• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #101 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16220 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostArchaean, on 30 May 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

It's really interesting that you actually except everyone around you to be on the same level as you. How many people have an IQ below the average and just some random information, there are quite a few people with an IQ of 80 and they live their lives too. It's for sure NOT a small portion of the populace of our world. 

This is a common problem of mine, I expect people to be as good as me........

Sadly.......

They are usually a lot better:trollface:

Denisian #102 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8523 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 31 May 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

This is a common problem of mine, I expect people to be as good as me........Sadly.......They are usually a lot better:trollface:

You have "raised" the bar way too high :hiding:

Long_Range_Sniper #103 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36918 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 31 May 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Would you look at that...my IQ is 92.8 :)

Yes, but it's lots of forklifts and they're very big, so you get to multiply your IQ by the number of forklifts. 

At least you're in the list. My first job after university isn't even listed.

Signal's question though is more to do with how I think people can make decisions under pressure, rather than their IQ.

I think you can distil success in the game down to a few basic things.

• Good dexterity - To move, position, aim and fire your tank.
  • Knowledge of game all mechanics (map design, view range, armour, crew skills, upgrades, camo etc etc)
  • Analytical skills to read a dynamic changing situation - The map!!!

Miss out one of those points and it doesn't matter how clever you are, you'll come across as dumb in game,

Enforcer1975 #104 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21568 battles

View Postshishx_who_is_rosa, on 31 May 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

I smell my own farts.

Sure those are not from your cat ?

NoobySkooby #105 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16220 battles
  • [S052] S052

View Postiztok, on 31 May 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

Hi!

> Why are people so dumb in this game?

It's a game, that costs nothing to play. So IMO most players just relax driving "steel monsters" around and smash stuff, even themselves, without any real consequence.

Y'know, some people take WoT as a game. Shocking, eh? :)

BR,  Iztok

Well said, for some if they have had hard day at the office or where they may work, or whatever they may do, to load aup a game and the drive around and blast the crapout of anything that moves, (well if it is red) it must be awesome stress relief, or maybe a way to get away from the nagging wife, either way it serves it's purpose, it is fun.

Throw into the mix that some people might be a bit intoxicated, and are still after their fun fix, then things can go a bit awry.

This is not a chess tournament, it is a mere PC war game in one of many in various formats, certainly people do not come here be judged on stats, or even really care a crapabout stats, the ones who obsess over it, they are the ones with the real problem.

Stats do NOT tell all, they do not tell if you took a shot for a teammate, helped defend a flank or at least helped hold out a flank, delaying the other team, they do not tell if you went to the correct position, and did the right thing only to find the rest of your team melts.

Nope Stats tell very little, the way to learn is to play, and play what ever tier you can, yes you can watch gameplays, replays, and any stream you care to think of, but i prefer to play the game than watch Youtube all day.

NoobySkooby #106 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16220 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 31 May 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

Yes, but it's lots of forklifts and they're very big, so you get to multiply your IQ by the number of forklifts. 

Signal's question though is more to do with how I think people can make decisions under pressure, rather than their IQ.

• Knowledge of game all mechanics (map design, view range, armour, crew skills, upgrades, camo etc etc)

Miss out one of those points and it doesn't matter how clever you are, you'll come across as dumb in game,

I have played with players of 60%+ wn8, that does not mean they win automatically neither does it stop them from doing questionable things, also what percentage of the whole WoT's player base actually come here on the forums?

Just about every player who i have played with, has said to me screw the forums, I wonder why that is?

This is merely just an observation I have seen in the one year i have been playing the game, why WG states I have been playing since 2011 is quite beyond me as it is simply an untruth.

DracheimFlug #107 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9984 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 31 May 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Translation: Some people have fun being stupid?

Weird Al does!

CmdRatScabies #108 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38493 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 31 May 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

So.....I'm smarter than a psychologist(so,no need to visit one of those in the future)  http://anepigone.blo...mated-from.html and dumber than a school principal. One of the smartest people I know is a postman, I asked him why he doesn't get a job in computers or coding, he said he didn't want to lose his hobby.

Apparently my dentist is smarter than a Nuclear Physicist.  And I thought he was just a money grabbing little ......

