What about Money back and Buffing Prem tanks...

Money WG Wargaming Refund Trade-in More Kurwa Pref Tank Beer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

_CrownVictoria_ #1 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24291 battles
  • [REBLS] REBLS

Personally, I really do not really mind 'buffing' Pref tanks. All T8 Pref tanks are sh*tty and no decent player would like playing in it. Unlike the non-pref tanks, they perform much better. 

As the owner of a T-34-3 I can only say yes to buffing. Driving a T-34-3 gives the same feeling as driving a IS against T8's and 9's. The gun is so bad that aiming isn't even worth your time.

In contrast to my non-pref tanks that do just good or perform okay-ish. 
I really do not understand were people are concerned about. Yes you are gonna fight T10's, so what?! Your pref tank is a shitty T7 that comes almost every match against T9. 

Alright Alright. so far, so good right? Well the following makes me angry as well and makes me understand the people. 
Why does Wargaming not FULL Refund? Well actually I know the reason, because they will lose money. They like to get money from us but giving something back is (almost) impossible. 

The most funny thing is actually that this is their own fault once again. They should have stopped selling those tanks for years (What they actually promised, but hey, it's WG expected something else? No) 
The only solution they have is the Trade In, which isn't that bad. Until you realize that you have to pay 2000 gold. What the actual duck is wrong with this company, honestly. 

Greetings Commanders 

Gvozdika #2 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38155 battles

Well this is just the point - aside from the original pref MM article we've pretty much heard nothing official. The news post itself that talked about gold surcharges was poorly written and probably not the paragon of accuracy. 

The silence from WG EU is deafening as usual (probably not wanting to shoot themselves in the foot until they get more concrete instructions from Za Rodina.) So until more information comes out about the refund policy particulars all we can do is speculate as to how fair it is or isn't. 

Edited by Gvozdika, 27 May 2018 - 06:19 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7484 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Because apparently, people want to avoid facing tier 10 tanks for whatever reason.

And maybe, after those tanks are buffed, they might actually stand the same chance against a tier 9/10 tank like every other regular MM tier 8 tank.

Also, the trade-in is up to 2000 gold. Or in other words; the likely difference in value between the tank you're trading in and the tank you're going to get.

Nothing weird about that if you'd ask me.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64443 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

When the issue with the T26E4 nerf caused WG to give refunds "for the first time ever". Gold was the only thing ppl wanted oddly enough. As most wanted to buy a new premium with it. Not spend it on Burger King later that day. But that was then. 

Tho with the reaction over the last few days, and how the KV-5 nerf will work. I suspect they will notice a few errors and offer different solutions. As I suspect they have already forgotten what happened during the T26E4 nerf. 

View Post_CrownVictoria_, on 27 May 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

As the owner of a T-34-3 I can only say yes to buffing. Driving a T-34-3 gives the same feeling as driving a IS against T8's and 9's. The gun is so bad that aiming isn't even worth your time.

In contrast to my non-pref tanks that do just good or perform okay-ish. 
I really do not understand were people are concerned about. Yes you are gonna fight T10's, so what?! Your pref tank is a shitty T7 that comes almost every match against T9. 

I'm kinda in the same boat. I don't play my IS-6 much anymore to name one due to the gun. It still works vs most tier 9 targets even ofc. Like the T-10 etc. But some of the new armor like the Jap HT's or the recent Premium HT's? Forget it. So if I can get good pen and face +2 "all 3 of them even". Or have 175 pen or even 200 pen facing the recent HT armor of late in mostly +0 games I can't pen even with 217 gold. I'll pick +2 all day. But some don't like it. And I understand that ofc. But.. the aspect of refund could ofc be improved. But even if they had to pay actual money back to KV-5 owners… They could just sell a new OP premium the next week and cover their losses I suspect. As it don't cost much to duplicate virtual items, vs producing the one ofc. 

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51268 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostBalc0ra, on 27 May 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

When the issue with the T26E4 nerf caused WG to give refunds "for the first time ever". Gold was the only thing ppl wanted oddly enough. As most wanted to buy a new premium with it. Not spend it on Burger King later that day. But that was then. 

Tho with the reaction over the last few days, and how the KV-5 nerf will work. I suspect they will notice a few errors and offer different solutions. As I suspect they have already forgotten what happened during the T26E4 nerf. 

I'm kinda in the same boat. I don't play my IS-6 much anymore to name one due to the gun. It still works vs most tier 9 targets even ofc. Like the T-10 etc. But some of the new armor like the Jap HT's or the recent Premium HT's? Forget it. So if I can get good pen and face +2 "all 3 of them even". Or have 175 pen or even 200 pen facing the recent HT armor of late in mostly +0 games I can't pen even with 217 gold. I'll pick +2 all day. But some don't like it. And I understand that ofc. But.. the aspect of refund could ofc be improved. But even if they had to pay actual money back to KV-5 owners… They could just sell a new OP premium the next week and cover their losses I suspect. As it don't cost much to duplicate virtual items, vs producing the one ofc. 

(1) I bought pref MM, the pixels surrounding it happened to look like a KV-5.

(2) If WG are taking away my pref MM, then I want my cold hard cash back.

_b_ #6 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54993 battles

If they go ahead with it, try this link..I know I'll most likely do :)

https://ec.europa.eu...main.home2.show

Tr0gledyte #7 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles

What a lot of people forget is that these tanks are the price of 1-3 or even more full video games. Especially the bundled ones. If the KV-5 had only cost $5 people might be grumpy but there wouldn't be much of an outrage. WG doesn't respect they're messing with content people paid serious amounts of money for, especially those with multiple PMM tanks.

Some people outside the WoT community also don't understand the outrage. Well, this is why, because in our game we have hundreds of DLC and they're all the price of full video games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users