It's fun to be bottom tier

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Dramakid19 #1 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9608 battles
Hello everyone. Today i decided to write my opinion on everything that is happening recently. Last night video on YT from MarkGFL sparked me a bit (https://www.youtube....C5-WHMq0&t=142s). So are you having fun playing whole day as bottom tier? I know that in Wg there is no will to improve matchmaking, but let's be honest..it can be done. Everything they care is to get their pockets full of OUR money. Well, i've had it enough. I was a paying customer, and as a paying customer you expect to be satisfied with product you bought with your money. And this is not just about money, more important is time we spend on the game. I have lost every single game today as a bottom tier..why? Do i suck? How can i affect game in top tier if we are losing in first 2 minutes 6-7-8:0. Probably im gonna still play wot, but i will not pay a single coin until mm gets sorted out. Probably that's never gonna happen, so Wg you lost one of your paying customer. It's not like i invested millions, but it was a lots of money. I know if we all decide to not pay them anymore they would be forced to change things..and i know it's a hard task to ask anyone to do this , but it can be done. And pls don't say go play frontline cos i don't care for those mods. It's fun for someone, but not for me. I just want a regular game to play..and to be a top tier at least 40%. What do you think people? 

CircleOfSorrow #2 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28819 battles
Some people like to be on the bottom, and some people like to be on top.  There are even people that like to be sandwiched in the middle.  Just because you can't understand a person's preference doesn't make it invalid.

Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 28513 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 26 May 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Some people like to be on the bottom, and some people like to be on top. There are even people that like to be sandwiched in the middle. Just because you can't understand a person's preference doesn't make it invalid.

My success rate is always best when I'm a bottom

etody77 #4 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61666 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
try it with T34, against some maus, bobjects...on prokhorovka

Balc0ra #5 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64400 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 26 May 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

Some people like to be on the bottom, and some people like to be on top. There are even people that like to be sandwiched in the middle. Just because you can't understand a person's preference doesn't make it invalid.

Not how I would have explained it... but… well. 

View PostDramakid19, on 26 May 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Well, i've had it enough. I was a paying customer, and as a paying customer you expect to be satisfied with product you bought with your money. And this is not just about money, more important is time we spend on the game. I have lost every single game today as a bottom tier..why? 

So the game should give you better MM and give you more top tier games the more you pay?  I doubt many f2p players would be around this long if WG did give "paying customers" more MM benefits. Or more top tier games etc. 

How can i affect game in top tier if we are losing in first 2 minutes

If you team dies that fast. There is nothing you can do even as top tier is it? 

I just want a regular game to play..and to be a top tier at least 40%. What do you think people? 

For you to get 40% top tier games, someone needs to be mid and bottom tier 60% of the time. 33% would make more sense, and more fair if you will. But unless it's 100% of the time. I suspect a majority will still not be happy with it. 

As for is it fun? Depends on what tank it is ofc. Some tanks can't even carry as top tier for it to matter, yet alone in a +2. Like the AMX 65t or the TVP VTU. Others can bully and harass just fine regardless of what they face. Inc my Cromwell B, that I don't care what kind of MM he gets. As he is versatile enough to farm bully damage and assist, and it's mobile enough. So on some of my tanks. I don't mind it. Others like some of my current grinds. Being top tier all day don't even help. 

Balance issues for some tanks aside… +2 MM is the reason I still play. Equal tier games in the current meta on some tiers don't even work. And facing the same 4 tanks all day long with +0 or +1 all day long would remove variation to name one. Some ppl hate +2, but.. there are some that still prefer it. 

And you can't please everyone at the same time. And that's the aspect most don't understand. Make it +1 etc, and you might lose more players then if you keep +2. Or you might gain more players vs what you lose. Who knows. But doing everything the players want is not ideal either.. as we all know how long that "other" game lasted that did do exactly that. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 26 May 2018 - 01:27 PM.

clixor #6 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50411 battles

The thing is, when you are toptier.. someone else is bottom and unhappy. But i agree there needs to be some balance. 

And btw.. quite some time ago WG actually promised us that the mm would 'remember' your top/bottom tier battles and as a result would diversify. Such a thing ofcourse never happened.

Warzey #7 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 56805 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

View Postclixor, on 26 May 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

The thing is, when you are toptier.. someone else is bottom and unhappy. But i agree there needs to be some balance. 

And btw.. quite some time ago WG actually promised us that the mm would 'remember' your top/bottom tier battles and as a result would diversify. Such a thing ofcourse never happened.

It's because of them pref MM tanks. They are the main reason we can't have nice things. :trollface:

Balc0ra #8 Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64400 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postclixor, on 26 May 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

That change is already in. If it works or not is a different matter, as it's not easy to say either way. Again unless everyone was top tier 90% of the time that is. As the keyword there was that MM will TRY to get you more top tier or middle tier after you seen bottom tier 7 times in a row. But they never said if the odd top tier game in there would ruin the "streak" or not. 

Bexleyheath #9 Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4268 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 26 May 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

"Oi! You stop that filth at once!"

Dramakid19 #10 Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9608 battles
My point was the game ain't fair. Matchmaking ain't fair, especially for some tanks (try to play in Black prince at bottom tier vs. Mauschen or some russian op tank)..you cant even pen them, and if you do you do some crappy dmg. And my issue is also with map rotation. FFS every third game is Ensk..Malinovka and Prohkorovka are so rare in my ocassion. Some maps should be restricted for some vehicles. SPG isn't for city maps.

