Garage Quality of Life Improvement Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SnakeRush #1 Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22534 battles

Just a thought that popped into my head.

It would be nice to have a small change made to when equipping vehicle equipment. Currently you can only equip an item by purchasing a new one or if you already have a spare one in storage (what is nice is that it displays a list of which vehicles currently have the module equipped). What i would like to be able to do is have the option to take a module that is currently on another vehicle and equip it straight onto the tank i currently have selected, without having to select and unequip from the tank its currently on.

A current practical example:

Every time i want to equip my new tank with Binoc's instead of just selecting it in the equip menu i have to find the tank which has it already equipped (i have 50+ tanks in my garage) unequip it then go back to the new tank and equip it.

Binoc's are the most likely used module to be moved around like this but it would be just as nice for all the modules as they are expensive credit-wise and personally i prefer paying the 10 gold removal cost instead of the 600k credit cost for a new 1 (i don't have a lot of gold but enough for doing this).

Now i know of the auto-equip mod that has (maybe still does) existed and have used it, but it only works with the 'No cost' removal modules (Camo, Binocs, Toolkit) and as it's a mod it has to be constantly updated with every version and when i stopped using it (awhile back) it hadn't been updated to current versions for a long time. PS i haven't checked if its currently working for the current version. 

Only a small suggestion but a nice and hopefully simple to code quality of life improvement that i would like to see in the future.

Spurtung #2 Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63775 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostSnakeRush, on 28 May 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

Just a thought that popped into my head.

It would be nice to have a small change made to when equipping vehicle equipment. Currently you can only equip an item by purchasing a new one or if you already have a spare one in storage (what is nice is that it displays a list of which vehicles currently have the module equipped). What i would like to be able to do is have the option to take a module that is currently on another vehicle 1 and equip it straight onto the tank i currently have selected, without having to select and unequip from the tank its currently on.

A current practical example:

Every time i want to equip my new tank with Binoc's instead of just selecting it in the equip menu i have to find the tank which has it already equipped (i have 50+ tanks in my garage 2) unequip it then go back to the new tank and equip it.

Binoc's are the most likely used module to be moved around like this but it would be just as nice for all the modules as they are expensive credit-wise and personally i prefer paying the 10 gold removal cost instead of the 600k credit cost for a new 1 (i don't have a lot of gold but enough for doing this).

Now i know of the auto-equip mod that has (maybe still does) existed and have used it, but it only works with the 'No cost' removal modules (Camo, Binocs, Toolkit) and as it's a mod it has to be constantly updated with every version and when i stopped using it (awhile back) it hadn't been updated to current versions for a long time. PS i haven't checked if its currently working for the current version. 

Only a small suggestion but a nice and hopefully simple to code quality of life improvement that i would like to see in the future.

Just a couple thoughts on this one.

So it would remove the equipment you need on that tank out of a random tank that has it equipped? That's beyond bad.

You don't need to go searching for it at all. You go to the tank you need it on, open the equipment list and hover over it. It will show which tanks currently have one of those.

Kozzy #3 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:10 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostSpurtung, on 29 May 2018 - 02:02 AM, said:

So it would remove the equipment you need on that tank out of a random tank that has it equipped? That's beyond bad.

You don't need to go searching for it at all. You go to the tank you need it on, open the equipment list and hover over it. It will show which tanks currently have one of those.

Just a single thought on your reply:

You're being contrary for the sake of it, why?  I don't know, you do do it a lot though.

Anyway, OP, this is a good idea and in fact is included in several mod packs (which work with zero downsides).  The only reason I can see why this isn't included as standard is to try and get people to buy more of the equipment.

Edited by Kozzy, 29 May 2018 - 09:38 AM.

etody77 #4 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 62862 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
search for auto equip mod in mods on forum

Hedgehog1963 #5 Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51286 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I have this as a mod.  Means that you never need more than a couple of binocs and camo nets (and even tool kits).  Mine also restores the last crew to have manned that vehicle.  @Kozzy is dead right about why WG haven't included this.

malachi6 #6 Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49930 battles
Many XVM garage mods do this.  Note, you do not need to enable WN8 etc, to use quality of life stuff in these mods.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66296 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSpurtung, on 29 May 2018 - 03:02 AM, said:

Easy fix around that. Make it work like crew. As in that tank had bincos and camo net on the last battle he played. It's now on a different tank. One button brings both back instantly. They could toss the "return equipment" key right below return crew.  

_Sensation_ #8 Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7266 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD

I think it's already in the game lol.

And it shouldn't be too hard to remind which tanks have which equipment setup cuz most tank classes will have the same setup.

gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11067 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostKozzy, on 29 May 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

The only reason I can see why this isn't included as standard is to try and get people to buy more of the equipment.

Worked that way for me. Tried the QB modpack about a year ago, only benefitted from the auto equip camo and binos. But with all those patches I could not be bothered with mods anymore. Bought alot of equipment when on sale, problem solved. Now every tank has his own equipment. When sold you get the money back or pay 10 gold to remove, both fine options

Spurtung #10 Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63775 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostKozzy, on 29 May 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Just a single thought on your reply:

You're being contrary for the sake of it, why?  I don't know, you do do it a lot though.

Anyway, OP, this is a good idea and in fact is included in several mod packs (which work with zero downsides).  The only reason I can see why this isn't included as standard is to try and get people to buy more of the equipment.

For the sake of it? In case you missed it, he was talking about complex equipment being removed randomly from any tank so that it would be equipped on the one he needs it on and still paying 10 gold for it. I'm not being contrary, I'm asking OP for clarification.

Besides, he even mentions the mod for the 3 that you can move around, that was not what he was talking about. Read the OP and then figure out why I said what I did.

Edited by Spurtung, 29 May 2018 - 05:20 PM.

Spurtung #11 Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:21 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63775 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 May 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

Easy fix around that. Make it work like crew. As in that tank had bincos and camo net on the last battle he played. It's now on a different tank. One button brings both back instantly. They could toss the "return equipment" key right below return crew.  

Sure, they could, they won't so that people end up buying more than they need, nothing new about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users