TK drowning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

iuytr #1 Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8919 battles

I just got pushed into a lake by a nutter in a heavy because I bumped into him. Not much I could do about it in my Hummel. But it didn't show up at the end of the battle as damage done by him? So drowning doesn't count as TK? I suppose it's not something easy to program. How about flipping someone onto their back? I guess that wouldn't count either.

Drone81 #2 Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20235 battles
  • [1VTD] 1VTD

View Postiuytr, on 30 May 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

I just got pushed into a lake by a nutter in a heavy because I bumped into him. Not much I could do about it in my Hummel. But it didn't show up at the end of the battle as damage done by him? So drowning doesn't count as TK? I suppose it's not something easy to program. How about flipping someone onto their back? I guess that wouldn't count either.

only thing you can do is create a ticket and include the replay as this goes beyond what the report system can do

Balc0ra #3 Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64316 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postiuytr, on 30 May 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

It does. But just as when you drown an enemy tank. You don't get his remaining HP credited as damage done. Thus it won't show as Team damage done. TK by drowning counts as TD. But as you need 3 hits to turn blue if you damage them, it don't count that many "hits". iirc drowning counts as one towards the total tally. 

As the reason it's not that strict is simply to prevent false bans. As the one touching him last gets the penalty. So even one trying to push past a HT on a bridge and falls off it as it's not wide enough, the HT gets blamed for it. And turning blue og banned for that instantly is not ideal either with a clean record. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 May 2018 - 01:47 PM.

iuytr #4 Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8919 battles

View PostDrone81, on 30 May 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

only thing you can do is create a ticket and include the replay as this goes beyond what the report system can do

I did have a go at that but none of the options I could see allowed me to submit a ticket. They all said to use the in game reporting system only. I'm not that bothered to be honest, I was more interested in the gap in the programming. It can record if you shoot someone or ram them, but something like this can't be monitored. I will remember that in future! :justwait:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users