Jump to content


A thread that is not about videos


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Bulldog_Drummond #1 Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 30405 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

I see that the mods have - in my view quite correctly - moved to the videos folder a number of threads that linked the opinions of Aged Jedi, QB and others on matters of recent to concern to them.  Obviously no one ever visits or reads the videos folder, so this has been helpful in keeping the Gameplay folder clear for those topics of greater interest than those that have been transmogrified.

 

The province of philosophy is not so much to prevent calamities befalling as to demonstrate that they are blessings when they have taken place.



Karasu_Hidesuke #2 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:09 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16175 battles
  • 4,018
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
What's a 'videos folder'? :confused:

Coopsjc21 #3 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8826 battles
  • 729
  • Member since:
    07-14-2015

View PostBrowarszky, on 26 May 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

What's a 'videos folder'? :confused:

Sounds like a place that mods move threads to that noone gives a toss about.



Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 30405 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostCoopsjc21, on 26 May 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Sounds like a place that mods move threads to that noone gives a toss about.

 

You might think that but I could not possibly comment.

Karasu_Hidesuke #5 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16175 battles
  • 4,018
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostCoopsjc21, on 26 May 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Sounds like a place that mods move threads to that noone gives a toss about.

 

Thanks, something then that some people want to have there even though nobody ever uses it, a bit like the trouser press in hotel rooms, I guess.

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:28 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 30405 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostBrowarszky, on 26 May 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

 

Thanks, something then that some people want to have there even though nobody ever uses it, a bit like the trouser press in hotel rooms, I guess.

 

There was a very old Twilight Zone episode about a space crew who land on a planet that is in fact a morgue.  The "inhabitants" look happy enough but are frozen in time in their chosen tableaux.  It does not end well for the space crew, who eventually join the rest of the planet's tableaux.  

 

I am not even sure why this random thought even occurred to me.  It would obviously be ridiculous to imagine that Gameplay post by Community Contributors and others raging about some aspect of WG policy might be swept up into a folder that gathers dust and mold simply in order to prevent people from noticing.  No, that cannot be the case.



Zhongze_Li #7 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8660 battles
  • 206
  • Member since:
    10-29-2015
Bulldog you forgot to add some "gameplay discussion" into the topic. I fear the mods may close this thread as "not being constructive" :trollface:.

Bulldog_Drummond #8 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 30405 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostZhongze_Li, on 26 May 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Bulldog you forgot to add some "gameplay discussion" into the topic. I fear the mods may close this thread as "not being constructive" :trollface:.

 

For the benefit in particular of our friends in Czechoslovakia who may not all have the benefit of electricity, I would like to say a few words at this point about gameplay involving the KV 220.  Essentially you press W and keep the left button clicking away.  In a few minutes you will have left a trail of destruction and blocked 2000 damage.

 

I thank you.



Dorander #9 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18669 battles
  • 3,247
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012
Having not seen the videos, did they actually say something that we don't already know?

Karasu_Hidesuke #10 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:46 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16175 battles
  • 4,018
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 26 May 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

 

There was a very old Twilight Zone episode about a space crew who land on a planet that is in fact a morgue.  The "inhabitants" look happy enough but are frozen in time in their chosen tableaux.  It does not end well for the space crew, who eventually join the rest of the planet's tableaux.  

 

I am not even sure why this random thought even occurred to me.  It would obviously be ridiculous to imagine that Gameplay post by Community Contributors and others raging about some aspect of WG policy might be swept up into a folder that gathers dust and mold simply in order to prevent people from noticing.  No, that cannot be the case.

 

I feel certain that all your and others' valuable contributions will be studied by their 'top men'.

Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 30405 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostBrowarszky, on 26 May 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

 

I feel certain that all your and others' valuable contributions will be studied by their 'top men'.

 

You may be right.  I'm just making it up as I go along.

NickMustaine #12 Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:39 AM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 222 battles
  • 214
  • Member since:
    01-08-2018
Good morning guys,

I have to close this thread due to non-constructive content. 

Have a nice day! 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users