Picking up EU account again - help me pick a premium credit maker

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Lightspeaker #1 Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 147 battles

Hey everyone.

Long, long ago I created this EU account for WoT. And I dabbled a bit, didn't get very far and didn't really try to learn how to play. Later on I picked up a beta key for World of Warships over on the US server so I started a new account over there and sort of never really came back. However recently a friend of mine (who has an account on this server) has been saying we should play together so I've picked up this account again.

And now I've run into a snag. Compared to my US account, where I'm moderately deep into quite a few lines and am currently working on getting three heavy lines from T8 to T10 and have a fair few premiums to help with credits, I'm very thin on the ground here with an undeveloped account. Especially crucially I'm going to be absolutely crippled for credits so I figure I'll pick up a premium on here to make them in, but I'm having trouble deciding what. My garage on the US server I'm relatively spoiled for choice and I COULD go with something I know I'm comfortable with (due to having it over there) and I know I handle moderately well like the Lowe or the Jg88.

But it might be better to try something new. So I'm stuck and I'd appreciate some thoughts. Realistically to make decent credits I ideally want a T7 or T8 but certainly no lower than a T5. Cost isn't really an issue but I'd prefer not to have to buy a whole bunch of tanks. Quickly looking through the tiers on the premium store (I can't check the in-game gold-purchasable tanks right this moment because I'm downloading the latest update):

T5 - The only thing that jumps out is the Churchill III which I already own on the US server. Can be fun but honestly I hardly ever play it over there now.

T6 - Japanese Heavy VI is possible I guess. I don't own that one though I've passed through the Tiger I on the German line before today and from what I hear it plays a little similarly in terms of weaknesses, etc. The SU100Y is a little appealing too since I've never owned one and I've always felt I should but on the other hand I've always been utterly underwhelmed facing them (I don't recall any occasions where they've given me problems).

T7 - Bunch of TDs in here. The SU-122-44 is supposed to be fun and the AT15A looks interesting but I hear they're bad money makers. KV-122 is right out because it apparently has roughly the same chassis as the KV-85 and I cannot drive that tank for love nor money for some reason. VK45.03 and Panther/M10 both have not great reputations. Scorpion I'm not all that interested by. The IS-2 is also currently on sale with a BiA crew which is great; though I just bought it on the US server myself but I've not had much time to figure out how I feel about it yet. How's the Waffentrager?

T8 - Ton in here so I'll just point out what jumps out. I hear the M4A1 Ravioli is good though I've never driven one. I recall driving the Mutz as a rental or something and not really being smitten with it particularly. My babies in the form of the Lowe and Jg88 are here; though I'm not sure if I should just buy one of them again or not to be "safe" (mainly the Lowe; the Jg88 doesn't seem to perform quite as well as I used to make it dance back when it'd just been replaced by the Kanonenjagdpanzer). I've been intrigued by the Strv for a while; the WZ-120-1G FT sounds pretty fun too. The 112 is apparently like an exaggerated IS-6 which is already in trouble from low pen so I'm not sure if its a good idea in terms of money making. I hear the leKpz M 41 90mm is insanely fun and a good credit maker but I'm not exactly a huge light tank player (I run French light autoloaders on the US server for missions and that's about it; though I have been playing with the super-fast British Cromwells lately).

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Edited by Lightspeaker, 25 May 2018 - 07:16 PM.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10724 battles
You can try some at the testserver, but you have limited gold so chose wisely

Homer_J #3 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If you have the Lowe over there and can play it well then I would go with that.

Most EU Lowe players are pretty bad so people expect you to be bad and ignore you.

It has a decent gun which doesn't rely on premium ammo to cope with higher tiers too much.

UrQuan #4 Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19411 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The T-34-85M is a very good tank at T6. Strong tank & can make nice credits as well that way.

The VK 45 03 is a good credit maker, has cheap shells & makes good credits. It's also a T7, so the MM isn't too bad either. The armor isn't anything to rely on, but the gun is great & the mobility okay for a heavy.

If you like a T8 prem tank, the Lowe is good, makes good credits & the good gun, along with the strong turret allows you to play a role in the classic 3-5-7 bottomtier games. One of the better prem T8 tanks in the current T8 MM .

While most casemate TD's are a bit outdated in the current game, the WZ 120 1G FT TankDestroyer is still a nice one, good mobility, nice gun & the armor works if you can find a hulldown spot or a place where you can let the gun depression work, maximizing the armor.

