• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Marathonman_26 #1 Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8852 battles
  • [DENK] DENK

OK so I have a chat problem.

I've had the problem for at least a year so with all the updates, new version, un-installing and re-installing, having a new hard drive and having a vanilla install I still have this chat problem.  Please don't tell me its my PC  because its a custom built gaming PC with high spec graphics card, 2 x SSD's and Intel i7 processor with craploads of memory, a Republic of Gamers ASUS Maximus VI formula motherboard and the processor is water cooled and it has a zero rpm gold spec PSU in it.  Operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

The chat message is attached which I get which stops me sending anything to anyone, only solution is to close the game down and start it up again.  This usually happens after I've been in a battle but can happen anytime as well, I reported it to WG but I've had the usual its not our problem its yours response which I has half expecting to get judging from their past record of player and customer support.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this error as my clan leader sometimes thinks I'm being ignorant when I don't reply to messages in clan chat, wasn't a problem when I wasn't in a clan but this friggin error is now causing me problems I don't need.

Attached Files

• Attached File   chat_error.jpg   37.11K

ThebaldEagle #2 Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 755 battles
 most clans use TS or something like that. And by such dont have that problem

Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 28071 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMarathonman_26, on 27 May 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

I've had the problem for at least a year so with all the updates, new version, un-installing and re-installing, having a new hard drive and having a vanilla install I still have this chat problem.  Please don't tell me its my PC  because its a custom built gaming PC with high spec graphics card, 2 x SSD's and Intel i7 processor with craploads of memory, a Republic of Gamers ASUS Maximus VI formula motherboard and the processor is water cooled and it has a zero rpm gold spec PSU in it.  Operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

The chat message is attached which I get which stops me sending anything to anyone, only solution is to close the game down and start it up again.  This usually happens after I've been in a battle but can happen anytime as well, I reported it to WG but I've had the usual its not our problem its yours response which I has half expecting to get judging from their past record of player and customer support.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this error as my clan leader sometimes thinks I'm being ignorant when I don't reply to messages in clan chat, wasn't a problem when I wasn't in a clan but this friggin error is now causing me problems I don't need.

I think this is a known bug going back years.  Only solution currently is to exit and reenter game

Tankyouverymuch2 #4 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28655 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostMarathonman_26, on 27 May 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Hmm, I've never seen that bug... It's definitely not your PC's fault so don't worry about that. Looks like a server-side issue of some sort.

Have you ever been chatbanned? Might be some sort of error in the message sending process, leftover from a past chatban that might not have been lifted properly, i.e. a string of code might be leftover, attached to your account.

I dunno what else it could be... If restarting the game, i.e. logging out and back in fixes it, it really does sound like a server-side issue, so it IS WG's problem, don't let them tell you otherwise...

Also tagged with chat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users