What the… is EU s***posting on their own forum to control it? Or trolls?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

MissiMissi #1 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14 battles

NA exile.. been looking at this forum closely to decide to play here or on RU as losing everything you play and pay for twice in a short timeframe is something most people would like to avoid, right?

Me and a friend do spend quite the amount of money on games like these when we start playing, so there’s that as well.

Ok so in a nutshell, this forum actually looks manipulated to me and a friend, maybe we just don’t get EU courtesy or maybe it is completely different than the NA mindset, so we might be completely wrong, but if we are right then EU is having even more shady practices than NA. Most definitely if we are right, so it kinda became a reason for concern really and I’m going to share it on this 2012 account lol.

Without starting to name people, point to their posts and possibly shame them, here are some broader highlights after watching this EU forum for a day or so:

- people with a lot of battles but only a few posts attack people asking about compensation / refund options. Peculiar.

- a group of accounts attacking with a vengeance genuine concerns with strawman arguments in a fashion that is almost too professional for trolling... again not going to name and shame but wow.

- quite regular EU shop offers like the Berlin trio tanks, which even my friend owns here while not even playing here really, are being referred to as rare beta tanks and one-time super rare omg get it now opportunities in the first replies. Amazing.

- a group of accounts attacks by ridiculing stats of posters if they have quite solid reasoning identifying issues and / or possible conspiracy theories. Almost too funny.

Look, if we are completely wrong the EU forum might be even more toxic than the NA forum, which isn't a great thing either. WOT is competitive that’s a fact but this behavior is borderline ridiculous to read / see / not get addressed by anyone… it being by design almost makes more sense? Whatever the case, game-play and forum strangeness should be looked at separately so there is that. We’re going to platoon up and see for ourselves.

Let's end with those conspiracy theories posted here, as they are quite interesting and popular it seems on EU... IF, if, EU battles or tanks are influenced in some way,  any kind of way, then manipulating the forum seems like the more easy task, doesn't it? Hahaha!

Mmmh... thought you EU guys had less problems than NA when it started to decline rapidly, but in all honestly at this point in time it seems worse here on the forum. Just give that a minute EU buddies!

Very strange very funny indeed. Keep rolling EU buddies. :coin:

Edited by MissiMissi, 25 May 2018 - 08:33 PM.

Dead_in_30_seconds #2 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2373 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMissiMissi, on 25 May 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

NA exile.. been looking at this forum closely to decide to play here or on RU as losing everything you play and pay for twice in a short timeframe is something most people would like to avoid, right?

Me and a friend do spend quite the amount of money on games like these when we start playing, so there’s that as well.

Ok so in a nutshell, this forum actually looks manipulated to me and a friend, maybe we just don’t get EU courtesy or maybe it is completely different than the NA mindset, so we might be completely wrong, but if we are right then EU is having even more shady practices than NA. Most definitely if we are right, so it kinda became a reason for concern really and I’m going to share it on this 2012 account lol.

Without starting to name people, point to their posts and possibly shame them, here are some broader highlights after watching this EU forum for a day or so:

- people with a lot of battles but only a few posts attack people asking about compensation / refund options. Peculiar.

- a group of accounts attacking with a vengeance genuine concerns with strawman arguments in a fashion that is almost too professional for trolling... again not going to name and shame but wow.

- quite regular EU shop offers like the Berlin trio tanks, which even my friend owns here while not even playing here really, are being referred to as rare beta tanks and one-time super rare omg get it now opportunities in the first replies. Amazing.

- a group of accounts attacks by ridiculing stats of posters if they have quite solid reasoning identifying issues and / or possible conspiracy theories. Almost too funny.

Look, if we are completely wrong the EU forum might be even more toxic than the NA forum, which isn't a great thing either. WOT is competitive that’s a fact but this behavior is borderline ridiculous to read / see / not get addressed by anyone… it being by design almost makes more sense? Whatever the case, game-play and forum strangeness should be looked at separately so there is that. We’re going to platoon up and see for ourselves.

Let's end with those conspiracy theories posted here, as they are quite interesting and popular it seems on EU... IF, if, EU battles or tanks are influenced in some way,  any kind of way, than manipulating the forum seems like the more easy task, doesn't it? Hahaha!

Mmmh... thought you EU guys had less problems than NA when it started to decline rapidly, but in all honestly at this point in time it seems worse here on the forum. Just give that a minute EU buddies!

Very strange very funny indeed. Keep rolling EU buddies. :coin:

Long post considering the highlighted section neatly summed it up.

Homer_J #3 Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMissiMissi, on 25 May 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

Feel free to pint matey, we don't have your NA snowflake sensitivities over here.

Again point to one.  Although tanks you have on sale every other week we get maybe twice a year.

NA server is failing and WG throw everything at it to get people to play one more game.  That's not the case here, we have a bunch of addicts who will keep playing no matter what.  If they turned the servers off they would sit there clicking connect constantly for a week.

Coopsjc21 #4 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8826 battles

It's not full of thick Americans, if that's what you mean?

What?

WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15699 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

EU populace is the most toxic you'll find. I don't need to know the other regions to come to that conclusion.

@ Work when the occasional foreigner from North/South America, The Ukraine or Russia come by, it feels like I'm the customer and s/he's the CS.  Locals are complete e-d-i-t-e-d.

