New gamemode: "WOT with bots"

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

zero_fox_given #1 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3154 battles

now i'm completely serious.

i would like to have possibility to play "offline"  (understand without other people)version of the game where you would play with bots in both teams. like real bots.

Credit and exp income would be reduced and also it would not count to the statistics so cheeky [edited]would not abuse it but...

You could use it to grind the terrible stock tanks,

you could switch to it when the moron level in random battles exceeds certain treshold, etc.

maybe even botters could have their bot programs fight other bots and leave random alone..

you could bring your platoon friends there but NO RANDOM PEOPLE

im not best player in the world but i just cant stand the [edited]idiots who wants to "have fun" in their games and play completely off meta. (for smartasses, it is not heavy going to med spot etc, it means heavy sniping with TDs or LT camping behind arty)

these people should play with similarly retarded people and "have fun" there.

i would rather play with 29 real bots than to have 2-3 of these idiots in my team

i would rather play with full bot team against real people, just the bots need to be at least semi intelligent...

RetroCh1cken #2 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4552 battles

View Postzero_fox_given, on 25 May 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

i would like to have possibility to play "offline"  (understand without other people)version of the game where you would play with bots in both teams. like real bots.

Credit and exp income would be reduced and also it would not count to the statistics so cheeky [edited]would not abuse it but...

you could switch to it when the moron level in random battles exceeds certain treshold, etc.

maybe even botters could have their bot programs fight other bots and leave random alone..

im not best player in the world but i just cant stand the [edited]idiots who wants to "have fun" in their games and play completely off meta. (for smartasses, it is not heavy going to med spot etc, it means heavy sniping with TDs or LT camping behind arty)

i would rather play with 29 real bots than to have 2-3 of these idiots in my team

i would rather play with full bot team against real people, just the bots need to be at least semi intelligent...

Like the idea, this was kinda what I had in mind when I made this thread, http://forum.worldof...romsearch__1 It was different gamemodes tho not the same one with bots

jack_timber #3 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31594 battles
Yep I vote for this mode....

DracheimFlug #4 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8948 battles
Good luck writing AI that can use terrain intelligently.

RetroCh1cken #5 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4552 battles

View PostDracheimFlug, on 25 May 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

They do actually already have AI in the game, in the tutorial, might not be the smartest in the world but they atleast got something to work with.

Danbob35 #6 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14900 battles

I would love to play a PVE version of this game.

you could even throw in some boss tanks, fight aircraft or ships etc, would be fun to play and give you an option to remove yourself from random battles when rage levels get over 9000.

+1 from me.

HerrWizo #7 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28737 battles

Like the idea, so +1, but most likely won't ever happen, at least not in that exact form. Controlling the income of all players and forcing them to buy pref tanks and other stuff is something WG prefers at all times, and it simply won't happen with bot mode. You see, no frustration leads to no reason for any additional purchases. In the end, you could see more people play bot mode than randoms :)

If they ever get this mode up and running, it will most certainly be limited in some way - probably without ANY credit income (but I bet they will keep costs for ammo and repairs, lol). They could even limit or remove exp earning in this mode. It would still be a good way to learn game, something like training rooms just with bots. Just don't expect to grind any tanks through it in the end. Pessimist? Hardly, only realist.

Geno1isme #8 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40872 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 25 May 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

They do actually already have AI in the game, in the tutorial, might not be the smartest in the world but they atleast got something to work with.

That's mostly just scripted stuff and hardly AI.

The bigger issue however is the same why Training Rooms require at least two persons: Each "room" drains server resources, so worst case PvE would require 30 times the hardware ressources than the current PvP mode. And the client itself isn't capable of actually hosting a battle as most mechanics (vision mechanics, penetration and damage calculations, ...) are done only on the server.

So at most we might see some kind of co-op battles like in WoWs and AW, but no pure singleplayer mode.

firelars4 #9 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41314 battles
Maybe it would be a good idea to have an option to add bots in training rooms then. 

Jigabachi #10 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDracheimFlug, on 25 May 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

All you need is an AI that plays more intelligently than all those human bots, which wouldn't take too much effort. At least those would be predictable to done extent.