Element6 #109 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31216 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 31 May 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

Well, I drive 3.5T, 7T, 16T forklifts and a 45T reachstacker from time to time, so 4 in total :)

Yes, I guess that is the essence of signal's question, and even though I can probably elaborate rather well on the bulletpoints if sitting in a room having a discussion, I brainfart rather regularly when it comes to thinking of them all while in a battle.

Judging by the feedback I get from people around me over time, after 20 years behind the wheel of a forklift, I am something of a real life unicum in those, so there's that. Drivers are often vary of their vehicle, especially for accidents where they get damaged by a muppet in a forklift, and some tell me that I am one of relatively few people they allow to load/unload their vehicle without them being present, and they say I am extremely time effective.

Can't be good at everything in life, so average tanker it is.

8126Jakobsson #110 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 77193 battles

View Postsignal11th, on 30 May 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

Where did I mention measuring all intelligence types when I specifically said "in this game" Show me a firewall I'm the man, show me a car engine I haven't got the foggiest. 

You're a firefighter? Hey that's pretty cool. 

Jabba_The_Mutt #111 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5113 battles
My job isn't even on the list, while the guy that repairs the equipment for it, is..... I can't really figure out what that that means for my IQ:confused:

Simeon85 #112 Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

Despite all WG's attempts to dumb it down, this game still has a learning curve and is quite hard to master.

It has elements of an FPS (so good hand eye co-ordination, reflexes, fast decision making and situational awareness are needed albeit at a slower pace then your average FPS) but also more tactical elements also play a role, particularly around reading the map and flow of battle, plus some knowledge is needed, and people have to do some research to get that knowledge and thenhave a good memory to know about the characteristics of over 400 different tanks.

Enforcer1975 #113 Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21568 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 31 May 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Despite all WG's attempts to dumb it down, this game still has a learning curve and is quite hard to master.

It has elements of an FPS (so good hand eye co-ordination, reflexes, fast decision making and situational awareness are needed albeit at a slower pace then your average FPS) but also more tactical elements also play a role, particularly around reading the map and flow of battle, plus some knowledge is needed, and people have to do some research to get that knowledge and thenhave a good memory to know about the characteristics of over 400 different tanks.

I had a game on El Halluf yesterday. I was heading to the HT corner in my 4005 because why not. The moment i reached the crossroad before the corner a balanced 268 4 already got around our side of the corner and i could get into cover before he spotted me too. 

I told arty "Please blindshot the corner, 268 4 sitting there". No reaction. 

Then a T28 prot. drives past me and gets hit.

Then the player asks me why i didn't warm him....

The Bobject was obviously spotted on the minimap and information has been shared about his presence yet one guy..... How does one call that?

Simeon85 #114 Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 31 May 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

I had a game on El Halluf yesterday. I was heading to the HT corner in my 4005 because why not. The moment i reached the crossroad before the corner a balanced 268 4 already got around our side of the corner and i could get into cover before he spotted me too. 

I told arty "Please blindshot the corner, 268 4 sitting there". No reaction. 

Then a T28 prot. drives past me and gets hit.

Then the player asks me why i didn't warm him....

The Bobject was obviously spotted on the minimap and information has been shared about his presence yet one guy..... How does one call that?

That is like when you see a tank go forward and gets like one shot by a JpE100 or 183 (that has been spotted in that position before), then 30 seconds later, another of your teammates just does the same thing, then a third follows it. 

Awareness, reading the mini-map, following what is happening in the battle, I'd reckon 90% of players do none of those things. 

jabster #115 Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12660 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNoobySkooby, on 31 May 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

Stats do NOT tell all, they do not tell if you took a shot for a teammate, helped defend a flank or at least helped hold out a flank, delaying the other team, they do not tell if you went to the correct position, and did the right thing only to find the rest of your team melts.

Nope Stats tell very little, the way to learn is to play, and play what ever tier you can, yes you can watch gameplays, replays, and any stream you care to think of, but i prefer to play the game than watch Youtube all day.

Stats may not tell all but to say they tell very little is just wrong. So those examples they you gave that aren’t rewarded in ‘stats’, well yes they are and that will be your win-rate.

Rati_Festa #116 Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 49078 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
The map designs in a lot of cases accentuate the lack of game knowledge in this game, they are littered with noob traps mostly occupied by high alpha tds.

