• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

RamRaid90 #1 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22415 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Broken again.

Been happening a week or so now. Works fine until you try tosend a message, then you get this for a while until you get bored and close the window.

Any fixes?

Edited by RamRaid90, 27 May 2018 - 08:32 AM.

Igor_BL #2 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41133 battles
  • [GX] GX

it is like that for more then two weeks...

i simply  cant believe we are having those  chat problems since september....

Jigabachi #3 Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
That's not the contact list, that's the chat system. And yes, that's annoying.

krismorgan #4 Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33089 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
They only care about your money.

fryster_12 #5 Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44132 battles
  • [U-L] U-L
Chat hasn't worked properly in ages, sending messages to players and they never get them, also when I am sent messages it just flashes yellow and when I open it there is either no message or only part of the message, you would think after all this time it would be finally fixed.

Edited by fryster_12, 27 May 2018 - 10:42 AM.

wsatnutter #6 Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:46 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25388 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
It  is a case of not giving a fig

Karasu_Hidesuke #7 Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16170 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

I've noticed this only in the past few days. As OP points out, it seems to be triggered by attempting to send a message, at least in my case when I try messaging a friend who is online.. After about 30 secs to 1 minute, it starts to work again. Mind you, for a couple of times me and my friend have noticed that the message tab starts blinking but no actual message gets through...

Yesterday something else happened, my friend was shown going offline for 30 seconds, much the same way as when you switch servers to join a platoon. Except he didn't switch servers. But this might be due to connection problems at his end, because he also lost connection for 1 minute or so after joining the platoon.

Unknown_Lifeform #8 Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27442 battles

I had that and just closed the chat window and contacts list and waited for a bit, after which it worked fine. Not sure if that qualifies as a "fix".

EDIT: Also in response to Browarszky we also experienced problems with my friends client crashing and being unable to join the platoon so that's likely to be related.

Edited by Unknown_Lifeform, 27 May 2018 - 11:11 AM.

Pansenmann #9 Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34542 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJigabachi, on 27 May 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

That's not the contact list, that's the chat system. And yes, that's annoying.

the chat system is in dire need of an overhaul.

at least add a real-time status info like: AFK / looking-for-toon / in-battle / etc.

since it already uses (a very small subset of) XMPP why not open it further and

allow clan chat via the "wot assistant" mobile app?

Karasu_Hidesuke #10 Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16170 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostUnknown_Lifeform, on 27 May 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

I had that and just closed the chat window and contacts list and waited for a bit, after which it worked fine. Not sure if that qualifies as a "fix".

EDIT: Also in response to Browarszky we also experienced problems with my friends client crashing and being unable to join the platoon so that's likely to be related.

Now that you mention it, he send me a text message then saying the client crashed. There is also another thread that maybe related:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/674488-exiting-platoon-causes-wot-to-crash/

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22415 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostUnknown_Lifeform, on 27 May 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Yes it sometimes works to just wait, however this soon shows up again (literally every time you try to send a message)

It isn't fixed by a client restart, nor by switching servers and it has nothing to do with mods.

Maybe/Maybe not related but I also occasionally get chat boxes appear flashing yellow which haven't had messages sent from them in months. This is sporadic and doesn't happen often but it's still there.

WasherDryer #12 Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 66775 battles
  • [RED_T] RED_T

It's been a regular occurrence for a year now. 1 year. 

Waste of energy to complain.

Will some shill please tell players to stop whining?

Any maybe demand evidence and call the OP a liar?

Jigabachi #13 Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWasherDryer, on 27 May 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

He isn't whining, he is reporting a well known problem in a kinda mannered and elaborate way.

Block Quote

He doesn't make any wild claims and he already showed the evidence - which wouldn't even be necessary in this case, as it's a well known problem reported by a lot of people.

Good job with digging that hole deeper.

Edited by Jigabachi, 27 May 2018 - 04:35 PM.

WasherDryer #14 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 66775 battles
  • [RED_T] RED_T

View PostJigabachi, on 27 May 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

He isn't whining, he is reporting a well known problem in a kinda mannered and elaborate way.

He doesn't make any wild claims and he already showed the evidence - which wouldn't even be necessary in this case, as it's a well known problem reported by a lot of people.

Good job with digging that hole deeper.

Yes of course it's not whining it's reporting a game experience.

Don't you want evidence accumulated of 1000s of games?

The "well known problem" has been "reported by a lot of people" for over a year now.

Wargaming support respond to issue tickets by directing players to this forum and to information-free, no-answer, oblivious, perma-resident shills here on this forum.

Good job you.

Meanwhile a year on there is no information, no acknowledgement, no communication from the game company.

