Trip to Czech Republic - Prague (place, tips, advice wanted please)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

mystikro #1 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30045 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hello, I was planing on writing this on the CZ forum, but I don't speak the language and google translate might not be the best option.

I'm looking to visit Prague. Can anybody recommend some places to see? I see you have a lot of parks there. What are the safe places to go, which places are in bad neighbourhoods, what is there interesting to see?

What's the best beer? What food should I try? What museum or galleries are worth visiting? I'm not interested in night clubs and the noisy stuff. I'm interested in learning stuff and more towards relaxing while there.

Anything worth mentioning? Like boat trips, guided tours, themed fairs, expo or markets?

I will accept replies in CZ as well, maybe some people have useful info but not so good english skills so I'll just translate it. Mods, please don't warn users replying in CZ, it's fine by me for the purpose of this thread. You can also write me in PM if you want.

Thanks

Edited by mystikro, 28 May 2018 - 10:15 AM.

mystikro #2 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30045 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
No local to give some advice?

OIias_of_Sunhillow #3 Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24387 battles
Tripadvisor.com is your friend.

mystikro #4 Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30045 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I know that, I wanted a more personal description, from people that live there, stuff that they're proud of, stuff that they'd like tourists to see, places to avoid, having grown up as kids there and so on.

Mko #5 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles

Basically all of it is safe during the day.

Very late at night I've heard that the park around the main train station is possibly unsafe, I'm not sure, I'm not much of a night life person.

Expos and stuff - depends on when you're in. Check out Vystaviste Holesovice or PVA Letnany, google for websites.

Check out the city centre, Mala Strana, and so on. I suggest taking a walk through there. Expect lots and lots of tourists.

For beer, there are a couple of beershops or whatever you'd call them. I can suggest basecamp in Holesovice, website is www.pifko.info I'm not sure how's their English. They have a nice selection of beers from Czech micro breweries.

Also in the supermarket you can get decent beer from the more mainstream brands. Bernard is one of my favorites for supermarket beer. You shouldn't drink in public.

For food, depends on what you want. I can recommend La vie for awesome steaks, and I can also recommend Curry palace for Indian (careful, can be spicy AF). Overall, there's a lot of good restaurants in the Holesovice and Letna areas, and they don't charge that much.

About museums and stuff, I don't know. I'm not a tourist in Prague, so.. well... I haven't been to any of these even though I've been here for 8 years. Not my kind of stuff, really. Might be worth checking out the National technical museum

I hope I helped.

mystikro #6 Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30045 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMko, on 15 June 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

Basically all of it is safe during the day.

Very late at night I've heard that the park around the main train station is possibly unsafe, I'm not sure, I'm not much of a night life person.

Expos and stuff - depends on when you're in. Check out Vystaviste Holesovice or PVA Letnany, google for websites.

Check out the city centre, Mala Strana, and so on. I suggest taking a walk through there. Expect lots and lots of tourists.

For beer, there are a couple of beershops or whatever you'd call them. I can suggest basecamp in Holesovice, website is www.pifko.info I'm not sure how's their English. They have a nice selection of beers from Czech micro breweries.

Also in the supermarket you can get decent beer from the more mainstream brands. Bernard is one of my favorites for supermarket beer. You shouldn't drink in public.

For food, depends on what you want. I can recommend La vie for awesome steaks, and I can also recommend Curry palace for Indian (careful, can be spicy AF). Overall, there's a lot of good restaurants in the Holesovice and Letna areas, and they don't charge that much.

About museums and stuff, I don't know. I'm not a tourist in Prague, so.. well... I haven't been to any of these even though I've been here for 8 years. Not my kind of stuff, really. Might be worth checking out the National technical museum

I hope I helped.

Alright, very nice details, thanks for the info on places and beer. Not a night person myself either but I'll stick to the main central areas anyways. Dík.

Edited by mystikro, 16 June 2018 - 12:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users