Jump to content


Hilarious player


  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Stereoscope #1 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80128 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

Paris map, first battle with my stock IS-M.  All tier 8 battle.

I had a bad game, about 700+ damage done, The battle was lost.

From a few minutes in the battle, one player in a AMX 65 t (I don't like this tank), started talking trash about my play and two other players.

I told him to relax.

Till the end of battle (another 3 min? perhaps) he kept accusing me for the team losing the battle, for world hunger etc ;p    I kept replying with relax pro or something like that.

Nothing else.

He continued till the last second when he told me to go and kill myself.  Because you know, it's a normal reaction to a bad play.

The battle ends, I check the end results screens as always.  I was in about the middle (damage dealt and prestige).  I checked to see, was he first, second or what.  He was last.  Dead last.  With zero damage done to the enemy and 1/2 of my small prestige gain.

I couldn't stop laughing.

I obviously as it is accustomed sent him a few messages about the whole affair, with the usual words of "praise".

 

I just found the whole thing hilarious.  I mean, I kind of understand if you play really well and someone plays terrible and loses a battle or something, but this?  

I am not mentioning names for obvious reasons.

Still, hilarious.

What was going on in his mind, that I don't understand. 

EDIT: 1/2 not 1/3


Edited by trusteft, 27 May 2018 - 08:01 PM.


DracheimFlug #2 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014
To play devil"s advocate, he could have died quickly due to being overrun, and the rest of the team having died even more stupidly by either a failed lemming rush or a failed establishment of Lemminggrad (when the entire team goes to the same spot, then camps). Someone doing zero damage does does not necessarily equal them having used the worst strategy to win, merely the worst strategy to get xps in that match. There is actually a difference.

Stereoscope #3 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80128 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostDracheimFlug, on 27 May 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

To play devil"s advocate, he could have died quickly due to being overrun, and the rest of the team having died even more stupidly by either a failed lemming rush or a failed establishment of Lemminggrad (when the entire team goes to the same spot, then camps). Someone doing zero damage does does not necessarily equal them having used the worst strategy to win, merely the worst strategy to get xps in that match. There is actually a difference.

 

You have every right to your opinion, I just don't see the logic being very strong with your argument.  

Everything that gets you XP in the game is something that helps the team directly or indirectly to win.  Doing whatever you did to get a tiny amount and zero damage (in a heavy tank nevertheless) is not a sign of a good tactic, a good strategy to win, and a sign of a player doing great in a battle.  No matter what (I wasn't paying attention where he was or how he died), when you do zero damage and tiny xp, you have no right to attack other players for losing the battle.  That's just stupid.

 



unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18151 battles
  • 2,687
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View Posttrusteft, on 27 May 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Paris map, first battle with my stock IS-M.  All tier 8 battle.

 

 

 

Replay or it didnt happen. 



RamRaid90 #5 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21494 battles
  • 6,486
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 27 May 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

 

Replay or it didnt happen. 

 

:teethhappy:

Stereoscope #6 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80128 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 27 May 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

 

Replay or it didnt happen. 

 

Here, but I am warning you, it's a terrible game.

Oh wait, I can't upload files here.

Well, if you tell me a way I will send you the file.

It was indeed all tier 8.

lol

 



Red_Dragon_Firkraag #7 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15388 battles
  • 1,682
  • Member since:
    08-13-2011

View Posttrusteft, on 27 May 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

 

Here, but I am warning you, it's a terrible game.

Oh wait, I can't upload files here.

Well, if you tell me a way I will send you the file.

It was indeed all tier 8.

lol

 

 

http://wotreplays.eu/

Aimless #8 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:53 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 23448 battles
  • 2,578
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-19-2010
You played more than 76k battles and this is the first time you observed  a situation like that? From my own experience, it always turns out that the one who was loudly spamming the chat accusing his team mates is on the bottom in the results screen.

Stereoscope #9 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:54 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80128 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

ok, I guess you like to get punished.

http://wotreplays.eu...s-trusteft-is-m

 



Stereoscope #10 Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80128 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostAimless, on 27 May 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

You played more than 76k battles and this is the first time you observed  a situation like that? From my own experience, it always turns out that the one who was loudly spamming the chat accusing his team mates is on the bottom in the results screen.

 

Never before dead last.  And with zero damage in a heavy.  I don't remember anything like that, but perhaps I was lucky.  Either way, I am surprised I am still alive after all the wishes to die all these years.

Strappster #11 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24045 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Posttrusteft, on 27 May 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

Never before dead last.  And with zero damage in a heavy.  I don't remember anything like that, but perhaps I was lucky.

 

Lucky?! :amazed:

 

You should be buying lottery tickets with that sort of luck.



Stereoscope #12 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80128 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostStrappster, on 27 May 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

 

Lucky?! :amazed:

 

You should be buying lottery tickets with that sort of luck.

 

I do.  Nothing there so far.

Pvt_Duffer #13 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:29 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16658 battles
  • 3,145
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

65T is right.

 

 

You parked in a bush where you couldn't see any thing at all because you have crap view range.

 

It was blinding obvious you were being overrun in the south by at least 9 tanks, during which time you chose to camp in your bush and fail to spot anything at all.

 

Then *AFTER* they overwhelming overrun the south, you choose to advance across the field, leaving your cap circle undefended with 9 tanks heading towards it.

