• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

bierhalen #1 Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 86 battles

Thanks guys.

{edited} see my less angry and tl;dr post here

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/674723-how-exactly-isn%e2%80%99t-this-crap-pay2win-are-you-all-in-denial-or-something/page__st__20__gopid__15817680#entry15817680

And enjoy 1.0 with some friends. Reached T8 just in time to play front-line with our own tanks. Almost a different game. Hope that stays / comes back.

Edited by bierhalen, 01 June 2018 - 07:14 AM.

Suurpolskija #2 Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

A free to play for the working grown ups. ;)

You CAN play this for free though and you can even afford the better shells if you must if you're not aiming for high tiers. If you want to stay at tier5-6 you can easily do that for free and afford to shoot premium shells when you absolutely must. You might also get lucky and score a freebie tier6 premium tank from those minimarathons.

So yeah, you can. But honestly, I think it's tough.

Btw, I tried this free to play thingy on my friends account and I was amazed how much I benefit from good crews and equipment. It was pretty tough to break yellow stats with 50% crews and view range of a bat.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64335 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So you're saying a new player that has never played the game before, and has zero ideas about game mechanics. Can buy a tier 8 premium and fort nox. Fill it with gold and win everything? Spamming gold without knowing how each shell type works, or even how much effective armor is not gonna make anyone win lots more. As no one spams HEAT on the S.Conq to reliably pen it do they? Then again we have ppl complaining about gold ammo being used on their Borsig. Half the gold hits on you on in a tier X match would still pen you with AP and auto aim most times RNG willing. 

Most free 2 play tomatoes now having farmed a few million silver on front line the past few weeks. I suspect they can afford it equally well. Even my NA account that is 100% free 2 play can afford to fling gold when needed without buying fort nox.  

Then again if those options were not there. And all your tanks only had the one shell. I suspect you would be here to say the game is to hard to make income to buy new tanks, and your Tiger II can't pen the new tier 9 HT's head on with AP. It's a double edge sword either way. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 29 May 2018 - 02:34 PM.

jack_timber #4 Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32385 battles
Premium account does make it easier to grind but as the cost per day is less than a cheap donut for a game I enjoy it well worth it.

rustysprite #5 Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Firstly - 86

I am a totally average player 

When I started playing I never used premium ammo or a prem account and I got on reasonably OK.... well I enjoyed the game and that's the point

Yes I use some prem ammo now depending on the tank i am using and which tank I am up against

I get the impression OP that you want everything now and cant be patient enough to play the game and get good

So therefor this game is not for you it seems

MeetriX #6 Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19563 battles
Git average!

250swb #7 Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbierhalen, on 29 May 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

For the default, average, normal, free player, farming silver is **** especially at higher tiers and even if you farm like a freemium you need all of it to progress up the tech tree anyway.in.

The first thing to understand is that you are not forced to go up tech trees, you can have fun at the skill level you are at or with what you can afford with the credits you earn, so getting to tier X is not winning the game. The other thing is that bad and lazy players tend to spam premium ammo without reason, sometimes it is needed, but it is never needed all the time, so give that tip to your rich friend, he's wasting his money. The third thing is that after 86 battles you are still performing like a bot, and this isn't unusual, many say it takes 10,000 battles before you even understand the maps and tactics on each one. So you won't be earning many credits at the moment, the answer goes back to the first point, learn the game instead of being impatient, have a rant when you learn to play better and know what you are talking about.

Dead_in_30_seconds #8 Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2188 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Total noob here. No idea about tank-types, maps, equipment. Just trying the freaking game.

BUT ONE THING NOW IS FOR SURE: this game is Pay2Win. I've seen it on high tiers now (not my account) and I am truly amazed this crap flies under the radar. Let's get it out there.

And don't give me that "just farm silver" crap - the difference between normal and expensive ammo is amazing, even more on later tiers. Earning silver without a Premium account is basically **** unless you truly are that one-in-a-hundred WoT-God playing or paying for support mods to get another advantage for cash. For the default, average, normal, free player, farming silver is **** especially at higher tiers and even if you farm like a freemium you need all of it to progress up the tech tree anyway.

