline from how your team deploys. Plus the whole C spawn camp thing just noob traps defenders cos you'll have 14 players there trying to spawn kill 5 enemies, leaving overloads all over the rest of the map.

And it is beyond me how people manage to do like 1k damage or less with 4 tanks. 

lonigus #8 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 25 May 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

Yeh that mobile mechanic idea sounds good. 

The game mode is supposed to be dynamic and objective based so I don't see what good having a arty is full stop as it discourages people from wanting to cap or take key positions, so having normal arty and arty strikes just encourages people to hang back.

You can usually tell whether you are going to win or lose a frontline from how your team deploys. Plus the whole C spawn camp thing just noob traps defenders cos you'll have 14 players there trying to spawn kill 5 enemies, leaving overloads all over the rest of the map.

And it is beyond me how people manage to do like 1k damage or less with 4 tanks. 

The C zone area was a clear oversight of WG map designers with the red like being put to far. To fix the spawncamping all that is needed is to pull the red line like 20 meters and it will be better. Once the team gets spawn trapped then the game is as good as lost and you can be lucky if you can get atleast captain rank. 

SaintMaddenus #9 Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33907 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Yea the zone C spawncamping is awful.

the other zone fill up so you are forced to spawn again and again in a camp site.  Then die fast so you have long waits between reloading your tanks.  From what I understand quit a game you earn a ban.

CmdRatScabies #10 Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35850 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 25 May 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Yea the zone C spawncamping is awful.

the other zone fill up so you are forced to spawn again and again in a camp site.  Then die fast so you have long waits between reloading your tanks.  From what I understand quit a game you earn a ban.

Attackers seem to be getting better at not being trapped on C though.  Seems harder to push them back into the spawn now.

Simeon85 #11 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Postlonigus, on 25 May 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

The C zone area was a clear oversight of WG map designers with the red like being put to far. To fix the spawncamping all that is needed is to pull the red line like 20 meters and it will be better. Once the team gets spawn trapped then the game is as good as lost and you can be lucky if you can get atleast captain rank. 

One of the issues with C is that platform overlooking the cap, attackers rush to get it, but it doesn't actually help them get the cap because they can't cap from there and defender can just sit hull down below them and still defend. Which is the other issue, get a decent hull down heavy (and even Russian heavies have enough gun depression for this) they can sit hull down next to the cliff, just on the edge of the cap and reset anyone that tries to cap. Making the cap area a raised platform with no cover is not a clever idea if you want people to actually contest it. 

Pushing from the right seems the best way of getting C, when I've seen it lost and won people have pushed down that flank and they can then get side shots into the people sitting on the edge of the cap and they reset the defenders spawn points pushing them back. 

pecopad #12 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22416 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Capping and defending experience should be 10-20 x what it is now. That would give the incentive to cap and play the objectives.

Gaining terrain should also account for experience, the more you push the more credits and xp you get.

Farming experience and credits has to be toned down in favor of other factors.

lonigus #13 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32631 battles

View Postpecopad, on 25 May 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Capping and defending experience should be 10-20 x what it is now. That would give the incentive to cap and play the objectives.

Gaining terrain should also account for experience, the more you push the more credits and xp you get.

Farming experience and credits has to be toned down in favor of other factors.

It really is a massive issue now. Almost noone bothers to play the objectives as attackers at all.

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postlonigus, on 26 May 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

It really is a massive issue now. Almost noone bothers to play the objectives as attackers at all.

Surely it should be the other way around.

Attackers need to attack the objectives if they want to farm credits as it extends the time.

Defenders are the ones who ignore the bases in favour of spawn camping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users