No matter what IQ I personally think game/skill from a tactical point of view can be measured by the class of tank people play with low at arty then td, heavy, med and light being the most challenging hardest.

Ive thought many times about posting what Signal posted, playing on wot doesn't paint a very good picture of the average humans/troglodytes map reading or logic skills. The amount of times I gave seen 4 tds clicking a map wanting vision but not one of them doesnt bite the bullet and go spot is scary.

Edited by Rati_Festa, 31 May 2018 - 11:35 AM.

Enforcer1975 #117 Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21568 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 31 May 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

That is like when you see a tank go forward and gets like one shot by a JpE100 or 183 (that has been spotted in that position before), then 30 seconds later, another of your teammates just does the same thing, then a third follows it. 

Awareness, reading the mini-map, following what is happening in the battle, I'd reckon 90% of players do none of those things. 

Yeah...some a lot of  players seem to play the game with the "Not spotted, not there" mentality. After playing the same maps over and over again you would think that they should know better by now. 

The typical WoT boboon...coming back for more... :facepalm:

Edited by Enforcer1975, 31 May 2018 - 11:44 AM.

Simeon85 #118 Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

This is also a playerbase that supposedly more than half have never even opened the options. 

I mean you see it occasionally when one of 'these sort of players' flukes a replay that gets onto youtube and they have this horrible crew, equipment and consumable set ups on their tanks, like camo net on a heavy, or the people that flat out refuse to carry one single round of premium ammo, or just shoot HE all the time.

I remember this one game where I died after doing an ok game in a paper medium (like 3k or something), whilst a platoon mate was having a heroic game in the Mauschen, ended up with like over 7k damage and like 10k blocked, but we lost the game because an O-Ho had got on the cap, this O-Ho had 400 hit points and we had a full hit points VK-A there to defend the cap, and this VK-A player just drove up to the O-Ho and repeatedly bounced his AP rounds of the front armour. He either didn't carry an premium rounds or refused to use them and didn't at all try to go round the O-Ho (even thought the Vk-A is decently mobile) so the O-ho killed this guy from full HP with his derp gun, obviously not penning, so was doing like 300 damage per shot with his 20s reload and then just capped out because my Mauschen buddy couldn't get back fast enough to cap out.

You have to wonder how many players out there severely hamper their chances of doing anything in game by just setting up their tanks badly. Like when you play people in premium tanks and their reload seems really long and you realise they haven't used a rammer. 

Edited by Simeon85, 31 May 2018 - 11:52 AM.

ValkyrionX #119 Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50816 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS

no one knows why ppl is so stupid or toxic in this game..yesterday i was playing on my amx 30b on redshire (full tier X random battle) ..my team was losing after 5 minutes of game and a guy from a top clan (dead in the first 2 minutes on his stupid bobjekt 268 v4) was insulting me and the ally team on the team chat with a lot of bad words and judging my wn8 (what a stupid mod)...at the end of the game i was the first in my team with almost 6000 of dmg and the toxic player with 2500 or less..he continued insulting me also after the battle via pvt msg...blocked list +1

:)

Jigabachi #120 Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNoobySkooby, on 31 May 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Stats do not tell you everything, that is correct. But everything you listed leads - when it works and when something like "helping to defend a flank" is really what is needed in that situation - to a higher winrate and is thus very well visible in the stats.

What is NOT visible are completely other things that don't have much to do with the game itself: They don't show if you are an old guy who plays this game because he is interested in history, or because he lived in a time after or even in the war where this whole setting was still deeply rooted in peoples minds or daily lifes. They don't show if you are disabled or otherwise limited in certain fields. They don't show if you play the game via bongo-drum-data-submission on a computerized speaking Barby doll.

THAT is the kind of stuff that doesn't show.

Block Quote

Now you are completely wrong. The only reason you say that is because you have bad stats. It's an argument based on ignorance and butthurt. We got that kind of nonsense since the very start of the game. And that mindset also keeps you from improving, because you lie to yourself.

Just as an example: In your Skorpion you hit one shot every two matches. Tell us your excuse as to why the stats are like that and what they don't show us.

btw: I'd also like to point out the irony of this regarding the subject of the thread.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users