There is no way in hell the default, average, normal, free player will be spamming gold. Stop drooling and see this crap for what it is. So, my mistake. At a friend’s house. Told him about this game and that it offers normal ammo and high grade ammo and that it bummed me out because the game is nice. He went full gangster - bought Fort Nox and Premium … and without any experience, without knowing the game, his rating is off the scale. He laughed his [edited]off at the game and said he’s probably done after this. He let me try as well at this place... I NEVER PLAYED THAT WELL. What the ****?

The point being is that any noob is able to just pull a CC out and buy a big ADVANTAGE over you. So I was playing free before; I’m aiming and shooting and because the enemy dances their tank I hit like half of my shots (apart from dumb noob mistakes) as it ******* should be!!!! Now at my friends place with the CC pulled out, my friend is drinking a beer and laughs at the same dancing tanks JUST because he bought CREDITS and is only using high grade ammo. Like what the hell? I tried and the difference is 100% noticeable. 1-0-0  p-e-r-c-e-n-t  n-o-t-i-c-e-a-b-l-e.

This crap is pay2win. Stop being in denial.

Step 1 – Buy a couple thousand gold / a couple million silver in the cash shop, convert gold to silver in-game if needed.
Step 2 – Load up on high grade silver ammo.
Step 3 – Yolo aim at everyone without worrying about the costs.

That is 100% the definition of pay to win.

I DON'T CARE IF PAYING CUSTOMERS GET PERKS OR OTHER NICE TRINKETS OVER PLEB FREEMIUM PLAYERS. THEY SHOULD!!!! BUT BEING ABLE TO PULL A CC AND BUY AN ADVANTAGE FROM THE GET-GO? BEING ABLE TO SPAM HIGH GRADE AMMO NON STOP IN HIGHER TIERS BECAUSE YOU ARE PAYING? THAT IS PAY2WIN!!!!

GG & HAVE FUN

This is to all new players who think the game is fair when you play for free. It isn't. The game is nice, but this crap needs to be said. Some people will not mind at all. Other wont mind to be bait for paying players and nobody is stopping  them. Do not waste the time of everyone else!!!! This has to be said. Pay 2 ******* win.

Take a stock tank, place a semi decent player against a noob with all the gold and silver in the world, and guess who'll come out on top?

I'm not saying access to large amounts of gold and silver doesn't help to accelerate ones progress along the tech tree, but increasing your wins? Get real.

With 80-100 battles under your belt, my f*****g cat could beat you.

Bordhaw #9 Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10827 battles

Total noob here. No idea about tank-types, maps, equipment. Just trying the freaking game.

BUT ONE THING NOW IS FOR SURE: this game is Pay2Win. I've seen it on high tiers now (not my account) and I am truly amazed this crap flies under the radar. Let's get it out there.

And don't give me that "just farm silver" crap - the difference between normal and expensive ammo is amazing, even more on later tiers. Earning silver without a Premium account is basically **** unless you truly are that one-in-a-hundred WoT-God playing or paying for support mods to get another advantage for cash. For the default, average, normal, free player, farming silver is **** especially at higher tiers and even if you farm like a freemium you need all of it to progress up the tech tree anyway.

There is no way in hell the default, average, normal, free player will be spamming gold. Stop drooling and see this crap for what it is. So, my mistake. At a friend’s house. Told him about this game and that it offers normal ammo and high grade ammo and that it bummed me out because the game is nice. He went full gangster - bought Fort Nox and Premium … and without any experience, without knowing the game, his rating is off the scale. He laughed his [edited]off at the game and said he’s probably done after this. He let me try as well at this place... I NEVER PLAYED THAT WELL. What the ****?

