Will WG cuck regarding their proposed changes(obj277, prem rebalance...)?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

zero_fox_given #1 Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3154 battles

Im playing this game for "couple" of years but what is happening new i have not seen before.

I just finished watching about 5th rant video across WG CC spectrum mainly about the proposed premium rebalance changes but also new obj277 balance in like 3 days.

Im pretty sure WG is in the deep *hitt recently and they brought it on themselves by their greediness.

Im not conspiracy theorist but when you look at the things as bigger picture, it is greed which is causing the most obvious painpoints in the game for players:

• pay2win - prem account, prem consumables, prem ammo and some of the prem tanks. they wont magically transform noob into pro player but you pen more, turn tanks faster, get more credits to drain in the battles, your tanks are just that slight bit better than non-paying players which in the end makes you win slightly more.
  • +-2 MM - one aspect is to provide the noobs with opportunity to shine in battle but also create situations in game where it is soooo tempting to fire prem ammo on tanks 2 tiers higher and the spend some money ...
  • 3-5-7 - why do you think it is prefered template? then 15 and then 5-10? because more time someone is in the -2MM, the more often he is tempted to spam prem just to survive
  • arty still in the game in form which just pisses people off - well, lot of people just choose the easy way of hiding like their moms did and shoot from the safety of the base (yes, i play arty on this account for missions but would not thing more than a second if i was asked whether i want it removed)
  • new OP tanks (also premiums) to obsolete older tanks - there is no sane person who would think it would take more than couple of weeks to get Obj268 4 numbers and balance it, but they did not do it for purpose
  • and many
  • many
  • other
  • things

Now why im mentioning this?

i already got used to it but i think this is the crossroads for WG to decide how to approach their business in the short future.

When your CCs turn on you and start to criticize openly and many long term paying customers start to rant it is good indication they fukt up

question is, what do you think will they do?

I see opportunity to move from pay2win to more like pay4visuals format, where you pay for the visual upgrades(like the KV2 or BDR skins...). If they did that, in my conspiracy theory they would not need to play the crap i mentioned before and rebalance the game (not 2MM or OP tanks) and you could buy your skin for favorite tank which might have some bonuses like its in WoWs for example, like credit boost, exp boost, free exp boost, some really cool visuals....

maybe they will sweep it under carpet again...but i still believe. when they fucked up really badly (like the Fochgate or Rubicon) they came and explained so you never know....

Edited by zero_fox_given, 27 May 2018 - 03:00 PM.

Murro_the_One #2 Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33242 battles

im pretty sure they know they screwed up badly.

as I know them, they will try to play dead bug, like always

Yakito #3 Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18305 battles

They are clearly blaming their issues on completely unrelated things.

Like the crappy MM on the preferential MM of tanks.

Do not be fooled. They so far in their delusions that you will see no changes.

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10116 battles

They are milking the cash cow dry. Accept it or move on. 

And no, I don't like it either.

Steel_Patriot #5 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42127 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG
As a former Cash cow due to recent and not so recent crap from WG i decided to have my Udders amputated .Good luck trying to milk me now .

TiMeK1ll3r #6 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21911 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

There is always one thing to remember when you are playing a game, which is the point of view.

To you World of Tanks is a game, to Wargaming it's a business, and a business is supposed to create an income for it's employees and leaders.

Truthfully i too agree that they are trying to milk everyone wallet as much as they can, but that's just business, it's not a personal thing, take as an example EA or other famous brands, with all their DLC and premium stuffs, it's a common way to keep the game alive for as long as possible.

They are so focused on making moneys that they forgot about everything else, they are so self centered that they try to toss their responsabilities on unrelevant things like, as you said, preferential mm tanks and suchs, when there isn't even a real issue to begin with.

I don't know about your queue time but they say it takes soooooo long to get in a match and then you end up with high tiers because pref MM tanks are making the work hard for it, what a bunch of nonsense.

The average waiting time for me, playing every tier is no more than 15 seconds at most, but usually the second i press Battle it's like an instant start without queue.

