• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Orin95 #1 Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14230 battles
  • [YUMMY] YUMMY

Dear Administrators!

Please do something with the penalty system, because it doesn't wrok! Or if you are unable tod do anything, then give fame points for technical victories... Today we lost more than 200 poinst until now, because enemy did not joined the battle... 200 points are lots for us. I am waiting your answear, and the comensation.

I have no idea, why fo technical victories doesn't get fame points, because we were there. We had no choice, who we are go against, so this is very unfair...

This is total abnormal...

Posted Image

_CrownVictoria_ #2 Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24291 battles
  • [REBLS] REBLS
Never played clan wars / Campaign before kid? 

Corruption_Clan #3 Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45430 battles
Its a bit crap when this happens but its also not fun when the enemy tankers just join the battle then leave straight away so when you spot the enemy they all just sat in base afk :)

StinkyStonky #4 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26977 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

Technical victories a bullsheet.

Yesterday we were on of 32 clans going for a land.

First battle no show.

So we (clan and players) get nothing ... but we do get credited with an outstanding performance and so in the next round get matched up against the highest ELO clan in the remaining 16.  We were probably in the bottom 3rd, certainly the bottom half.  So instead of getting 2 or 3 battles before we lose we get steam rolled on our first game and get NOTHING in the way of fame points.

Why is turning up vs a No Show treated as an outstanding victory ? 

Geno1isme #5 Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41469 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostStinkyStonky, on 04 June 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Why is turning up vs a No Show treated as an outstanding victory ? 

It isn't. ELO matching happens only in the first round of a tournament, subsequent rounds are matched by closest XP results. As a technical victory gives 0 XP, you're matched against the next lowest XP result.

StinkyStonky #6 Posted 04 June 2018 - 02:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26977 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View PostGeno1isme, on 04 June 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

As a technical victory gives 0 XP, you're matched against the next lowest XP result.

So you're suggesting that the highest ELO clan in the last 16 got the lowest XP result of the other 15 winners ?  Seems unlikely.  More likely that although 0 XP was awarded a technical victory is the fastest victory achievable and so, for the purpose of match up in the next round, counts as the highest XP, not the lowest.

This is bad not only for the clan that gets steam rolled, it also gives a very easy match for the best team which isn't fair all the other teams.

Keyhand #7 Posted 04 June 2018 - 02:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 59693 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostStinkyStonky, on 04 June 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

This is bad not only for the clan that gets steam rolled, it also gives a very easy match for the best team which isn't fair all the other teams.

Tell that to the best clans having to fight each other in the first round of every tournament

Corruption_Clan #8 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45430 battles
2 Technical victories in a row :)

eldrak #9 Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46578 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

View PostStinkyStonky, on 04 June 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

So you're suggesting that the highest ELO clan in the last 16 got the lowest XP result of the other 15 winners ?  Seems unlikely.  More likely that although 0 XP was awarded a technical victory is the fastest victory achievable and so, for the purpose of match up in the next round, counts as the highest XP, not the lowest.

The best clan had a BYE in the first round. That's why you have to fight them if you get a technical victory.

StinkyStonky #10 Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26977 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View PostKeyhand, on 04 June 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Tell that to the best clans having to fight each other in the first round of every tournament

Sorry, are GO-IN after some sympathy ?  :harp:

_Crusad3r_ #11 Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29124 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostStinkyStonky, on 04 June 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

Technical victories give 0 xp because you never fought a battle - i.e no XP was earned. (I mean I thought a 5 year old could figure that out but hey apparently not eh?) So with 0xp you will either get matched up against a clan with 0xp or the clan that won a battle and got the lowest amount of XP in the bracket - close games give higher xp usually, steam rolls give less and capping even less so go away with your tin foil hat theory and actually read the rules and regulations for once in your life then you might understand what you're actually doing on the global map....

View PostStinkyStonky, on 07 June 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Sorry, are GO-IN after some sympathy ?  :harp:

Well at least GO-IN will get rewards from this campaign eh? ;)

Also you've played 34 battles with a 47% w/r while GO-IN have played nearly 300 with over 70 w/r :harp:

Edited by _Crusad3r_, 08 June 2018 - 09:57 AM.

