E 100 - A sad fate

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

TheBritishBrit #1 Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12016 battles

Well, I know a lot of people frown on those that are quick to jump to conclusions on a tank they've just purchased. But, I think it's safe to say that after 27 battles, the E 100 simply isn't what it shaped out to be.

The only problem I really have is it's armour... The gun I get, while more standard penetration would be nice, we'll never be getting that, so it's back to having to shoot HEAT at the weakspots of most tier 10 tanks, and... sadly, some tier 9s. But the armour.... ohhhhh, the armour. This is the rant;

The armour is fantastic (Against standard ammo), the LFP is a weakspot and sometimes seems a bit "Yeah, you shouldn't have penned that", but it's a weakspot, so I get it. It's the turret, the sad downfall to this tank. It's base armour values are pretty brilliant, some of the best in-game, but it's effective armour is non-existent. You might tell me "I've been able to bounce thousands of points of damage when angling the turret" and I agree, so have I, very rarely. Almost every match in this tank, a good 90% of the rounds that have been fired at me have been premium rounds (Yes, they're purchased for credits, but they are the 'premium' rounds). I understand this tends to be standard for most tier 10 matches, and while i'm fully supporting a premium round rework (I know that wont happen any time soon) I understand that the purpose of those rounds is to penetrate extra-thick armour. You see, while the armour on the E-100 is very thick, it's not effective. Even heavily angled, enemies will butter through it without a problem. I'm sure that in most cases i've angled my turret to a point where I'm pretty sure the side of the turret had less effective armour than the front, but nope... they still punch right through the front. There is nothing you can do, you've got no hope of bouncing a round when as soon as you're spotted within close proximity of an enemy (Within about a maps length), they dab the two key and prepare to not give a damn about you. It just seems pointless.

What annoys me more is that I can't even do it back. Other tier 10 tanks are much more robust even when they have every other advantage over the E-100. Even the japanese heavies have more effective armour, more reliable armour, and HE guns which only seem to be able to fire premium HE, so they don't even have to worry about being able to penetrate the enemies armour. They just "*plop* whoops, sorry, that'sa 600 damage paddlin'".

If my point got lost in translation i'll summarise it here; The E-100 has it's good games, but against anyone who has the braincells to press a number key, it simply does not stand a chance. Either you cannot penetrate the enemy and they can pen you, you cannot see the enemy and they can pen you, or you cannot even hit the enemy and they can pen you.

It needs a rework, the whole armour model. Actually, lets compromise; sides, fine, keep em. Screw it keep the hull.

Just fix the damn turret.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27510 battles
If you're largely immune to standard tho then what else should the enemy do if not load the prammo?

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #3 Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7457 battles

Have you even bother to watch E-100 review on youtube ,grinding a whole line without knowing whats in the end is really "SPECIAL"....:facepalm:

Procjon #4 Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54157 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 30 May 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

If you're largely immune to standard tho then what else should the enemy do if not load the prammo?

Standard ammo -> lower plate

Standard ammo -> both front chicks of the turret

Standard ammo -> sides and back

E100 used to be good. Now it is another victim of WG policy of introducing new - more buffed tanks - without updating old tanks to changing environment. Older tanks become more obsolete with each update bringing new POWER CREEP tanks and their main purpose is to be used as a grinding tool to get that POWER CREEP tanks.

HF

JocMeister #5 Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21748 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I like the ehundah. 

Tr0gledyte #6 Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles
It's a tank that's supposed to trade shots well or shoot people that aren't looking. Or stomp tanks that can't pen you even with gold. Anything under 300 pen will struggle with your turret.

wattitatti #7 Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15705 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
Oh the irony of this one. E-100 used to be the tank everyone just spammed gold rounds with. Now youre whining becouse everyone just shoot gold at you and pen you? Get what you deserve

DutchBaron_ #8 Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9918 battles
  • [FDAD] FDAD

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 30 May 2018 - 02:33 AM, said:

Haha, it has one of the biggest lower plates in the game, sure some tier 8 need gold to pen it's lower plate if angeled but that's about it. Second it's one of the easiest tanks to track and damage with those huge sprocket wheels. And if that wasn't enough it has a rangefinder on top of the turret just as big as the supposed 268v4 weak spot. I would think a small buff, 10-20mm would already make a big difference since now even when angled perfectly 330 heat still has a nearly 50% chance to go through. And that just makes it an even bigger heat magnet than my mouse

PauI #9 Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24876 battles
Forget e100.....play op rasha....everybody happy

etody77 #10 Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61630 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
all tanks have a problem ith golden ammo, so...E-100 is a good tank

Simeon85 #11 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

You block on average more than 2k damage, how much more armour do you need? 