Tell me how hard is it for the MM to wait for 5 seconds more to queue you with same tier opponents instead.

Totally agreeing on you saying that they are milking the players dry, but it's just pure business...even if they could do it better and less oblivious to everyone

Pvt_Duffer #7 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16541 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You do not know the meaning of the word cuck.,

_b_ #8 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54101 battles

Being a typical 'spoiled western capitalist pig' I've yet to feel very much appreciated as a customer by WG.  Pretty sure I'll feel even less so after this facepalm of a failure!

Fortunately for them there are no real competitors around, and since I love tanks ... IF they manage to not utterly duck this up I MIGHT forgive them and not stop spending money ... but to be honest ... I think this is the final nail in the coffin.. for me to spend money on the game that is. I think the game will last for more years to come ...but me spending the usual 'whateveritisIvespend' ...nah!

WG-EU are about THE WER¤&"¤/#¤(USRTUJW¤%/"¤UJSETRHJW¤%/(WJSDFU¤ WERH& #"%//UGASR/ N "!%uy23tr9yasgkb#¤T&¤& company I've ever come across as a customer. The amount of fail is quite incredible..even for a former CCCP pos company thinking we'll just accept any kind of "Russian refund" :facepalm:

_b_ #9 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54101 battles

Oh yeah and like Murro said, they'll approach this in the usual fashion by pretending to play a dead dog.

"russaah bleh, stay still and zhe capitalist pigs will go away...feet up!"

HeidenSieker #10 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 27 May 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

Neither do I.

Aikl #11 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25142 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I bet they'll do as little as possible, or decide to focus on one issue. They've done that in the past. The rest might receive token changes. Usually enough to keep the familiars defending Wargaming beyond common reason. Well, that's what they're counting on, anyway.

View Post_b_, on 27 May 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Being a typical 'spoiled western capitalist pig' I've yet to feel very much appreciated as a customer by WG.  Pretty sure I'll feel even less so after this facepalm of a failure!

Fortunately for them there are no real competitors around, and since I love tanks ... IF they manage to not utterly duck this up I MIGHT forgive them and not stop spending money ... but to be honest ... I think this is the final nail in the coffin.. for me to spend money on the game that is. I think the game will last for more years to come ...but me spending the usual 'whateveritisIvespend' ...nah!

WG-EU are about THE WER¤&"¤/#¤(USRTUJW¤%/"¤UJSETRHJW¤%/(WJSDFU¤ WERH& #"%//UGASR/ N "!%uy23tr9yasgkb#¤T&¤& company I've ever come across as a customer. The amount of fail is quite incredible..even for a former CCCP pos company thinking we'll just accept any kind of "Russian refund" :facepalm:

+1

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 27 May 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Nor what word class it is.

Edited by Aikl, 27 May 2018 - 08:57 PM.

8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 61823 battles

View Postzero_fox_given, on 27 May 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

I see opportunity to move from pay2win to more like pay4visuals format

They see opportunity to do both. :P

Pvt_Duffer #13 Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16541 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 27 May 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Neither do I.

Don't look it up on a work computer.

zero_fox_given #14 Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3154 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 27 May 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

i do. in this case, however, it was used in very broader meaning...

Balc0ra #15 Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63325 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

277? Besides the gold pen that I get is considered OP since it's APCR combined with 350mm, and not 330 or lower. As most high pen shells on that tier is HEAT that don't have a shell speed of 1800m/s. The rest of the tank is far from OP. As it's easy to pen head on in the open. And like most tanks on that tier, it's strong hull down. Even Circon thinks it's fine and won't bump down the WZ from the throne. And the IS-7 has been useless for years. So not like that's gonna change much, as some has complained about that. 

