Rank frontline random courageous resistance suggestion feature

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

SirGruut #1 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21255 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

My suggestion would be to implement ranks, similar to frontline, in randoms. This would act as a less black/white version of the courageous resistance that is currently in place and give players a certain level of accomplishment for players on wins and losses. It would also provide players with some feedback if they played/are playing well that game, since higher ranks = better plays, without external tools. Earning certain ranks could act as a replacement for the current system that gives you a credit and xp bonus for courageous resistance in case of a loss. This system of ranks would however make it a progression based system and could even be used to implement a multiplier depending how which rank you get. Implementing some kind of multiplier for those on the winning team is possible as well but this would probably influence the credits/xp more then what is wanted.

Edited by SirGruut, 31 May 2018 - 12:45 PM.

Jigabachi #2 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSirGruut, on 30 May 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

I immediatly thought it was because you have a goal in the game that isnt just winning

But shouldn't that be the overall goal?

That's basically why I don't like the rewardsystem in Frontline at all. If your alternative goals hamper or even sabotage your overall goal, winning, then something is definitely going wrong.

It might work better in Randoms, because there you can also win by doing damage alone, but... meh. I'd prefer if we would fix all the many issues first before we think about stuff like that. And if you want some feature to tell you how you played in a match, a simple "traffic light system" would be more than enough for a start - simply highlight important numbers on the end-screens in different colors. That would be both simple, easy to understand (even for the human bots) and always visible.

Hedgehog1963 #3 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50405 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I'm not sure this is a good idea.  We already have players focused on their damage "Mah dubya -en-eight mustn't suffer!" than winning the game. 

Geno1isme #4 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40894 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Not really. There are massive differences between frontline and randoms, if you'd transfer the rank mechanics directly it would likely cause even more frustration in randoms.

Yes, it would give you some sense of accomplishment if you performed well on a loss. However thanks to template MM you'd often simply have no real chance to rank up considerably, and dying early would be punished twice as hard. So chances are that many people would camp even more in order to secure some damage for a promotion.

etody77 #5 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61219 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO

no

better implement frontline as random battle

SirGruut #6 Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21255 battles
  • [QSF] QSF
Can be deleted because i just noticed the suggestions thread.

Dosjer007 #7 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 588 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 30 May 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

That's basically why I don't like the rewardsystem in Frontline at all. If your alternative goals hamper or even sabotage your overall goal, winning, then something is definitely going wrong.

It might work better in Randoms, because there you can also win by doing damage alone, but... meh. I'd prefer if we would fix all the many issues first before we think about stuff like that. And if you want some feature to tell you how you played in a match, a simple "traffic light system" would be more than enough for a start - simply highlight important numbers on the end-screens in different colors. That would be both simple, easy to understand (even for the human bots) and always visible.

That already happens. Wn8 sabotages gameplay overall. There are always 1-2 players with average stats and above who want to farm dmg usually by camping even when top tier heavy   

View Postetody77, on 30 May 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

no

better implement frontline as random battle

What i i wanted was: maps 1.5 - 2.5 times bigger. Not maps 9 times bigger that lower the fps lol.  Wg went absolutely crazy with frontline...

I dont want to play with other 29 morons in the team . 14 are enough. Just make current maps a little more open and bigger

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35401 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSirGruut, on 30 May 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

I got inspired for this suggestion after reading about how someone got demotivated from a losing streak in randoms while something like that never happened in Frontline.

I think the reason losing in FL isn't an issue is because it doesn't matter - it doesn't affect your game stats and if you're credit grinding it has minimal impact - getting a high rank is what helps credits.

etody77 #9 Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61219 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO

View PostDosjer007, on 30 May 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

What i i wanted was: maps 1.5 - 2.5 times bigger. Not maps 9 times bigger that lower the fps lol.  Wg went absolutely crazy with frontline...

I dont want to play with other 29 morons in the team . 14 are enough. Just make current maps a little more open and bigger

View PostDosjer007, on 30 May 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

I forgott this

something like the maps from grand battles to be used in random for tier 8-10, ith 15 players in a team

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 30 May 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

I think the reason losing in FL isn't an issue is because it doesn't matter - it doesn't affect your game stats and if you're credit grinding it has minimal impact - getting a high rank is what helps credits.

Because in FL all tanks are same tier

CmdRatScabies #10 Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35401 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postetody77, on 30 May 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

Because in FL all tanks are same tier

No I think no one gets wound up (apart from some very special types) because the results aren't recorded.  It's a very casual, disposable mode that you can use to grind tanks / credits to improve your position in the other modes - bit like a PvE mode.

etody77 #11 Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61219 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 30 May 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

No I think no one gets wound up (apart from some very special types) because the results aren't recorded.  It's a very casual, disposable mode that you can use to grind tanks / credits to improve your position in the other modes - bit like a PvE mode.

I DeliaUngureanuont care about recorDeliaUngureanus anDeliaUngureanu stats, but i have seen many players shooting only golDeliaUngureanu in FL

The best thing in FL are not the bonuses giveDeliaUngureanu by ranks, but the fact that you can fight against same tier tanks only

this allo you to use much better stock tanks anDeliaUngureanu to DeliaUngureanuo something to help your team

_Sensation_ #12 Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6247 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI

The goal is winning?

X doubt

My teammates certainly do not have winning as their priority :trollface:

Ricky_Rolls #13 Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles
Just why...

Steffin #14 Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23473 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

Some people play for the win, some people play for wn8, some people play for xp.  We do not need another parameter that will create another goal in the game.

The reason people are not complaining about wining or losing in Frontline is because it doesnt matter at all whether you win or lose.  If WG would remove the xp penalty for losing randoms, people would stop complaining about losing streaks in randoms.

WindSplitter1 #15 Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14972 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 30 May 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Given my lastest comments, I don't wanna come off as a rear armour kisser but Jigabachi does have a valid point there..

There's no need to overcomplicate stuff when it comes to ranking. And the Exp filter in the team score already gives you a notion of who performed better and worse.

On the other hand, wouldn't you just prefer to have Frontline instead of Randoms in the first place? I mean, Frontline has enough space to make a NATO airbase with plenty of room to spare and then we have clusterfudges like Ensk where Tier X vehicles have to fight in...

Spurtung #16 Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:16 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60740 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
Would we also get to see the bar growing when shooting blinds? :hiding:

tankqull #17 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19604 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

would prefer the battle royale gas denying the outer parts of the map.

after 2 minutes every minute 10% of the map will be unusable, forcing those pesky redlinecampers to move on. would make maps like erlenberg alot more intresting if those forested ridgelines in the north and south would become unusable at some point. this would require movable cap points though but that should not be a problem...

Also tagged with Rank, frontline, random, courageous resistance, suggestion, feature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users