You effectively have, on average, nearly 5k hit points, with a 750 alpha gun, if you can't do decent damage with that and win games, then it's not the E100's fault.

The E100 is a solid tank, always has been and always will be. The tank is not about it's armour, it's about the gun, you have TD alpha on heavy tank, you have usable armour that if angled well will always bounce something, you have acceptable mobility for a super heavy and a big slab of hit points. 

If you trade efficiently in the E100 then you don't need to bounce one single shot, I've had 5k damage games in the E100 without bouncing anything and still had hit points to spare. 

E100 has never been about the armour, even back in the day people punched HEAT through the turret front, hell even most standard rounds have a good chance of going through, the armour is there for extra bounces, for bullying lower tiers, but if you are just sitting there expecting to bounce every shot, you are playing the wrong tank.

Get a Maus is you want to roadblock an area and bounce hundreds of shots. 

Use the tank correctly and it is super strong. Go look on youtube for Anfield, the US streamer, he 3 marked the tank using only AP and put the whole session on twitch and youtube IIRC. It's a little old, but the principle is there.

The E100 is also a tank where all 3 rounds are viable and using the right one at the right time is important, also knowing your overmatch areas is also important, half the heavy tanks the E100 faces will have 40mm hull roof plates and the E100 AP overmatches this, plus being so tall it often looks down on them. 

Edited by Simeon85, 30 May 2018 - 09:55 AM.

chinchillah #12 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23146 battles

After doing some is4 vs e100 training battles my buddy gave up on playing the e100. This tank is utter garbage. I penetrated him with every shot, didnt matter how he angled his turret. 

I don't see why people play this tank 705A is by far the better tank. 

Lord_Edge #13 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5951 battles

I was so annoyed when I got all the way to my FV-215b (183) and found out it had weaker armour than the Tortoise, and I was annoyed when the IS-7 turned out to be slower than the T-10 with a worse gun, and don't get me started on how I couldn't even use my MT crew in the T-57 Heavy!

Oh no wait, none of that happened because I actually Googled the tier Xs for the lines I was grinding to see what they were like, you should have done that ;)

leggasiini #14 Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12302 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Ehh, E 100 is perfectly fine, IMO. If the armor was too good, it would be broken. It already has 2700 HP, 750 alpha gun with surprisingly good gun handling and better mobility than other superheavies like the Type 5 or Maus. Just don't overrely on the armor, it's there just to bully lower tiers, honestly.

E 100 is a superheavy that is balanced and not retardproof like most other super-heavies. It actually needs some brainaction instead of just mashing the R key 3 times. It's one of the last super-heavies that hasn't been overbuffed into retarded state, we don't need that to happen. Better thing is to fix the powercreep at tier 10 and then bring down the premium ammo, instead of encouraging even more powercreep.

Dava_117 #15 Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:37 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18506 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostTheBritishBrit, on 30 May 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Well, I know a lot of people frown on those that are quick to jump to conclusions on a tank they've just purchased. But, I think it's safe to say that after 27 battles, the E 100 simply isn't what it shaped out to be.

The only problem I really have is it's armour... The gun I get, while more standard penetration would be nice, we'll never be getting that, so it's back to having to shoot HEAT at the weakspots of most tier 10 tanks, and... sadly, some tier 9s. But the armour.... ohhhhh, the armour. This is the rant;

The armour is fantastic (Against standard ammo), the LFP is a weakspot and sometimes seems a bit "Yeah, you shouldn't have penned that", but it's a weakspot, so I get it. It's the turret, the sad downfall to this tank. It's base armour values are pretty brilliant, some of the best in-game, but it's effective armour is non-existent. You might tell me "I've been able to bounce thousands of points of damage when angling the turret" and I agree, so have I, very rarely. Almost every match in this tank, a good 90% of the rounds that have been fired at me have been premium rounds (Yes, they're purchased for credits, but they are the 'premium' rounds). I understand this tends to be standard for most tier 10 matches, and while i'm fully supporting a premium round rework (I know that wont happen any time soon) I understand that the purpose of those rounds is to penetrate extra-thick armour. You see, while the armour on the E-100 is very thick, it's not effective. Even heavily angled, enemies will butter through it without a problem. I'm sure that in most cases i've angled my turret to a point where I'm pretty sure the side of the turret had less effective armour than the front, but nope... they still punch right through the front. There is nothing you can do, you've got no hope of bouncing a round when as soon as you're spotted within close proximity of an enemy (Within about a maps length), they dab the two key and prepare to not give a damn about you. It just seems pointless.