View Post_b_, on 27 May 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

The thing is that some will spend regardless of what WG do. It's like the borken premiums. More bought it then ppl that complained about it. And when ppl spend money on something in spades. It just shows it's working from a business aspect. It's why EA do what EA do, and have done for years. As SW BF II was a perfect example off that at some point, enough is enough and it failed badly. But... next game it's all forgiven again if done right. Just like WG and the next premium tank, or the next OP line most will free XP to. 

View PostTiMeK1ll3r, on 27 May 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

There is always one thing to remember when you are playing a game, which is the point of view.

To you World of Tanks is a game, to Wargaming it's a business, and a business is supposed to create an income for it's employees and leaders.

There are more €60 games that milk harder then WG. And it's far from the worst f2p game out there. And oddly enough, most of the ppl that complain have never spent a cent. OP even argued that gold ammo and premium tanks won't make anyone good. Nor will the Defender for a guy with zero games that has no idea about game mechanics. Vs other games that used payed content to even get around that. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 27 May 2018 - 09:20 PM.

speedphlux #16 Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42013 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

Maybe WG are trying to "cash in" on WoT and shut it down within the next year or two ? Because I do not see how can a game developer that made and loved his own game, can be such a tool towards his own player base, let alone paying customers. Need moar bundles ! Need moar OP Premium tanks ! Need moar made-up Tier 10s ! Need moar Bonds to buy OP Equipment (plx, gib option to buy Bonz with real moneyz) !

2020 WoT shuts down - you've learned it here first. Maybe there will be WoT 2.0 from then on, but the damage has already been done and it's prolly just going to be some stupid game for console peasants, littered with micro-transactions.

fwhaatpiraat #17 Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44574 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postspeedphlux, on 27 May 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

Maybe WG are trying to "cash in" on WoT and shut it down within the next year or two ? Because I do not see how can a game developer that made and loved his own game, can be such a tool towards his own player base, let alone paying customers. Need moar bundles ! Need moar OP Premium tanks ! Need moar made-up Tier 10s ! Need moar Bonds to buy OP Equipment (plx, gib option to buy Bonz with real moneyz) !

2020 WoT shuts down - you've learned it here first. Maybe there will be WoT 2.0 from then on, but the damage has already been done and it's prolly just going to be some stupid game for console peasants, littered with micro-transactions.

The recent and upcoming changes indeed seem not to be there for the longevity of the game :(

HeidenSieker #18 Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 27 May 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

Don't look it up on a work computer.

Why? All I can find is that it's got the same meaning as "cuckold", which isn't exactly new, having been in existence for seven or eight hundred years, possibly for longer, or "shorthand for any perceived weakness, or rather, perceived reluctance to exploit strength". It seems people are insular in ther expression of the argot, or all Humpty Dumpties. So, what d'you reckon it means (an URL would be OK)?

Edited by HeidenSieker, 27 May 2018 - 10:38 PM.

Pvt_Duffer #19 Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16541 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 27 May 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

"shorthand for any perceived weakness, or rather, perceived reluctance to exploit strength"....(an URL would be OK)?

No.

&

No.

Stop being obtuse.

German_Dunc #20 Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35863 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 27 May 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

The recent and upcoming changes indeed seem not to be there for the longevity of the game :(

The changes seem to be more about trying to pour more and more water into the bucket, whilst ignoring the huge hole in the bottom of the bucket letting more water out...

Murazor borked the game with the heavy armour crap. But because WG never, ever, does u-turns, we're now stuck with gold spam, 268 4s, annoying arty, and all the other rubbish that's evolved from them trying to balance the unbalanced heavies.

Mix that in with a playerbase which seems to be either very new or very old, and you've got a recipe for numbers and revenue collapsing - new players aren't hanging around because past tier V the game balance is so warped, and veteran players are slowly leaving because frustration and boredom.

The game is in chronic need of new maps, improved game modes, and an injection of fresh ideas, especially on team play. WG can't bring themselves to do anything except churn out more premium skins and just tinker round the edges. 1.0 saw a lot of players come back, only to leave again once they realised it's just the same crap in a slightly shinier wrapper.

Edited by German_Dunc, 27 May 2018 - 10:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users