110 grind suffers really bad in the current meta.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33317 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

This is not a whinning topic, is just an opinion i have about how the tank suffers really bad in the current meta...

just before i throw my arguments, i want to state that i really liked the IS-2 grind, for the most part, the chinese version is easier to grind than the russian one... it does have better 250 heat shells

wich makes the tank way more usefull vs tier IX's, and despite that, i also love my IS-2 Berlin, wich have only apcr...

So that said, j want to state as well, that i feel ok, by playing the 122mm gun even against tier IX's, and that wotn stop me from being competitive... because the IS does have a good mobility, and its playstyle to somepoint doesnt suffer that much with the mm...

but the 110, have been a complete different story, since in the current meta, i play 2/3 of the games in tier X environment, and even by only using the 250 penetration heat rounds,i feel the tank suffers extremely from the mm... i would say mostly because of the gun handling and the poor gun depression... 

You see, the 110, actually have better frontal hull armor than the IS-3, and frontaly is not bad... but in order to use the armor properly, you need to use the terrain, and with the 5 degrees of gun depression that in game apear more like 3 degrees, because the tank is so clunky, that sometimes you have the enemy in front of you, just a bit lower, and its enough for you to not be cappable of hitting it....

That combine with terrible gun handling (i dont complain about the accuracy, because i really am use to the russian 122mm gun) but... the gun handling... it must for sure be the worse 122mm gun i ever experienced on any tank... even in the 112 i feel i had better gun handling, the dispersion values on the 110 seem horrible, i move the turret just one bit, and i have mostly to wait  seconds again to aim... its really horrible

I realize, that with the top 100mm gun, the gun depression will be better 1 degree, and maybe that will be enough for making the tank be more competitive, but still... damn, ffs WG you must the gun handling of this gun, if the player must grind like 58k experience just to unlock the top gun..  and its not like i am whinning about not being cappable of penetrating anything, with the 250 pen heat, i can still deal with most tier x's, thats not my argument... the problem is the gun handling...

Is that i cant really put the same play style of the Is tank in this one,, because the gun handling seems to me worse, and actually the tank is less agile, the turret turns slower... and the dispersion is really unbelieveble i just had a game where i was desperatly trying to kill a 268 v4 where i had to rush a shot to not allow him to finish another crucial player in my team, i had his rear at less than 200 meters than me... and still i failled to kill him, becuase i couldnt afford to wait 3 seconds aiming to kill him...

Now, that people is complaining that much about the "premium mm" and the older tanks not being competitive... in the current meta etc etc

And honestly this is just pathetic, being forced to play like this in the current tier X environment, against obj 268 v4s, type 5's, mauses...

and notice, this is not just about the gun penetration, because like i said... that is forgiving... i play tier X with my Is-7 without gold and its as well 250mm of penetration... the real issue is the gun handling...

is too damn poor for a gun that is so terribly bad to play against tier X's...

I understand  that you cant just orient the fixing of a tank against tier X's, because that would affect then lower tiers, and make the 110 absolutely overpowered against lower tiers, but i have sugestion...

You could do like the tier 8 premiums, reduce its dpm a bit, and increase the gun handling...so it could at least fire some shots against X's...

since having decent dpm with a gun that cant hit anything is really irrelevant, i wouldnt mind have only 1800 dpm if the gun handling was decent ratter than 2400 dpm with a gun that doesnt hit anything, because takes forever to aim, and the dispersion values are terrible

HaZardeur #2 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33473 battles
Skip the grind with converted free XP and WG will love you.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
110 was the worst in the chinese heavy line for me at least. IS2 and tier 9 WZ was very good. Do you have optics in your 110 by any chance?

DaddysLittlePrincess #4 Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24698 battles
Just grind it in Frontline

KillingJoker #5 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33317 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 28 May 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

110 was the worst in the chinese heavy line for me at least. IS2 and tier 9 WZ was very good. Do you have optics in your 110 by any chance?