The point being is that any noob is able to just pull a CC out and buy a big ADVANTAGE over you. So I was playing free before; I’m aiming and shooting and because the enemy dances their tank I hit like half of my shots (apart from dumb noob mistakes) as it ******* should be!!!! Now at my friends place with the CC pulled out, my friend is drinking a beer and laughs at the same dancing tanks JUST because he bought CREDITS and is only using high grade ammo. Like what the hell? I tried and the difference is 100% noticeable. 1-0-0  p-e-r-c-e-n-t  n-o-t-i-c-e-a-b-l-e.

This crap is pay2win. Stop being in denial.

Step 1 – Buy a couple thousand gold / a couple million silver in the cash shop, convert gold to silver in-game if needed.
Step 2 – Load up on high grade silver ammo.
Step 3 – Yolo aim at everyone without worrying about the costs.

That is 100% the definition of pay to win.

I DON'T CARE IF PAYING CUSTOMERS GET PERKS OR OTHER NICE TRINKETS OVER PLEB FREEMIUM PLAYERS. THEY SHOULD!!!! BUT BEING ABLE TO PULL A CC AND BUY AN ADVANTAGE FROM THE GET-GO? BEING ABLE TO SPAM HIGH GRADE AMMO NON STOP IN HIGHER TIERS BECAUSE YOU ARE PAYING? THAT IS PAY2WIN!!!!

GG & HAVE FUN

This is to all new players who think the game is fair when you play for free. It isn't. The game is nice, but this crap needs to be said. Some people will not mind at all. Other wont mind to be bait for paying players and nobody is stopping  them. Do not waste the time of everyone else!!!! This has to be said. Pay 2 ******* win.

cellaman7 #10 Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33915 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I've never bought premium ammo with gold. I stay around tier 5/6. After earning over 28 Million silver credits I can afford to spam gold for fun. I might lose 20k in one game but then one game in my Leffy and I get 20k straight back.

I've no credit card, no money full stop but I can manage my free WOT economics.

MisterWhippy #11 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27478 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postcellaman7, on 29 May 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

I've never bought premium ammo with gold. I stay around tier 5/6. After earning over 28 Million silver credits I can afford to spam gold for fun. I might lose 20k in one game but then one game in my Leffy and I get 20k straight back.

I've no credit card, no money full stop but I can manage my free WOT economics.

To be fair, the Bishop doesn’t have a gold ammo option...

Gremlin182 #12 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46632 battles

Its is a free game but like any game you have to put in a certain amount of time to progress.

They do a lot of things wrong but the one thing they do get right is letting the player choose.

There is no end game content getting to tier 10 is not for everyone and not the be all and end all of this game.

There is almost no content that you cannot get with money that you cannot get by just playing.

Exception to this Premium tanks, while you can win them you cannot win all of them but, premium time while you can win a few days here and there the only way to get a lot of premium time is to pay cash.

Earning XP takes time, money or a bit of both.

Its perfectly possible to earn loads of credits playing mid tier tanks it only gets difficult above tier 6 or 7 certainly enough to buy premium ammo unless you go crazy with it, equipment and consumables.

Running high tier tanks needs to be financed in some way and again its up to the player to decide how they wish to do it.

The entire game is intended to make it possible to play for free but very tempting to take shortcuts by spending cash.

The players that pay keep the game running for everyone else.

LCpl_Jones #13 Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9740 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post250swb, on 29 May 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

.......... spam premium ammo without reason, sometimes it is needed, but it is never needed all the time..........

gtfo, call yourself a dinger :P

Wayneable #14 Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42321 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Sorry to disagree but you can play this game with out premium time or ammo if you want. Hell I grinded out all the way to the mouse before i started buying premium time and tanks. No it was not easy and it did take alot of time, but you can do it if you want.

What are you at tier 2-3, dont worry about gold ammo yet, it is just a waste of money at those tiers. Hell most players don't even use gold ammo until tier 5-6 i would think, of course there are always those noobs that spam it at any tier.