Regarding the ravioli, it's a very good creditmaker because of the cheap shells, they're very cheap for such high damage shells. It also has a very small profile when hulldown. But it's also a pure support tank. relies on the team to push places/flanks. 

Last tip, if possible, buy a nice prem tank that fits with a line you are grinding. That way you can train the crews more efficiently as well. A good crew is very valuable.

Lightspeaker #5 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 147 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 25 May 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

If you have the Lowe over there and can play it well then I would go with that.

Most EU Lowe players are pretty bad so people expect you to be bad and ignore you.

It has a decent gun which doesn't rely on premium ammo to cope with higher tiers too much.

Well I'd be reluctant to say I'm "good" but I'm posting an average WN8 these days as opposed to being a complete tomato haha. And I tend to do better than my average in a Lowe so maybe.

View PostUrQuan, on 26 May 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

The T-34-85M is a very good tank at T6. Strong tank & can make nice credits as well that way.

The VK 45 03 is a good credit maker, has cheap shells & makes good credits. It's also a T7, so the MM isn't too bad either. The armor isn't anything to rely on, but the gun is great & the mobility okay for a heavy.

If you like a T8 prem tank, the Lowe is good, makes good credits & the good gun, along with the strong turret allows you to play a role in the classic 3-5-7 bottomtier games. One of the better prem T8 tanks in the current T8 MM .

While most casemate TD's are a bit outdated in the current game, the WZ 120 1G FT TankDestroyer is still a nice one, good mobility, nice gun & the armor works if you can find a hulldown spot or a place where you can let the gun depression work, maximizing the armor.

Regarding the ravioli, it's a very good creditmaker because of the cheap shells, they're very cheap for such high damage shells. It also has a very small profile when hulldown. But it's also a pure support tank. relies on the team to push places/flanks. 

Last tip, if possible, buy a nice prem tank that fits with a line you are grinding. That way you can train the crews more efficiently as well. A good crew is very valuable.

Thanks, this is all good stuff. Its difficult at the moment because typically I buy premiums explicitly as crew trainers but I have no idea what tank lines I'm going to be rolling up on here yet. The only one I feel is a bit 'obvious' (since I've never played it before and want to) is the German turreted TD line. But if I was getting a premium for that I'd wait for the Skorpion G to turn up at some point. So really its a bit difficult to decide. Worst comes to worst I can just buy another prem to act as a crew trainer later on. I've been sort of tentatively looking into Chinese lines, Italy (although I'm already rolling that on the US server) and the US Heavies.

I think for now the Lowe seems to perhaps be the safest bet.

Suurpolskija #6 Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
If you're going to buy only one premium you want something that is consistent. I've found heavy tanks to be consistent. My highest xp tank is vk45.03 and it probably would be the one premium tank I'd keep if I was to choose only one.

If you liked Löwe, it's probably very good choice too.

I got the M41 90mm an Revalorise. Both are good, but not as good as heavy tanks, at least for me. And at least I tend to have more inconsistency in games with mediums and lights than heavies. Except Progetto. Spaghetti is great!

OllieCromwell #7 Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41388 battles
  • [GENB] GENB
Personally I would say T-34-85M and/or Skorpion G ... especially the Skorpion is a nice Credit maker. In it's role (and with a more than capable gun) it doesn't reallly care if it's thrown into a Tier X battle since it's relying on stealth anyway. Shooting them big juicy Tier X's however, makes for some nice cash :)

SiliconSidewinder #8 Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27326 battles

personally I'd say

=> what tank class and nation you want to play should come first ;)

from there on things should be clear :B.

StinkyStonky #9 Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26977 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

Avoid all pref MM tanks.

You might get lucky and pick one that WG overbuff, but more likely you'll find youself spending another 2k gold to swap it for something else.

VarzA #10 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18081 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostLightspeaker, on 25 May 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

Hey everyone.

Long, long ago I created this EU account for WoT. And I dabbled a bit, didn't get very far and didn't really try to learn how to play. Later on I picked up a beta key for World of Warships over on the US server so I started a new account over there and sort of never really came back. However recently a friend of mine (who has an account on this server) has been saying we should play together so I've picked up this account again.

