Goldnoob's credit balance after patch?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Murro_the_One #1 Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33242 battles

What is the real difference of removing option to buy noob-ammo for gold? is there  point in game where noob will run out of credits?

I mean, in past, total noob could spam gold all day long if he just payed enough money.

Now the prem ammo can be bought by silver but is it a change? all premium noobs pay for premium account, premium consumables etc and even the ammo is for silver, they have lot of credits from their prem account and prem tanks.

I still see full goldnoob loadout in tier10 matches and if such person has low winrate, is there a point in the game where he will run out of credits if he is full goldnoob (account, tanks etc..)

don't get me wrong here, I love how you rich kids pay for the pixels, just curious if there is change in this topic.

Sfinski #2 Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30190 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Can't buy ammo with gold? Buy credits with gold. Nothing has changed. 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63404 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well FL kinda made that plan useless with all the credit farming there. 

But their "idea" when they announced this according to the patch video they put up. Was to balance it out by draining the gold ammo depot of players that actually bought it with CW gold etc. But something tells me it's not gonna make much of a difference once that is empty. 

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22217 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostMurro_the_One, on 30 May 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

What is the real difference of removing option to buy noob-ammo for gold? is there  point in game where noob will run out of credits?

I mean, in past, total noob could spam gold all day long if he just payed enough money.

Now the prem ammo can be bought by silver but is it a change? all premium noobs pay for premium account, premium consumables etc and even the ammo is for silver, they have lot of credits from their prem account and prem tanks.

I still see full goldnoob loadout in tier10 matches and if such person has low winrate, is there a point in the game where he will run out of credits if he is full goldnoob (account, tanks etc..)

don't get me wrong here, I love how you rich kids pay for the pixels, just curious if there is change in this topic.

If you spam Gold without doing damage, you will go broke fairly quick. I don't know of anyone that spams gold ammo all day long, now or in the past.

Some players do spam gold ammo at T10 but many will have to drop back to lower tiers to make up the credits...even with a premium account.

Be thankful that some pay for premium, etc....without them you wouldn't have a F2P game to enjoy/suffer. try not to be jealous because you either can't afford premium or have no access to a method of paying.

Blubba #5 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51976 battles
Except now, with new MM template, you are 'encouraged' to use even more. How convenient.....

Megatron_77 #6 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18815 battles

View PostMurro_the_One, on 30 May 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

why cry so much about prem shells/consumables/account? looking for excuses for still being bad after 5 years? or?

CircleOfSorrow #7 Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28716 battles
This has to be bad quality bait.

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22217 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostMegatron_77, on 30 May 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

why cry so much about prem shells/consumables/account? looking for excuses for still being bad after 5 years? or?

I think the last line in his post tells a lot about his thinking, to think that only 'rich kids' pay in F2P games shows how tight money is for some people.

Most likely the same mentality that smokes 20 a day and buys slabs of Dutch Gold but won't dream of 'wasting' money by dropping a few quid on a game they enjoy every now and again.

HassenderZerhacker #9 Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23907 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

I wondered the same just to come to the conclusion that there wasn't really any change.

I guess WG wants the playerbase to consider premium ammo as being just expensive & better rounds that are just part of the game and should not be considered pay-to-win, so they try to remove the gold noob aspect of it by making it credits only.

It's completely in line with their other cheap manipulations.

Argedeava #10 Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27392 battles
  • [WODR] WODR

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 May 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

Be thankful that some pay for premium, etc....without them you wouldn't have a F2P game to enjoy/suffer. try not to be jealous because you either can't afford premium or have no access to a method of paying.

The game originally appeared only after some payed in advance. It was born out of money and it basically breaths money. Is basically a miracle.

PS WG already stated that it will take time to evaluate the measure from last patch. My guess is it will take a lot of time.

Edited by Argedeava, 31 May 2018 - 04:56 AM.

peekakilla #11 Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9386 battles
:great:

TankkiPoju #12 Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:24 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

WG said they removed "gold shells" so they can change ammo system later: If people actually bought premium shells with gold, they might complain if their precious gold shells are changed. Well that's the official explanation anyway.

Maybe you should try that pay to win full goldnoob ammo, and see if it makes you into a super unicum. Give it a go.

Murro_the_One #13 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33242 battles

View PostMegatron_77, on 30 May 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

you nailed it. im bad and looking for excuses...nope.

it has something with pay2win and fair play but that would wg payingly addicted customer not understand

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 30 May 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

I think the last line in his post tells a lot about his thinking, to think that only 'rich kids' pay in F2P games shows how tight money is for some people.