No, i was inicialy using binocs, while i had the stock turret (because its view range is worse)

but i instaled a gun laying drive... and now i am thinking in removing vents and add vertical stabs (i am not sure if i can use them on the tank as well...) because i dont care about the dpm that much... its really the gun handling that piss me off

SuperOlsson #6 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21141 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
I guess you’re supposed to pay to skip the stock grind! I’m currently grinding my stick 110 in frontline, by playing a couple of op premium tanks to get the juicy exp bonus, and then throwing in this underpowered pos, even with the stock gun you can squeeze out at least 1k damage. If you don’t use gold for exp conversion I recommend to always save It for the tier 9.

tumppi776 #7 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 42748 battles
  • [DPG-I] DPG-I
It was always bad.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49711 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostKillingJoker, on 28 May 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

No, i was inicialy using binocs, while i had the stock turret (because its view range is worse)

but i instaled a gun laying drive... and now i am thinking in removing vents and add vertical stabs (i am not sure if i can use them on the tank as well...) because i dont care about the dpm that much... its really the gun handling that piss me off

Rammer, V-stabs and optics is the perfect loadout IMO. With optics you can have a bit of assist damage every game to complement your actual damage making the grind easier. As for the top gun you can always wait for enough free XP to unlock it. I waited for enough free XP to unlock the tier 9 Conqueror top gun, tracks and engine. :)

SuperOlsson #9 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21141 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostKillingJoker, on 28 May 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

Very stabs is always preferable over vents, because of the rather huge boost in actual aiming time compared to all other equipment. Vents/gld is almost only useful if you can’t mount v-stab, it’s an autoloader or if your view range is utter crap. Or if you can get 445 viewrange with vents+crew skills, in which case you can skip binos/optics.

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 48859 battles

I agree the 110 appears to be pretty bad.

I was working on 4 tanks Panther 2 to E50 I completed that last night.

T32 to M103 will probably be my next goal.

I have more of less abandoned the IS2 to 110 I will wait and see if it gets improved

T34-100 also on hold as I am not impressed by the TVP VTU

I generally don't mind sub par tanks in a tech tree but prefer them at lower tiers.

I know its not possible to make all the tanks in a line just steadily improve tier by tier but some lines in this game have some real turkeys and when those are at tiers 7 and above its a pain.

Aikl #11 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttumppi776, on 28 May 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

It was always bad.

Yeah. Despite the smaller gun, it's effectively universally worse than an IS-3. The sheer logic of having worse gun handling on a smaller gun is just ...blyet.

Hamsterkicker #12 Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34045 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB

110 indeed is out of the current meta and indeed the gun handling is atrocious.

It once was advertised as a viable alternative to the IS3 in TeamBattle mode but ever since WG introduced the Defender it is no longer competitively used.

The Tier IX and X are really nice machines though, so keep at it as the reward is good and like many suggested play it in Frontline..

VarzA #13 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20561 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

If you are playing the 110 with the 122mm as a choice, you are playing it wrong.

You need to get the 100mm pronto, and you will gain more gun depression and a much faster reload .... the 110 either covers it's beak, or facehugs. As for the gun, it is badly needed on the 1-4.

View PostHamsterkicker, on 28 May 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

110 indeed is out of the current meta and indeed the gun handling is atrocious.

It once was advertised as a viable alternative to the IS3 in TeamBattle mode but ever since WG introduced the Defender it is no longer competitively used.

The Tier IX and X are really nice machines though, so keep at it as the reward is good and like many suggested play it in Frontline..

It stopped being viable the moment WG buffed the IS3 to ungodly levels.

110 was an alternative when the IS3 sucked.

Edited by VarzA, 28 May 2018 - 12:34 PM.

KillingJoker #14 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33317 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

Allready removed the vents and added vertical stabs.... imediatly noticed an incredible difference in the way the gun handles...

now i would say its way more playable, allready at least managed to have an high caliber game 

KillingJoker #15 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33317 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostVarzA, on 28 May 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

If you are playing the 110 with the 122mm as a choice, you are playing it wrong.