And clearly you have no issue with that.

Real good job.

Long_Range_Sniper #15 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 33446 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWasherDryer, on 27 May 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Yes of course it's not whining it's reporting a game experience.

Don't you want evidence accumulated of 1000s of games?

The "well known problem" has been "reported by a lot of people" for over a year now.

Wargaming support respond to issue tickets by directing players to this forum and to information-free, no-answer, oblivious, perma-resident shills here on this forum.

Good job you.

Meanwhile a year on there is no information, no acknowledgement, no communication from the game company.

And clearly you have no issue with that.

Real good job.

I believe WG fixed it for all Dingers as a priority. Just apply and you'll get sorted.

View PostRamRaid90, on 27 May 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

Broken again.

Been happening a week or so now. Works fine until you try tosend a message, then you get this for a while until you get bored and close the window.

Any fixes?

My experience RR was that if you waited, it did come up and did work. It sometimes took 30 secs for it to sort itself out, and I think they do use separate servers for chat so I'm guessing you could be connected to the game OK, but not to chat.

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 27 May 2018 - 06:11 PM.

WasherDryer #16 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 66775 battles
  • [RED_T] RED_T

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 27 May 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

I believe WG fixed it for all Dingers as a priority. Just apply and you'll get sorted.

My experience RR was that if you waited, it did come up and did work. It sometimes took 30 secs for it to sort itself out, and I think they do use separate servers for chat so I'm guessing you could be connected to the game OK, but not to chat.

The last I heard of your former clan was some of their officers in a platoon featured in a Claus Kellerman "Biggest A**holes" Youtube episode. Not sure if they won the popular vote but they did another good job representing the clan with good co-operative WOT skills in bullying, isolating, trolling, team-shooting and completely ruining a game for an unfortunate solo player.

That's the T-D-U clan way I guess.

Long_Range_Sniper #17 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

General

• Player
  • 33446 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWasherDryer, on 27 May 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

The last I heard of your former clan was some of their officers in a platoon featured in a Claus Kellerman "Biggest A**holes" Youtube episode. Not sure if they won the popular vote but they did another good job representing the clan with good co-operative WOT skills in bullying, isolating, trolling, team-shooting and completely ruining a game for an unfortunate solo player.

T-D-U 4 eva !!! But never seen that one I'm afraid. What were they doing?

Playing all their games at tier 3 with seven skill crews and trolling new players in the ultimate exhibition of seal clubbing that is so embarrassing you'd find an alt account to post on the forum just to avoid it being spotted?

Not one of those a-holes were they?

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 27 May 2018 - 06:27 PM.

WasherDryer #18 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 66775 battles
  • [RED_T] RED_T

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 27 May 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

T-D-U 4 eva !!! But never seen that one I'm afraid. What were they doing?

Playing all their games at tier 3 with seven skill crews and trolling new players in the ultimate exhibition of seal clubbing that is so embarrassing you'd find an alt account to post on the forum just to avoid it being spotted?

Not one of those a-holes were they?

T-D-U / -MM clan sealclubbers taking breaks from full platoons gold-spamming lower tier grinders with 7-skill crews hilariously being affronted by imagining others doing the same....

You want a link? Need help?

Or is it that you just not bring yourself to criticise Wargamings communication and bug-acknowledgement policy? Of course you can't.

Meanwhile your favourite clans' officer players' skills and ideology is there to be witnessed by anyone else with the wit to look.

And you cheer them on. Gj. 

Long_Range_Sniper #19 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 33446 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWasherDryer, on 27 May 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Or is it that you just not bring yourself to criticise Wargamings communication and bug-acknowledgement policy? Of course you can't.

Meanwhile your favourite clans' officer players' skills and ideology is there to be witnessed by anyone else with the wit to look.

Full of hot air and in a spin again?

Here's a fast spin back in time.

http://forum.worldof...4#entry14919264

Spoiler

http://forum.worldof...8#entry14919388

Spoiler

Would you look at this. I was complaining about this back in October 2017 if only you had the wit to look? I forgot they got a few likes as well.

Best move to your cool down cycle now.

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 27 May 2018 - 06:56 PM.

RamRaid90 #20 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22415 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostWasherDryer, on 27 May 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Proper T-D-U video from Claus, you're welcome. 1:53  if you don't want to watch the long intro ;)

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 27 May 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

My experience too mate. However this only works until the next time you try to send a message (for me anyway)

View PostWasherDryer, on 27 May 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

It's been a regular occurrence for a year now. 1 year. 

Waste of energy to complain.

I class myself as one of those resident forum "shills" ;)

Edited by RamRaid90, 27 May 2018 - 07:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users