MaxxyNL #11 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10782 battles
  • [THEFF] THEFF
Maybe fixing other/broken stuff should have the priority instead of adding new stuff.... :hiding:

Bora_BOOM #12 Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20677 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Don’t mind the idea, although personally I cant see any challenge in it cause:

You can only outplay a BOT.

A real player you can outsmart.

lgfrbcsgo #13 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28512 battles
  • [MOTIV] MOTIV
The option to grind stock tanks in PvE mode was really nice when I was playing Armored Warfare. The bots don't even need to be very intelligent, just the sheer amount of them will make it challenging.

Edited by lgfrbcsgo, 25 May 2018 - 11:12 AM.

Aikl #14 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25142 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I'd like the option for PvE. It can be fun even without much in the way of actual AI - the Halloween mode worked allright for what it was. The other tank game seemingly has attack waves with scripting. Stop to fire, fire on the move, stop in predetermined positions for cover. I

It's worth notng that splitting the playerbase between several modes is a bad idea. That's likely why WoT will alternate between Frontline and Ranked. Maybe PvE could be part of a rotation, though.
Also, if PvE ends up being a mode you stockgrind tanks in it would remove mainly upper-mid tier vehicles from the queue. Not good at all - considering the 3-5-7 scheme has some inherent flaws at the top end. Even without the flaws you'd likely get a domino effect - the tanks that get the harshest matchmaking are more likely to migrate to PvE, causing even worse problems. Maybe it's more robust than it appears - it's sure funny that you can run T8 Frontline half the day but a small amount of PMM tanks mess everything up.

hoveruss #15 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17041 battles

View PostDracheimFlug, on 25 May 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Seems to be plenty of that technology out there already! Some of the bots are pretty good. :mellow:

Balc0ra #16 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63325 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Actual offline won't happen. As then they would have to transfer info to your client files to make it work in terms of moving, shooting, damage etc... and that's info WG don't want most to know, as it shows in-dept how the game actually works sever side etc.

PVE has been around, and recently removed. Though that was the proving ground mode for new players that anyone could use. That was tier 1 to 3 iirc, and only gave XP and credits for the first 10 games on your profile. So you got out of your tier 1 and 2 stock grinds without facing real players. Issue was that they counted on your service record, and broke tier 1 ace badges. As 1400 xp on a tier 1 in a random match was still a 1st class. As most took out 15 tanks alone in that mode.

Another reason for it's removal was the introduction of boot camp. As that makes heavy use of "bots" as well. And thus creating "server strain", as you take up a match on your own, vs one match with 29 other players. And why the mode is limited on how many players can use it. And having two solo bot modes more or less was not ideal. NA is not a big server and it would work fine there, but not on RU. So due to that, WG did mention in an Q&A about a PVE team mode they had planned, or wanted to do. But need to find a way to.. not make it to stressful for the server. As we all know how EU1 is when it goes past 100K and have like 3000 games running for all those 100K. That and the PVE modes so far, inc boot camp is as basic of an AI you can get.. for the same reasons.

TankkiPoju #17 Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19967 battles

Yeah that's what this game needs:

New players could reach tier 10 in PvE matches and then try playing normal PvP battles...

Somnorila #18 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55532 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

I would want something like this. If you could also control the AI behavior in training maps would be even better. It's a way to get away from other people's whims or stupidity. If not for that at least for the option to actually have a place where you, whatever your skill may be, can be the best and just have fun as there is no fun without winning. And no proper training and map exploration if you're always dependable on other players and time limits.

Would prefer this rather than extensive RNG and other overly random stuff to bring "balance" and allow every player to experience epic feats.

Edited by Somnorila, 25 May 2018 - 12:19 PM.

PauI #19 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24867 battles
  • [BV-S] BV-S

View Postzero_fox_given, on 25 May 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

You have it dude ia called Random....not 100% bot but it does the job

gunslingerXXX #20 Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10116 battles

PvE is the perfect game mode for arty!

win-win scenario!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users