You need to get the 100mm pronto, and you will gain more gun depression and a much faster reload .... the 110 either covers it's beak, or facehugs. As for the gun, it is badly needed on the 1-4.

It stopped being viable the moment WG buffed the IS3 to ungodly levels.

110 was an alternative when the IS3 sucked.

No, i am griding it... i know the 100mm is better, even because you get more gun depression... 

VarzA #16 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20561 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostKillingJoker, on 28 May 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

No, i am griding it... i know the 100mm is better, even because you get more gun depression... 

It is totally worth it. :)

It makes the tank somewhat bearable.

One of my last battles in it, before i got the 1-4, i was on himmelsdorf, and i bullied a Grille 15, bounced 2-3 of his shells, facehugged him, did not allow him to get away from me, while i slowly killed him. :P

Be careful with stuff like IS3's though.

Though the 110 is supposed to be faster, in reality the IS3 has better engine, and better mobility, so facehugging the IS3 is a very very bad idea, he can push up a wall, or shoot down on your UFP.

Edited by VarzA, 28 May 2018 - 12:39 PM.

etody77 #17 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 62862 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO

3-4 years ago 110 has better accuracy and pen, and it was funny to play despite gun depresion

Excepting tier 10, all guns where nerfed on chinese HT and MT, and the best gun from IS-2 removed 

110 was far better than IS-3 in the times when russian tanks started to be the better tanks in the game

KillingJoker #18 Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33317 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostVarzA, on 28 May 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

It is totally worth it. :)

It makes the tank somewhat bearable.

One of my last battles in it, before i got the 1-4, i was on himmelsdorf, and i bullied a Grille 15, bounced 2-3 of his shells, facehugged him, did not allow him to get away from me, while i slowly killed him. :P

Be careful with stuff like IS3's though.

Though the 110 is supposed to be faster, in reality the IS3 has better engine, and better mobility, so facehugging the IS3 is a very very bad idea, he can push up a wall, or shoot down on your UFP.

To be honest, i unlocked the 100mm allready and when i saw the aimtime values for it, even with gun laying drive and vertical stabs... i had a laugh 2.47 aim time for a 100 gun....

the aim time is ridiculously bad for a 100mm gun... and low alpha, the gun handlings is just as bad as the 122mm, the only difference is the accuracy mostly

and the fact you can use 6 degrees of gun depression, that helps a lot in making the armor more usable... something i cant really do with 5 degrees, because i allways need to expose the hull...

But still... 8.4 seconds reload time for a 100mm gun alpha, poor aim time...  if it wasnt for the gun depression, i would still use the 122mm all the way

because, its better for trading shots, its better for a brawler tank, and it the accuracy isnt that important at close range considering the gold shells are mostly the same...

and the 100mm gun, is also very poor in terms of AP rounds, 215 allow you to penetrate more tier 8s, than the 122mm gun for sure... its still pretty poor for a gun that is mount on a heavy at tier 8. specialy with that ridiculous aimtime... even with vertical stabs and gun laying drive, it doesnt really feels like a 100mm gun...

Edited by KillingJoker, 28 May 2018 - 03:22 PM.

Balc0ra #19 Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It was never a great tank tbh. The only thing I liked about it was the fact it had a 100m gun and, and thus it could trade well with the ROF it had vs 122mm guns. And it kinda worked hull down when it came.  

It's not great, but it's not Tiger II bad either IMO. 

MeNoobTank #20 Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11496 battles
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X

Guys, I don't know what you are talking about, the top gun (100mm) is also VERY VERY BAD. Actually 110 is a very bad tank, simple as that.

On paper it should have been an IS-3 alternative with better frontal armor, faster mobility, and kinda better gun :trollface: (better depression and faster reload) but in reality it is not. In current meta 110 has nothing to offer. It has an awfull gun with poor aim time, even worse gun handling than on the 122 imo with rng that you will miss 2/3 shots even from medium distance, paper armor, slug slow mobility, tall silhuette.

This tank is the worst Tier 8 tech tree Heavy, Tiger 2 is better than it, yes even Tiger 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users