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDramakid19, on 26 May 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

My point was the game ain't fair. Matchmaking ain't fair,

Of course it's fair, it's the same for everyone. So that moots your point completely.

Suurpolskija #12 Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
I'd get rid of 3-5-7 but keep +2 mm. The problem, however probably is that there's too much players playing at tier10 and the template seems to favor 3-5-7 so that sucks for tier8.

ApocalypseSquad #13 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26257 battles
I am OK with 3-5-7. The problem with any suggestion that increases the number of top tier battles you play is that when you are bottom tier you are going to be pure cannon fodder.  At least with 7 equivalent tier enemy tanks on the roster you have plenty to aim at, and the tier above are fair game too.  OK, you may struggle more against the top tier, but there are only 3 of them ffs...  I think people obsess too much about being top tier.

Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 26 May 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Ahh, that explains EVERYTHING:B

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20700 battles

Are you talking about the game or about sexual positions? 

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10711 battles

I prefer 5/10 over 3/5/7 alot, because:

- one tier spread is obviously more balanced

- with 5 vs 5 top tiers, chances are smaller you get only potatoes like me and the enemy gets all the good players.

3/5/7 in theory is not bad. It just fails at tier 8. Also the inbalance within tiers is not helping... 

For me personally its not that bad, I do have fun bottom tier otherwise I would not play. Not caring about my statistics does help though.

What I find most annoying about the game is the obvious powercreep/money grab. Basically if you don't have alot of time to play or are not willing to spend alot of money, you cannot be competitive at higher tiers. (Yes, I know I suck, thats the main reason I'm not competitive, but thats not the point here). When I decide to grind for example the obj. 268 v4, it will be nerfed when I get there and in the meantime 4 more powerfull (russian) tanks have been introduced

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 26 May 2018 - 03:49 PM.

JERRY_K #17 Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11058 battles
Problem is that playing low tier we do not have (almost) any influence on the result, so statistics goes down and so on. It is ridiculous. I have written ticket to support with statistics - more than 100 games and only 3 as I remember as a top tier. Answer was that statistics we can discuss after thousand of battles. Seriously. Basically it means 900 more then I can start complaining... Kind of joke? Something happened 3 days ago - I am loosing almost all battles, amazing - suddenly all players becomes snipers and master, or maybe I just disturb. What is funny some battles with few tanks destroyed by me and also lost. Conclusion is following - WG wants us to play quickly, die quickly and buy more premium ammo. Cheaters? No problem - just let people pay. I am checking some websites and as I see new version of autoaim wanga was released more less the same time when players became killers... What does WG do with this? Block some accounts? C'mon - don't be kidding. So... WG guys - think what you do... Make this game great again, because so sar you screw everything.

Element6_TheSprout #18 Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29043 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostApocalypseSquad, on 26 May 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

I am OK with 3-5-7. The problem with any suggestion that increases the number of top tier battles you play is that when you are bottom tier you are going to be pure cannon fodder.  At least with 7 equivalent tier enemy tanks on the roster you have plenty to aim at, and the tier above are fair game too.  OK, you may struggle more against the top tier, but there are only 3 of them ffs...  I think people obsess too much about being top tier.

Me too.

I just watched the Circonflexes video where he sings while playing his T9 HT on Paris. I do like to watch his videos, but sometimes I question his judgement a little when he does a video like that, and ask myself; Circon, have you thought about how many players actually play like you do in that video? Most players don't, a lot of the ones you see in battle are reluctant to push, camp in bushes, snipe in brawler tanks etc. so arguing that the +2 MM is broken because he can do what he did, when almost no player actually does it, seems a little whiny, and indicates that he thinks the game should be balanced around a player like himself, who is in a serious minority.

But oh well, such is WoT life.

Edited by Element6_TheSprout, 26 May 2018 - 05:13 PM.

Dramakid19 #19 Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9608 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 26 May 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Of course it's fair, it's the same for everyone. So that moots your point completely.

It's not my fault that you don't see the bigger picture. i never said it ain't fair to me. it simple ruins game exp on lower tiers. in 40+ battles today only 3-4 times top tier..you wanna say that is fair? tick off

KillingJoker #20 Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32125 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I dont know if its just me... 

but i never complain about the mm or being bottom tier... i just dont care honestly....

if for some reason i am playing a tank and i fear to be put into test by playing against better enemies, or higher tiers tanks, then what the hell am i doing in this game? 

World of tanks for me its all about the challenge, if i am bottom tier with a heavy tnak, i still play the role of a heavy tank, even by only supporting, or being a second line of fire

if i play a medium i play exacly the same even if bottom tier bnecause its a medium, its supposed to support,  flank etc etc, 

I honestly think people complain way too much about the mm...

How many times have you seen players being top tier... in the 3-5-7 mm in tanks that are completely overpowered, and still do miserably bad, being incredibly stupid and passive... was it the matchmaker fault as well? its not about the mm, its about the players mentality... lack of confidence, lack of knoledge and plans in how to perform in a game where your tank limitations are increased by the enemy strenght....

Everytime a game start i am only concern about one thing, how many arty players are in the game.... because if there is no arty players, i can control the pace i play, i can control the terrains i use, where to atack, where to defend... and honestly its the only thing i really hate in this game... other than that, is just fine, people complain too much imo

Edited by KillingJoker, 26 May 2018 - 06:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users