And now I've run into a snag. Compared to my US account, where I'm moderately deep into quite a few lines and am currently working on getting three heavy lines from T8 to T10 and have a fair few premiums to help with credits, I'm very thin on the ground here with an undeveloped account. Especially crucially I'm going to be absolutely crippled for credits so I figure I'll pick up a premium on here to make them in, but I'm having trouble deciding what. My garage on the US server I'm relatively spoiled for choice and I COULD go with something I know I'm comfortable with (due to having it over there) and I know I handle moderately well like the Lowe or the Jg88.

But it might be better to try something new. So I'm stuck and I'd appreciate some thoughts. Realistically to make decent credits I ideally want a T7 or T8 but certainly no lower than a T5. Cost isn't really an issue but I'd prefer not to have to buy a whole bunch of tanks. Quickly looking through the tiers on the premium store (I can't check the in-game gold-purchasable tanks right this moment because I'm downloading the latest update):

T5 - The only thing that jumps out is the Churchill III which I already own on the US server. Can be fun but honestly I hardly ever play it over there now. --- Pz. T25 is probably more flexible.

T6 - Japanese Heavy VI is possible I guess. I don't own that one though I've passed through the Tiger I on the German line before today and from what I hear it plays a little similarly in terms of weaknesses, etc. The SU100Y is a little appealing too since I've never owned one and I've always felt I should but on the other hand I've always been utterly underwhelmed facing them (I don't recall any occasions where they've given me problems). --- Type 64 and T-34-85M; both are obscenely OP

T7 - Bunch of TDs in here. The SU-122-44 is supposed to be fun and the AT15A looks interesting but I hear they're bad money makers. KV-122 is right out because it apparently has roughly the same chassis as the KV-85 and I cannot drive that tank for love nor money for some reason. VK45.03 and Panther/M10 both have not great reputations. Scorpion I'm not all that interested by. The IS-2 is also currently on sale with a BiA crew which is great; though I just bought it on the US server myself but I've not had much time to figure out how I feel about it yet. How's the Waffentrager? --- Steyr WT is basically a borsig at t7 with the 88 l71, kinda needs an open map to work well. Panther/M10 is good and does good creds, but it's a tank that kinda needs food to get awesome view range (450+).

T8 - Ton in here so I'll just point out what jumps out. I hear the M4A1 Ravioli is good though I've never driven one. I recall driving the Mutz as a rental or something and not really being smitten with it particularly. My babies in the form of the Lowe and Jg88 are here; though I'm not sure if I should just buy one of them again or not to be "safe" (mainly the Lowe; the Jg88 doesn't seem to perform quite as well as I used to make it dance back when it'd just been replaced by the Kanonenjagdpanzer). I've been intrigued by the Strv for a while; the WZ-120-1G FT sounds pretty fun too. The 112 is apparently like an exaggerated IS-6 which is already in trouble from low pen so I'm not sure if its a good idea in terms of money making. I hear the leKpz M 41 90mm is insanely fun and a good credit maker but I'm not exactly a huge light tank player (I run French light autoloaders on the US server for missions and that's about it; though I have been playing with the super-fast British Cromwells lately). --- Revalorise is probably best bang for buck at under 10k gold, if you can make it work. 112 does better than the IS-6, way more troll armor and a good premium shell. Strv S1 depends on good open maps (3 of the 5 removed in 1.0 were those maps), and the wz-120-1g ft is an assault td with troll armor, decent gun depression and super punchy gun with good pen.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Comments in bold.

BodyGuardOfLies #11 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 79776 battles

View PostOllieCromwell, on 07 June 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Personally I would say T-34-85M and/or Skorpion G ... especially the Skorpion is a nice Credit maker. In it's role (and with a more than capable gun) it doesn't reallly care if it's thrown into a Tier X battle since it's relying on stealth anyway. Shooting them big juicy Tier X's however, makes for some nice cash :)

I agree the T34-85 is good and the Skorpian G is probably the only tier 8 premium I would consider given that tier 8's under the current match making are just there to be farmed by tier 10's. 

Oh yeah I forgot the WZ 120 1G FT which can hold it's own.

You can average 30k a game in tier 5 non premiiums like the derp wolverine, M4 or Panzer 4 because the shells are cheap and the derp racks up damage. 

If you want a laugh the KV2-R is hilarious although expensive who doesn't enjoy the sheer panic induced in an enemy that comes flying around a corner to find daddy derp KV2 and it will make steady credits.

The most important thing is to choose a tank you enjoy because you will be spending a lot of time in it grinding credits which is not going to happen if playing it is a chore. 

Edited by BodyGuardOfLies, 08 June 2018 - 06:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users