Most likely the same mentality that smokes 20 a day and buys slabs of Dutch Gold but won't dream of 'wasting' money by dropping a few quid on a game they enjoy every now and again.

next Jordan Peterson here I see.

my comment about rich kids was  to balance the post so it would not look completely based agains premiums.

thing is, I spent my share on this game and I have my premium tanks so the last thing you can do is to accuse me of freeloading.

why I don't to it anymore is that I believe it is partial pay2win model (the debate has been here many times, not gonna argue with you what kind of p2w it is) and WG got lot of players addicted to it so they don't even see difference between playing with or without premium stuff, but whatever

View PostTankkiPoju, on 31 May 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

Maybe you should try that pay to win full goldnoob ammo, and see if it makes you into a super unicum. Give it a go.

yes, this classic premium apologist argument. no noob will become unicum just because he shoots gold

that's just wrong. what is however right is that, speaking about gold ammo, it provide you with possibility to go the "cheap" way, without trying hard to get damage and kill tanks much faster.

Noob, without any knowledge or abilitites to del with the situation just loads gold and goes straight trough the turret of sidescraping tank, because he can. Pro player does the same but he could do it differently and he is capable, but why to bother? just load gold.

so yes, prem ammo is clear pay2win mechanic as you get big advantage with no downsides over your opponents. (if they changed to that prem ammo would have +20% pen and -20% dmg, I would be more than happy)

Edited by Murro_the_One, 31 May 2018 - 07:18 AM.

HundeWurst #14 Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:34 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67717 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Their reasoning behind this was to drain the stockpile of ammo some people might have bought with actual gold.

Now it will only take them another 2 years to balance out the prem ammo.

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View PostMurro_the_One, on 31 May 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

yes, this classic premium apologist argument. no noob will become unicum just because he shoots gold

Well, you are presenting the classic baddie apologist arguments. BTW It doesn't exactly make people "rich kids" if they can afford the 10 euros or so for a monthly WoT subscription. 

Anyway you already got the answer to your original question, so case closed.

CircleOfSorrow #16 Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28716 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 31 May 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Well, you are presenting the classic baddie apologist arguments. BTW It doesn't exactly make people "rich kids" if they can afford the 10 euros or so for a monthly WoT subscription. 

Anyway you already got the answer to your original question, so case closed.

10 euros?!  I paid 4 euros a month at Xmas.  That would feed 4 African families and send their eldest to university.

8126Jakobsson #17 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 61830 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 31 May 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

10 euros?!  I paid 4 euros a month at Xmas.  That would feed 4 African families and send their eldest to university.

That can't be right. Africa is by far the richest country continent in the wold. Surely that would reflect on their living expenses.  

BravelyRanAway #18 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22217 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostMurro_the_One, on 31 May 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

my comment about rich kids was  to balance the post so it would not look completely based agains premiums.

So....you made something up in your head to balance an argument, carry on putting pointless down......see if you can fit aliens and Putin in to top it off.

TheR3dBaron #19 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33661 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

In CW, people often drive with premium ammo only. I've had many games where my batchat 25t got shot in the tracks with heat ammo. Heat is usually fun to pen heavily armoured tanks by shooting them in the face, but it's situational. Autloaders who can't carry many shells do have a dilemma. I think the AMX 13 90 is the only one I've been playing with full gold as I really hated the gun on it.

Gremlin182 #20 Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45641 battles

I might have expected the gold ammo premium ammo argument to continue even after removing the actual gold part.

This ammo existed a tank game should have a range of ammunition types there is a more realistic argument to be made against HE use than there is against APCR HEAT HESH etc those actually were used against tanks.

The fact that they are 4 or 5 times the cost of a standard AP shell to some extent represents their scarcity and or expensive production costs compared to standard AP.

The usual argument is they remove skill as in when I play my tank perfectly hide the vulnerable bits angle just right someone will either use premium ammo or an SPG will blast me its not right.

Well maybe but that's the argument used by the French Knights at Agincourt they had all this expensive armour that made them immune to swords and could ride right over a foot soldier and what happens.

The English come up with the bodkin arrow point that lets them penetrate that armour at 300 years, its so unfair.

Its an argument that didn't work back in 1415 and still doesn't

Pretty sure allied tankers were upset that the Germans useing an anti aircraft gun to destroy their tanks was also unfair.

German king tiger crews were probably not that keen on the idea of rocket firing typhoons blowing up their fantastic tanks.

A tank that is undergunned in a battle needs to use premium to offset the current +2 mm the top 3 tiered tanks in a battle must expect this to happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users