StinkyStonky #12 Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26977 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 08 June 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

(I mean I thought a 5 year old could figure that out but hey apparently not eh?) 

Can't you even read ?  Or did you not even bother?  Why are you bothering to type a reply when you can't even read and understand the posts in this thread?

Nowhere in this entire thread has it ever been suggested that technical victories gives XP.  It's completely obvious to everyone that is the case, so why are you questioning it ?  Are you just trolling for the fun of it ?

So with 0xp you will either get matched up against a clan with 0xp or the clan that won a battle and got the lowest amount of XP in the bracket 

Finally you've switched on one or two brain cells and you're getting close to the crux of the problem (a bug).

In your first case, "a clan with 0xp", that's either another no show or more likely, the top ELO clan in the whole group who got a by due to an odd number of teams.

So following a no show there is a high likelihood of getting matched against the top ELO clan in the group.  This IS what happened to us.  One of the lowest ELO clans in the group (us) got matched against the HIGHEST in the group.  The ONLY way that could happen when all clans play is if we had achieved one of the 2 highest match performances.  So "wining" a no show results in the same outcome as one of the 2 best performances.

Geez.  Talking to you is like pulling teeth.  Everything needs to be explained so carefully to get around your wilful ignorance.

Well at least GO-IN will get rewards from this campaign eh? ;)

So you agree with me then, they don't deserve or need any sympathy.

Also you've played 34 battles with a 47% w/r while GO-IN have played nearly 300 with over 70 w/r :harp:

So what ?  You want to turn this into an ePeen willy waving competition ?

Alright, lets do that.  I'll cherry pick a few stats.  I suspect that  I :-

1) Earn more money that 95% of GO-IN.

2) Have more children than 75% of them.

3) Have been married longer that 80% of them.

4) Have higher academic qualifications that 90% of them.

5) Am taller than 55% of them.

6) Weigh less than 65% of them.

And here's the contentious one ...

7) Enjoy WoT more than 85% of them.

But at the end of the day, none of that really matters, especially the completely irrelevant stat that you quoted. 

_Crusad3r_ #13 Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29124 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostStinkyStonky, on 08 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Can't you even read ?  Or did you not even bother?  Why are you bothering to type a reply when you can't even read and understand the posts in this thread?

Nowhere in this entire thread has it ever been suggested that technical victories gives XP.  It's completely obvious to everyone that is the case, so why are you questioning it ?  Are you just trolling for the fun of it ?

Finally you've switched on one or two brain cells and you're getting close to the crux of the problem (a bug).

In your first case, "a clan with 0xp", that's either another no show or more likely, the top ELO clan in the whole group who got a by due to an odd number of teams.

So following a no show there is a high likelihood of getting matched against the top ELO clan in the group.  This IS what happened to us.  One of the lowest ELO clans in the group (us) got matched against the HIGHEST in the group.  The ONLY way that could happen when all clans play is if we had achieved one of the 2 highest match performances.  So "wining" a no show results in the same outcome as one of the 2 best performances.

Geez.  Talking to you is like pulling teeth.  Everything needs to be explained so carefully to get around your wilful ignorance.

Suck it up and get over it - you're gonna get more points anyway against higher elo clans if you actually try and win (: Also I doubt you're meeting that many clans on the basic front - most of the good clans are on advanced or elite front where you actually get a decent amount of points per battle. 

So you agree with me then, they don't deserve or need any sympathy.

That's assuming that Keyhand was expecting sympathy in the first place? As it is GO-IN meets clans like MVPS, FAME, CSA every single night and have to fight against them - so I think he is just saying its not like you have it bad -  you get at least one battle against a clan of your "skill" just like GO-IN does....

So what ?  You want to turn this into an ePeen willy waving competition ?

Alright, lets do that.  I'll cherry pick a few stats.  I suspect that  I :-

1) Earn more money that 95% of GO-IN. By all means provide proof (:

2) Have more children than 75% of them. And this is relevant to tanks in what way?

3) Have been married longer that 80% of them. Relevant to tanks?

4) Have higher academic qualifications that 90% of them. Possibly to do with the fact that you're considerably older than quite a few players in GO-IN but again doesn't really mean anything in WoT does it?