Instead of whining about pay2win, maybe you should learn how the game works, because after 86 game, you know nothing. If you thought you could just come in and win all your game just buy pointing and shooting, then you have alot to learn.

Would not surprise me to fine out your big problem is you are spamming HE rounds, because they do more damage right? No worries, most if not all have made this mistake when we started to play, yes HE does more damage if it pens, but it has shitty pen so go back to AP round, that will make a big difference.! :justwait:

Thuis001 #15 Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5916 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View PostGremlin182, on 29 May 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

Still, at the end of the day a paying player will most likely have some advantages over a free player. Wether it be due to him being able to afford prem rounds or prem consumable more regularly. Or him not having to grind trough stock tanks because he can just convert free xp and skip trough it.  Or heck, even because he/she can buy all the equipment they need. And then last but certainly not least a player using premium tanks will train up crews more quickly. And thus be able to afford crew skills more easily which in turn will give him, all be it a small one, an advantage over the free to play player. 

And while yes, except for prem tanks, one can achieve all of this by simply playing the game for long enough, during that time they would be at a disadvantage, and the difference would probably grow bigger as the paying player essentially is able to raise funds for tanks/crew/equipment whatever much more quickly.

Simply put they can progress by spending money, where as free players have to spend huge amounts of time. (I am currently busy grinding trough the UK meds line, I've never spend a dime and it took me over a year to get to tier IX)

In this video Sliphantom stresses these facts and gives a lot more and much clearer explanation on the subject.

Joggaman #16 Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23010 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThuis001, on 29 May 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

Still, at the end of the day a paying player will most likely have some advantages over a free player. Wether it be due to him being able to afford prem rounds or prem consumable more regularly. Or him not having to grind trough stock tanks because he can just convert free xp and skip trough it.  Or heck, even because he/she can buy all the equipment they need. And then last but certainly not least a player using premium tanks will train up crews more quickly. And thus be able to afford crew skills more easily which in turn will give him, all be it a small one, an advantage over the free to play player. 

And while yes, except for prem tanks, one can achieve all of this by simply playing the game for long enough, during that time they would be at a disadvantage, and the difference would probably grow bigger as the paying player essentially is able to raise funds for tanks/crew/equipment whatever much more quickly.

Simply put they can progress by spending money, where as free players have to spend huge amounts of time. (I am currently busy grinding trough the UK meds line, I've never spend a dime and it took me over a year to get to tier IX)

In this video Sliphantom stresses these facts and gives a lot more and much clearer explanation on the subject.

That image reminded me of this:

Gremlin182 #17 Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46632 battles

View PostThuis001, on 29 May 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

Oh true the thing is we use the wrong term when we say pay to win, the game isn't pay to win in the usual sense.

Paying money someone can go into a game and fire off 100% premium ammo they can use premium consumables too.

Now with money they can do that as often as they like for as long as they like.

A free player may be able to do exactly the same for say one evenings play but then they might have to play several days at lower tiers to get the credits back.

If those two players met in a game  the paying player would not have an advantage if they played till the free player ran out of credits then he would have an advantage.

The paying player can get up the tiers faster get better trained crews faster

Cuck0osNest #18 Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7428 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

You dont have to explain simple things. Yes WG directly sells game comforts. But unfortunately it is not worth trying to explain it to the nature of one who purposely starts to pay for victoryes.

You described one of problems why this game is at bottom and gods know why WG keeps that direct comfort monetization politics. What do you as a new player think about ways how radio and spot mechanics implemented and working in game?

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 29 May 2018 - 11:24 PM.

BravelyRanAway #19 Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:33 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22358 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Total noob here. 

That basically sums up the rest of your ill-informed rant.

Hardass #20 Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 32722 battles
I am just a liable to get killed by and idiot in a stock tank than i am in a Pro in a Premium tank its not PAY to WIN its PAY to Progress faster thats all just because i pay to have a premium account dosent mean i have any more advantage over the next guy to win a Battle i can just move faster along the Tech trees.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users