About the rental tanks in Frontlines

Frontlines Rental tanks T32 Fl T-44 FL

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: About the rental tanks in Frontlines (9 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you have wanted a special matchmaking/algorythm for the rental tanks?

1. Yes (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (3 votes [33.33%])

3. Maybe/not sure (3 votes [33.33%])

Vote Hide poll

War_Dwarf #1 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8928 battles
  • [TTPB] TTPB

First and foremost: I understand that Wargaming wants to kkep the players playing, and that includes new players obviously. Also I am not saying that I'm a top notch player!

But i really think that the way the brought in the rental tanks for frontlines wasn't the best.

Let me ellaborate: Have you ever had these random battles (of course you had) where 90% of your team seem to be too stupid to know the difference between their a*s and their elbow?

Now, imagine the exact same thing, only in a 30 vs 30 player gamemode and your team is full of players with a few hundred to a few thousand games that sit in a bush directly in front of their spawn and try to snipe in their T32s and T-44s - as the attacking team. These matches normally end in an utter roflstomp. Needless to say that results in completely frustrating and aggrovating matches which really ruins this otherwise great gamemode for me.

Why didn't Wargaming put in a special matchmaking for the rental tanks/ players with fewer battles to their names? Let an algorythm check for the numbers of battles played, or what the highest tier vehicle is that they researched, and get a rough estimate of their knowledge of tier 8 vehicles and basic game mechanics and limit the number of new players per match or make the number 50/50. Yes that would make for a bit longer matchmaking, but seriously, would you rather want 10 seconds longer mm or games where you cant rely on 20 of your teammates? I think that would have made it more enjoyable for both sides; new players face of against new players, and the more experienced also have the rough number of older players to face off against.

tl;dr why was there no special matchmaking for new players that only have the rental tanks?

wremise #2 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47059 battles
  • [P4NTA] P4NTA
Do you want to implanate the same algorythm for anyone who wants to buy a tier VIII prem tank?

Tinbawx #3 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14747 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

I don´t think it´s that much of an issue. If you boil it down it´s assault mode, just bigger and I don´t really see a difference in the behaviour of the attacking teams.

What they could consider though is changing the rental T32 for an IS-3, just to ensure people have access to a decent attacker. Then they could swap the T-44 for a Pershing or a Centurion if they want to avoid having 2 soviet rentals.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26793 battles

View PostWar_Dwarf, on 27 May 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

tl;dr why was there no special matchmaking for new players that only have the rental tanks?

Firstly, because skill-based MM is a terrible idea and secondly, do you seriously think that collecting all the players with no clue together into one game is somehow going to result in as less of a clusterfuck?

Tr0gledyte #5 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles
Skill- or experience based MM is too difficult for WG to implement. Figuring that out probably costs as much time as creating the entire Frontlines game mode.

Pansenmann #6 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33412 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

while I don't like the idea of giving fresh accounts the ability to join in Frontline mode,

but it enables WG to collect a significant amount of data from a broader audience. :)

ThebaldEagle #7 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 755 battles
I wounder how the ops 50% would look like if he meets yeams filled with 55-60% players my guess is that he soon will be a 47% and the he wil make a topic like " why we have to meet only 55% players its so unfair

War_Dwarf #8 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8928 battles
  • [TTPB] TTPB

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 May 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

Firstly, because skill-based MM is a terrible idea and secondly, do you seriously think that collecting all the players with no clue together into one game is somehow going to result in as less of a clusterfuck?

That is not at all what I said. I dind't say collect all of them into one game, I said 50/50. 15 players that already have some regular tier 8s and 15 new players (or 20/10 or whatever nuber fits the playing server population). And yes, I do think that that would create a more balanced and fun experience for both sides. Also, I think that skill is somewhat different from experience. For example you can still be a "red" player with your 5 tier 10 tank, but you would probably not drive you T-44 sideways infront of multiple enemies to try catching another enemy that went around that corner and just sit there and wait for them to shoot you, just as an extreme example.

View Postwremise, on 27 May 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Do you want to implanate the same algorythm for anyone who wants to buy a tier VIII prem tank?

While that is be an interesting concept, there is no way WG would do that...

War_Dwarf #9 Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8928 battles
  • [TTPB] TTPB

View PostThebaldEagle, on 27 May 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

I wounder how the ops 50% would look like if he meets yeams filled with 55-60% players my guess is that he soon will be a 47% and the he wil make a topic like " why we have to meet only 55% players its so unfair

I think you got the wrong idea about my post?! Noone was talking about winrates or anything like that. It was only about number of battles played and researched vehicles. 50% (even though I never used percentage together with a 50 in this post, so I have no idea where you got 50% and winrate from) accomodates to the number of experienced/unexperienced players per team.

Also I have no idea why have to be toxic and personally insult me in an otherwise purely constructive forum entry...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users