5) Am taller than 55% of them. What are you gonna do in CW against them? Stand on them? I mean come the f*ck on....how is this relevant to my point of their battles played and w/r in a campaign....

6) Weigh less than 65% of them. Your point being? I still fail to see how being lighter than them means anything x)

And here's the contentious one ...

7) Enjoy WoT more than 85% of them. Wow one point that is actually relevant to tanks? Then again it has nothing to do with the campaign (:

But at the end of the day, none of that really matters, especially the completely irrelevant stat that you quoted. 

"IRRELEVANT"

Spoiler

Oh yes - my stat I pulled up in 1 minute is "irrelevant"

StinkyStonky #14 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26977 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 08 June 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

By all means provide proof

Take a look at what I wrote ...  "I suspect that I Earn more money that 95% of GO-IN."  The proof is my statement.  I can categorically assure you that I do suspect that.

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 08 June 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

And this is relevant to tanks in what way?

Relevant to tanks?

Wow one point that is actually relevant to tanks? Then again it has nothing to do with the campaign (:

What's the title of this thread again "PENALTY SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK".  The thread isn't about tanks in general, it's not about this campaign specifically and it has absolutely nothing to do with GO-IN, H5VOC or the profitability of playing in different fronts.

This thread is about how No Shows are handled and what the consequences are to the clan that suffers one.

So my arbitrary set of irrelevant guesses are just as pertinent as your completely meaningless and irrelevant clan comparison stat.  It's the kind of crap you should expect if your argument ultimately boils down to "Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but that other clan over there has better stats than you so nerr, nerr, naa, nerr, nerr."

_Crusad3r_ #15 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29124 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostStinkyStonky, on 08 June 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Take a look at what I wrote ...  "I suspect that I Earn more money that 95% of GO-IN."  The proof is my statement.  I can categorically assure you that I do suspect that.

Since when did a sentence become proof? 

What's the title of this thread again "PENALTY SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK".  The thread isn't about tanks in general, it's not about this campaign specifically and it has absolutely nothing to do with GO-IN, H5VOC or the profitability of playing in different fronts.

This thread is about how No Shows are handled and what the consequences are to the clan that suffers one.

So my arbitrary set of irrelevant guesses are just as pertinent as your completely meaningless and irrelevant clan comparison stat.  It's the kind of crap you should expect if your argument ultimately boils down to "Yeah but, yeah but, yeah but that other clan over there has better stats than you so nerr, nerr, naa, nerr, nerr."

Apart from the fact that this has been how CW has worked for god knows how long now....people have just grown up and accepted it and that its not gonna change because how are you gonna balance it? Oh yeah lets give free fame points to clans that don't have to fight battles and as for XP its pretty much luck of the draw on how the other clans play.

StinkyStonky #16 Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26977 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 08 June 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

Since when did a sentence become proof?

That's all the proof that you can ever get for an opinion.  If Keyhand had said "StinkyStonky thinks that apples are nicer than oranges" and you asked him to "prove it", then what he would have to so is get me to testify that I do IN FACT believe that apples are nicer than oranges.  That would be his proof ... my testimony.

And I've given you that ... my testimony.  I can assure you that I do IN FACT suspect that I earn more than money than 95% of GO-IN.  Did you spot the fact there.  "My suspicion" is the fact and my stating it is all the proof that is possible.

because how are you gonna balance it 

I don't agree with the OP's view that clans should get XP for a technical victory.  I can see many issues with this, so it appears we agree on that aspect.

My post was about the subsequent consequence, namely the high likelihood that the "winner" of a no show then gets matched against the highest ELO clan in the previous round.  This does happen, it did happen to us and it has been reported by others in these forums.

this has been how CW has worked for god knows how long now....people have just grown up and accepted it and that its not gonna change

I'm a software developer by profession and so I'm intolerant of bugs and don't accept that they can't be fixed.  The fact that they've been tolerated for a long time changes little.  If anything it raises the bug's priority.  Having said that, my post in this thread was a show of empathy to the OP, not an attempt to get WG to fix the bug.  The devs don't read these forums !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users