 

IS-M should not be going to the field in Paris, nor should it be trying to out-spot mediums, even if you didn't want to fight in the southern overrun flank, you should have advanced way before you did.  You did nothing, except die pointlessly.

 

The 65t did less than you because you left them alone to die against a lemming train (one that actually worked for them), you failed to see it, did nothing about it, then threw your tank away to score a pathetic 700 damage,

 

 

I Know I'm crap at this game, but for someone with 75K games dude you have no excuse.

The 65t was right.

 



Stereoscope #14 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80128 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 27 May 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

65T is right.

 

 

You parked in a bush where you couldn't see any thing at all because you have crap view range.

 

It was blinding obvious you were being overrun in the south by at least 9 tanks, during which time you chose to camp in your bush and fail to spot anything at all.

 

Then *AFTER* they overwhelming overrun the south, you choose to advance across the field, leaving your cap circle undefended with 9 tanks heading towards it.

 

IS-M should not be going to the field in Paris, nor should it be trying to out-spot mediums, even if you didn't want to fight in the southern overrun flank, you should have advanced way before you did.  You did nothing, except die pointlessly.

 

The 65t did less than you because you left them alone to die against a lemming train (one that actually worked for them), you failed to see it, did nothing about it, then threw your tank away to score a pathetic 700 damage,

 

 

I Know I'm crap at this game, but for someone with 75K games dude you have no excuse.

The 65t was right.

 

 

*sigh*

Yes I clearly was to blame for the loss.  If I had played better I am sure we would have won.

I am not going to reply every point because I don't want to waste my time.  Believe anything you want.

 



DracheimFlug #15 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View Posttrusteft, on 27 May 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

 

You have every right to your opinion, I just don't see the logic being very strong with your argument.  

Everything that gets you XP in the game is something that helps the team directly or indirectly to win.  Doing whatever you did to get a tiny amount and zero damage (in a heavy tank nevertheless) is not a sign of a good tactic, a good strategy to win, and a sign of a player doing great in a battle.  No matter what (I wasn't paying attention where he was or how he died), when you do zero damage and tiny xp, you have no right to attack other players for losing the battle.  That's just stupid.

 

 

I think you need to re-evaluate your definition of stupid. 

 

If you hide in the corner and successfully snipe a couple wounded tanks, killing them even though the rest of your team was actively trying to win but got killed off, in part because you and a couple other brilliant 'strategists' hid in that corner, depriving the team of your firepower when the team really needed it, that therefore you helped (directly or indirectly) win, even though it was in reality a massive loss?

 

Other than the multiplier for winning, xp calculations do not care whether your contribution (direct or indirect) contributes usefully towards a win or not. This is the inherent flaw in blind worship of WN8.

 

 



Stereoscope #16 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80128 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostDracheimFlug, on 27 May 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

 

I think you need to re-evaluate your definition of stupid. 

 

If you hide in the corner and successfully snipe a couple wounded tanks, killing them even though the rest of your team was actively trying to win but got killed off, in part because you and a couple other brilliant 'strategists' hid in that corner, depriving the team of your firepower when the team really needed it, that therefore you helped (directly or indirectly) win, even though it was in reality a massive loss?

 

Other than the multiplier for winning, xp calculations do not care whether your contribution (direct or indirect) contributes usefully towards a win or not. This is the inherent flaw in blind worship of WN8.

 

 

 

What this has to do with anything?

What you are saying about getting some score is true, but what is the excuse for getting zero score and bitching that others are to blame for your play?

That's a sign of a moron.

 



DracheimFlug #17 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

argh... stupid editor


Edited by DracheimFlug, 27 May 2018 - 08:42 PM.


Pvt_Duffer #18 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16658 battles
  • 3,145
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostDracheimFlug, on 27 May 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

If you hide in the corner and successfully snipe a couple wounded tanks, killing them even though the rest of your team was actively trying to win but got killed off, in

It's *way* worse than that.

 

View Posttrusteft, on 27 May 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

 

*sigh*

Yes I clearly was to blame for the loss.  If I had played better I am sure we would have won.

I am not going to reply every point because I don't want to waste my time.  Believe anything you want.

 

 

Read it again.

I never said you were responsible for the loss, In fact I pointed out the successful red lemming train overran your southern flank.

You on the other hand did everything wrong that you possibly could.

(TBC, you could have just sui-scouted along the D line with much the same results, at least then you might have acted with some purpose).


Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 27 May 2018 - 08:42 PM.


Stereoscope #19 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 80128 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 27 May 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

It's *way* worse than that.

 

 

Read it again.

I never said you were responsible for the loss, In fact I pointed out the successful red lemming train overran your southern flank.

You on the other hand did everything wrong that you possibly could.

 

Where I originally claimed I did my best and was a clear example of pro playing?

No crapI played badly.  I said it first.

What's your point?

Playing badly gives someone who plays worse to swear at you and blame you?

Is that what you are saying?

 



RamRaid90 #20 Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21494 battles
  • 6,486
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View Posttrusteft, on 27 May 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

 

Where I originally claimed I did my best and was a clear example of pro playing?

No crapI played badly.  I said it first.

What's your point?

Playing badly gives someone who plays worse to swear at you and blame you?

Is that what you are saying?

 

 

You didn't just "play badly"

 

you literally did everything wrong

 

Having a 52% win rate and playing like that  makes me wonder how much you paid for that account.

 

Thats bot level play, and to be honest, you need banning for it.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users