Jump to content


Has the Pz. T25 always been terrible?

Pz. T25 Im gay

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Renesco #1 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:15 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 21319 battles
  • 478
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

I had a 65% winrate in this thing after 100+ matches about 5 years ago but hadn't played it in years, but lately using it again for training my E50 crew and by jove, it's awful

 

Has it always sucked? I remember it as basically being a T49 (the old one) which is now the T67 but it seems absolutely terrible these days. So is there somewhere I can look up to see how each tank has been nerfed over the years because I'm gonna assume this thing has been nerfed hard in the last 5 or 6 years



Bulldog_Drummond #2 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:21 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29428 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostRenesco, on 28 May 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

I had a 65% winrate in this thing after 100+ matches about 5 years ago but hadn't played it in years, but lately using it again for training my E50 crew and by jove, it's awful

 

Has it always sucked? I remember it as basically being a T49 (the old one) which is now the T67 but it seems absolutely terrible these days. So is there somewhere I can look up to see how each tank has been nerfed over the years because I'm gonna assume this thing has been nerfed hard in the last 5 or 6 years

 

I don't think there's been a nerf, but I always did terribly badly in my T25 and hated it.  I haven't bothered to analyse why, but it doesn't work for me so I don't even use it as a trainer.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:22 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66286 battles
  • 16,286
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

I've always hated it since I got it 6 years ago. And it's never been nerfed or changed in the time I have owned it. It's fast and mobile sure, and the pen is not the worst. But gun handling is terrible even at close range IMO. And the reason I never played it much over the other German med trainers I had at the time back then. And it's just gotten worse with each meta that passes it. 

 

 



Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:23 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29428 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 May 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

I've always hated it since I got it 6 years ago. And it's never been nerfed or changed in the time I have owned it. It's fast and mobile sure, and the pen is not the worst. But gun handling is terrible even at close range IMO. And the reason I never played it much over the other German med trainers I had at the time back then. And it's just gotten worse with each meta that passes it. 

 

 

 

Do you ever have that strange feeling that we might have been twins separated at birth?

wremise #5 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48225 battles
  • 888
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011
The tank wasnt nerfed, but the enviroment has canced. The maps werent like they are now, and the enemys it has faced were "normal". Nowadays you have to fight AT's, Autoloaderes and other tanks who has by far better stats.

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:28 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29428 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postwremise, on 28 May 2018 - 12:26 AM, said:

The tank wasnt nerfed, but the enviroment has canced. The maps werent like they are now, and the enemys it has faced were "normal". Nowadays you have to fight AT's, Autoloaderes and other tanks who has by far better stats.

 

Even 5 years ago the T25 was pretty crap.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #7 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:28 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018
It used to have usable armor before gold ammo was available for credits. Even tier 4 will fire gold nowadays. Also, powercreep of tiers 6 and 7.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 28 May 2018 - 01:29 AM.


Bulldog_Drummond #8 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:30 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29428 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostTr0gledyte, on 28 May 2018 - 12:28 AM, said:

It used to have usable armor before gold ammo was available for credits. Even tier 4 will fire gold nowadays.

 

It's a bit of a stretch to call 50mm armour at tier 5 "usable"

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #9 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 28 May 2018 - 01:30 AM, said:

 

It's a bit of a stretch to call 50mm armour at tier 5 "usable"

 

It's pretty well sloped and the side armor is 45mm meaning it can basically sidescrape against everything it meets. If you angle it you can get around 70mm effective armor everywhere, not bad vs tier 4 (and it used to meet tier 3!). But it has been powercreeped like crazy. Also doesn't help that it turns like a turd.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 28 May 2018 - 01:43 AM.


Bulldog_Drummond #10 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:49 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29428 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostTr0gledyte, on 28 May 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

 

It's pretty well sloped and the side armor is 45mm meaning it can basically sidescrape against everything it meets. If you angle it you can get around 70mm effective armor everywhere, not bad vs tier 4 (and it used to meet tier 3!). But it has been powercreeped like crazy. Also doesn't help that it turns like a turd.

 

Ah, the good old days when tier 5 met tier 3....

 

While you can in theory make some use of the armour in practice I never could.  For a tier 5 medium, so much more fun to roll out a T-34.



IZMIR_METRO #11 Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:07 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 5532 battles
  • 81
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    12-18-2015
I still find T25 fun to play, at least much more enjoyable than any other tier 8 matchmaking

Balc0ra #12 Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:12 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66286 battles
  • 16,286
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 28 May 2018 - 01:23 AM, said:

 

Do you ever have that strange feeling that we might have been twins separated at birth?

 

Well... not really. Until you brought it up. 

Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:15 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29428 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 28 May 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

 

Well... not really. Until you brought it up. 

 

Embrace the Dark Side.

PervyPastryPuffer #14 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:20 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31021 battles
  • 1,877
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostRenesco, on 28 May 2018 - 01:15 AM, said:

I had a 65% winrate in this thing after 100+ matches about 5 years ago but hadn't played it in years, but lately using it again for training my E50 crew and by jove, it's awful

 

Has it always sucked? I remember it as basically being a T49 (the old one) which is now the T67 but it seems absolutely terrible these days. So is there somewhere I can look up to see how each tank has been nerfed over the years because I'm gonna assume this thing has been nerfed hard in the last 5 or 6 years

 

Nah, it wasn't nerfed, everything else was buffed... :sceptic: Cursed powercreep.

axell92108 #15 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3075 battles
  • 127
  • [DHMC] DHMC
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013
it used to be average, i presume it's pretty bad nowadays with all the T-34-85M's, Thunderbolts and the new idiotic italian medium with 240 alpha and strong armor.

Gremlin182 #16 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 48839 battles
  • 8,163
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Bought it played it did badly in it and hated it.

Its probably me



Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #17 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 15159 battles
  • 3,136
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

Ahhh... that tank that turns like a TOG. 

Apparently I managed to play 193 battles in it, with a win rate of 53.89%

 

But I remember it as being not fun to play and I haven't played it for quite some time.



Thrael7 #18 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23204 battles
  • 1,999
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

It was a very good premium tank 5.5 years ago when I bought it. I made a shitload of credits with it back in the day.

It always had a bad turret traverse and average dispersion on the move. I played it again 2 years ago and it felt OK.

 

Nowadays I prefer suffering in 40€ worth prems that struggle against 268v4s and Type5s...


Edited by Thrael7, 28 May 2018 - 01:44 PM.


Renesco #19 Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 21319 battles
  • 478
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostGremlin182, on 28 May 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

Bought it played it did badly in it and hated it.

Its probably me

 

It's not just you

Johnny665 #20 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17238 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

We know the feel, fam.

 

In the old meta, it used to do the job, but looking at it now, boy it's underwhelming.

The turning is abysmal, the turret moves like it clogged with sausage rolls. Plus the aim time is a joke.

Feels like a close-range brawler, if the target is tracked and you needn't turn the turret.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users