frontline artillery

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

rangerd #1 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11569 battles
  • [-FCR-] -FCR-

is it just me or is artillery in frontline just a bit too much cuz the people get the ability to ask airstrikes and arrtillery strikes in whith arty is this not a bit too much things that can hit you without u hitting them back

DrNovelzreal #2 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29391 battles
  • [-IRI-] -IRI-
Well... Work as intended. 

crnakoza #3 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54979 battles
Artillery is frontline is not that much of a problem for the one on the receiving end. Yes I've seen spg players rack up lots of dmg, but mostly on fools letting them do so. What puzzles me and makes me mad at the same time is arty in my own team. I really don't see much contribution from SPGs in frontline, to me they are a dead weight. Like having a player less. Why would anyone play arty in frontline? Whyyyyyyy?

Spurtung #4 Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61582 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postcrnakoza, on 25 May 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

Why would anyone play arty in frontline? Whyyyyyyy?

Non-stop pew pew crew training instead of the usual 20 seconds waiting for something to light up?

Dorander #5 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View Postcrnakoza, on 25 May 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Artillery is frontline is not that much of a problem for the one on the receiving end. Yes I've seen spg players rack up lots of dmg, but mostly on fools letting them do so. What puzzles me and makes me mad at the same time is arty in my own team. I really don't see much contribution from SPGs in frontline, to me they are a dead weight. Like having a player less. Why would anyone play arty in frontline? Whyyyyyyy?

You've obviously never had the pleasure of defending as artillery. It can reset caps that most other tanks can't. I hated my GW Tiger P in randoms. I love it in Frontline. Until it runs out of ammo anyway, and I get killed trying to restock... but that's 15 shots so roughly 8 minutes later. By then I'm typically fine swapping to something else.

Similarly on offense, I'll prioritize people who go for my team's cappers, Skorpion Gs, and anything that's a little too comfortably hull-down. Clusters of enemies are nice too, stuns for everyone. Usually after my front is capped, I just hold J and field something else.

As for not seeing their contribution, obviously like all other games and all other tank types, contribution depends on the skill of the player...

View Postrangerd, on 25 May 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

is it just me or is artillery in frontline just a bit too much cuz the people get the ability to ask airstrikes and arrtillery strikes in whith arty is this not a bit too much things that can hit you without u hitting them back

It's not you, but it's in fact the consumable that's a bit much. If you don't want too many things that can hit you without hitting you back, you should be protesting about the fact that every tank is now also artillery if they feel like it. At least artillery is limited to 1 per front.

Three_Rounds_Rapid #6 Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34455 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
If you sat clickers down and asked what they would like it, would be FrontLine. Not only do you get to shoot continuously as there are always targets on at least 2 zones, you can also spot for yourself (recon) and dump airstrike and arty strike on tanks you have just tracked.

krismorgan #7 Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31334 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View PostThree_Rounds_Rapid, on 25 May 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

If you sat clickers down and asked what they would like it, would be FrontLine. Not only do you get to shoot continuously as there are always targets on at least 2 zones, you can also spot for yourself (recon) and dump airstrike and arty strike on tanks you have just tracked.

3 zones if you get b,and yes i love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users