What annoys me more is that I can't even do it back. Other tier 10 tanks are much more robust even when they have every other advantage over the E-100. Even the japanese heavies have more effective armour, more reliable armour, and HE guns which only seem to be able to fire premium HE, so they don't even have to worry about being able to penetrate the enemies armour. They just "*plop* whoops, sorry, that'sa 600 damage paddlin'".

If my point got lost in translation i'll summarise it here; The E-100 has it's good games, but against anyone who has the braincells to press a number key, it simply does not stand a chance. Either you cannot penetrate the enemy and they can pen you, you cannot see the enemy and they can pen you, or you cannot even hit the enemy and they can pen you.

It needs a rework, the whole armour model. Actually, lets compromise; sides, fine, keep em. Screw it keep the hull.

Just fix the damn turret.

Turret is fine. It's not an hull down tank, it's meant to trade well and to sidescrape (where is superior to 705A, thanks to thicker tracks, spaced armours and sides). The tank can even angle well in the open, bouncing a good ammount of shells. But all this is a bonus, because the main feature of the tank is the gun. With 750 alpha you can out trade any HT in game. AP have good overmatching capability and workable pen (249 is the same as maus but with far better alpha), HEAT have really good pen at 334mm and HE are good against hulldown tanks and the bobjects. Also the spall liner + HEAT combo allows to E100 to out trade even Type5s spamming premium HEs.

Quite a good tank, indeed. Tryed it on test server and I'm quickly grinding to get it!

Edited by Dava_117, 30 May 2018 - 10:38 AM.

chinchillah #16 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23146 battles

What? Hahah out trade type 5? 

Yeah big think that spall liner...buddy got shot for 1800 hp thru his upper front....I am getting 300-800 hits on my maus ....yall should stop playing mediums and try out heavies again....

Simeon85 #17 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Postchinchillah, on 30 May 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Yeah big think that spall liner...buddy got shot for 1800 hp thru his upper front....I am getting 300-800 hits on my maus ....yall should stop playing mediums and try out heavies again....

No, just no no, you whole post is just a load of *edited*

Edited by NickMustaine, 30 May 2018 - 12:53 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

chinchillah #18 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23146 battles
Okay buddy I'm just talking, you got me ! 

leggasiini #19 Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12302 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postchinchillah, on 30 May 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

I don't see why people play this tank 705A is by far the better tank.

Except it isn’t. I got both of them, and IMO the 705A is worse than the E 100. 705A’s gun is utter garbage and worse in every single meaningful metric than E 100’s, rear mounted turret is more a hindrance than an advantage, it has less health and it has poor gun depression, which feels worse than what it is with rear mounted turret. It does better against premium spam, but only when it has been positioned EXACTLY correctly, and then you just get HE spammed into face. Not to mention its much easier food for the Type 5 than the E 100 is, because the HEAT is shitty enough to have a chance of bouncing an angled Type, and unlike the E 100, you dont have enough alpha to outtrade it. Worse HP pool doesnt help, either.

At very least the E 100 is much more fun to play than the 705A. 705A can be fun when the gun decides to work and when enemies are braindead enough to not shoot HE at you when you sidescrape, but more often than not that doesnt happen. The 705A is just so much more frustrating to play.

Edited by leggasiini, 30 May 2018 - 12:21 PM.

Dava_117 #20 Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18506 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View Postchinchillah, on 30 May 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Now, tell me how a 75pen HE can pen your 250mm sloped turret? I tell you: it's impossible.

Using spalliner the avarage damage you would recieve from Type5 premium HE, following the HE formula, is:

1400/2-(250*1.1*1.5)=287.5 HP

While you can shot it back for 750 HP with comparable reload.

That's quite a good trade for E100!

Edit:

Just to let you know, I mainly play HTs, with my 3 most played tanks been ST-I, T-150 and KV-4.

Edited by Dava_117, 30 May 2018 - 12:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users