I've made a few gaming projects with an retired American guy. He'd cuss sometimes, but when enthusiastic about something. Not in the "get cancer" like we see here everyday just because you're a spoiled freckled-face adolescent who wants to win every single round and win big because the real world won't spare snowflakes.

Too bad.

If you have a choice, reconsider increasing your battle count in this bucket of vomit and bile. I reckon the irony in my post. It is intentional.

EDIT:

Well, the two geniuses above me just proved what I said. Being rude is against the rules. But if you're not rude, then you're a snowflake, right?

Edited by WindSplitter1, 25 May 2018 - 09:11 PM.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMissiMissi, on 25 May 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

We get a lot of people coming here with a lot of weird ideas. That's pretty normal. Or coud be about a recent rebalancing project. Details needed.

Block Quote

We have quite a few well known trolls and crapposters whom the mods refuse to ban.

Block Quote

Well. You won't get spoiled here as much as on the NA server, that's for sure. You won't have everything thrown at you for a dollar. 

Block Quote

We have botlevel players coming here every week to puke some nonsense about things they have no idea about. The problem is: You need a certain level of competence and expertise to spot and understand things that don't work like expected, which those players don't have at all.

We even have an established stereotype here: If there is someone talking about all kinds of weird stereotypes, it's someone with far below average stats, a complete lack of common sense and a very limited education, because his posts look like he threw them into a mixer before posting. It's quite funny actually... and sad. 

Anyway, pointless to discuss this without any examples. Put some quotes here without any names, that should work.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65898 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostWindSplitter1, on 25 May 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

EU populace is the most toxic you'll find. I don't need to know the other regions to come to that conclusion.

EU is the drama queen server. As clearly shown daily on most general discussion topics. EU forum is more whiny then toxic tbh. There is ofc a few toxic rants here and there. And the odd topic that can get out of hand fast. But way less then on some sections on NA. As EU is to busy to complain, then rage on people with a different opinion, or someone that proved them wrong.

NA is def the most toxic when playing in terms of chat when playing for sure. First game I played, full of racist slur right off the bat. EU is more happy with the C word as you know. On NA? On NA I learn a new words daily, or ways to dispose of pineapples with my rear end to name one. At least they are creative toxic unlike EU.

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 May 2018 - 01:30 AM.

evilchaosmonkey #8 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16655 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

It's just a cultural difference.

Europeans are somewhat more forthright in their opinions of others.  None of that "have a nice day" sentiment over here.  In real life and face to face, people are generally very polite however.

Perhaps because of our history of fighting each other, we're not united as a continent and to be honest we've only really been trying to come together since the formation of the EU (and it's predecessors).

Add a general EU attitude of not suffering fools gladly, lots of English as a second language people, stir in a subtle misunderstanding of the intricacies of the English language, its humour and etiquette and "Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt" we have a whole bunch of people who end up getting into text wars.

It's also quite good fun winding people up sometimes and lighting the blue touch paper, just to see what happens.

Join us and expose your inner demon, we don't actually hate each other and will join together as one if our backs are against the wall.

EDIT: actually the forum dynamic is also a lot like a large family.  We all squabble and bring up long held grievances, but we are a family and fight together as one.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 26 May 2018 - 08:37 AM.

SiliconSidewinder #9 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27443 battles

There are a lot more players on EU than on NA which basically explains everything MissiMissi.

as well as offcourse beeing to another part of the world, with different cultures, just enjoy the ride, you will catch on in time.

mpf1959 #10 Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14893 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I am feeling professionally manipulated after reading that post.....................:bajan:

Dead_in_30_seconds #11 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2373 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I was professionally manipulated once, my wife was furious.

Dead_in_30_seconds #12 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2373 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Fighting,

biting,

reputation slighting,

that's what you'll find on this forum.

Nagging,

slagging,

win rate bragging,

all done with European decorum.

an0ther #13 Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32244 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I blame Dingers. Oh wait...

One can say many things about WG EU, but at least they have an ability to keep the forums alive. Quite a lot of stuff that would not be allowed elsewhere is tolerated. 

evilchaosmonkey #14 Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16655 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostDead_in_30_seconds, on 26 May 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

I was professionally manipulated once, my wife was furious.

My family are now curious as to why I p**d myself laughing for a while.... hats off to you.

Nethraniel #15 Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12942 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

:unsure:

Two topics started with equally 'interesting' claims, and then never post again in own topic... OP looks suspicious.

SiliconSidewinder #16 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27443 battles
well yeah, propably just another troll :rolleyes:

Jigabachi #17 Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSiliconSidewinder, on 27 May 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

well yeah, propably just another troll :rolleyes:

You now get warnings for calling people trolls. Even if they are trolls.

But anyway... yeah, just another case of "people have to know my thoughts" drama.

SiliconSidewinder #18 Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27443 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 27 May 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

But anyway... yeah, just another case of "people have to know my thoughts" drama.

you do? thanks for the headsup!

time for a new word then :trollface:

Dead_in_30_seconds #19 Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2373 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJigabachi, on 27 May 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

BODS's? Brains Of Diminutive Stature?

250swb #20 Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22086 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Is this some Yank telling the rest of the World what they are doing wrong? Sound familiar?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users