Jump to content


Frontline zone C attack strategy

frontline zone c strategy

  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

TheR3dBaron #1 Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 33629 battles
  • 2,926
  • [REMY] REMY
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

In a few topics, I've seen a few people complaining how difficult it is to take Zone C as an attacker. Personally, I think it's rather easy, but it does require coordination, or maybe some platooning. So here are my two cents.

 

 

Phase 1

At the start, the attackers should initially move to positions 1.

Right side: a few vehicles to overlook position c in the white rectangle. Can be some paper TD's (maximum 2 tanks)

Middle: I like to take my Patriot there behind the rock, which can support rectangle c as well. (2 to 3 tanks max)

Left 1: take control over the bridge which is the most important area in C. If you lose control over the bridge, you will have hard time capping, getting shot from above (at least 6 tanks, possibly 7).

 

If everything else fails, the main target is to take the bridge in the initial phase.

 

Phase 2

One hull down tank with gun depression can cross the bridge to overlook the cap circle and provide support on rectangle b.

 

The main force, which took control of the bridge, should now push towards yellow rectangle a, to shoot anything preventing us to cap in the blue circle. Tanks from position 1 in the middle can now move in the cap near the blue circle, using cover from the rock to the right so tanks from rectangle c can't fire on the cap position.

 

Depending on where the opponents are, there is also a rock to the north of the blue cap circle which provides cover from the b rectangle. That should do the trick to cap C.

 

If you don't see the bridge getting secured, you could move to the bottom left corner of C and provide support to the back of B for a fast cap, hoping some guys from B will go to zone C afterwards near their repair point.

 

What do you think? Are their other strategies?



Nethraniel #2 Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12078 battles
  • 1,217
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Don't let the defenders take the hill and get some strong firepower at the east flank in position. Should do. Sadly, almost never happens with random teams.

Edited by Nethraniel, 01 June 2018 - 11:53 AM.


Steiner011 #3 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37121 battles
  • 1,307
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012

You are forgetting one or 2 tanks with good gun dep which hug the eastern side of mountain , just merely 40m behind cap zone. Thats where my Patriot/Caern/Centurion can and will kill anything that caps , without being in danger to get shot from above.

 

Good thread , discuss.



Nethraniel #4 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12078 battles
  • 1,217
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostSteiner011, on 01 June 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

You are forgetting one or 2 tanks with good gun dep which hug the eastern side of mountain , just merely 40m behind cap zone. Thats where my Patriot/Caern/Centurion can and will kill anything that caps , without being in danger to get shot from above.

 

Good thread , discuss.

 

That's why you need strong firepower on the southern part of that c (small c) zone, OP painted in the map. From there you can hit these hull down guys from the side.

TheR3dBaron #5 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 33629 battles
  • 2,926
  • [REMY] REMY
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

View PostSteiner011, on 01 June 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

You are forgetting one or 2 tanks with good gun dep which hug the eastern side of mountain , just merely 40m behind cap zone. Thats where my Patriot/Caern/Centurion can and will kill anything that caps , without being in danger to get shot from above.

 

Good thread , discuss.

 

You mean from the defending team? That's actually the role of the tanks who are coming from the bridge towards rectangle 2a. They are supposed to clear those tanks by shooting them in the back side. Once they are distracted and get support, they can get help from the cap and/or bridge position.



Steiner011 #6 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37121 battles
  • 1,307
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012

View PostTheR3dBaron, on 01 June 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

 

You mean from the defending team? That's actually the role of the tanks who are coming from the bridge towards rectangle 2a. They are supposed to clear those tanks by shooting them in the back side. Once they are distracted and get support, they can get help from the cap and/or bridge position.

 

I was advocating from defenders point of view, yes. We cannot be killed easily , only by 3 methods:  1. if attackers push really hard to rectangle 2a ( mind you , they can be countered merely just by ppl coming to hot zone from respawning in the back , 2. attackers sniping from back with good pen , 3. artied to death ofc.

TheR3dBaron #7 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 33629 battles
  • 2,926
  • [REMY] REMY
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013
They can be countered, true. That's why the top let corner of rectangle "a" is probably the best position to move to. As soon as the clean up of that position has started, the tanks in the middle position need to start the cap process so the enemy has to choose.

Tr0gledyte #8 Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18596 battles
  • 1,363
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

Step 1. Pick Defender with engineering.

Step 2. Rush to cap circle.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit



Browarszky #9 Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:30 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 15099 battles
  • 3,020
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
As OP and others pointed out, C is difficult to cap unless you can support cap from both flanks. It becomes increasingly difficult when most on the attacking team start campin in the southern part of the map and actually seem to wait for the defenders to respawn.

Owi #10 Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15227 battles
  • 40
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011

C is total stuiped gameplay.- dont know what kind kiddomind are on wargaming decieds to have a spwankilling area within the game but this is stuiped.. attackers cant repair and getting spwankilled while defenders can easly defend that repairpoint .. this is totaly unbalanced if defenders cant get into that. And that happends to much. Also if so for C there is no point getting a break until other zones are furter away to get support but unless that you have what 5-10 min spwankilling with no progress.. totaly fuckup who ever is attacking and happy spwankilling crapincl. xp and damge for defenders.

 

This realy needs to change.. simple giv the Attacks atlast a fair 1. repair point .. not 2. repair points for defenders


Edited by Owi, 01 June 2018 - 01:35 PM.


Browarszky #11 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 15099 battles
  • 3,020
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostOwi, on 01 June 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

C is total stuiped gameplay.- dont know what kind kiddomind are on wargaming decieds to have a spwankilling area within the game but this is stuiped.. attackers cant repair and getting spwankilled while defenders can easly defend that repairpoint .. this is totaly unbalanced if defenders cant get into that. And that happends to much. Also if so for C there is no point getting a break until other zones are furter away to get support but unless that you have what 5-10 min spwankilling with no progress.. totaly fuckup who ever is attacking and happy spwankilling crapincl. xp and damge for defenders.

 

This realy needs to change.. simple giv the Attacks atlast a fair 1. repair point .. not 2. repair points for defenders

 

At this point, if the defenders get to gate all the exits from the spawn area plus take shots at the spawn from top of the east rock, there is very little you can do. Only seen the attackers break the gridlock once. More likely your best choice is to start spawning elsewhere and push the other two zones as fast as you can hoping that many many camping defenders stay on C waiting for more targets to spawn...

Simeon85 #12 Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 1,741
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostTheR3dBaron, on 01 June 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

In a few topics, I've seen a few people complaining how difficult it is to take Zone C as an attacker. Personally, I think it's rather easy, but it does require coordination, or maybe some platooning. So here are my two cents.

 

 

Phase 1

At the start, the attackers should initially move to positions 1.

Right side: a few vehicles to overlook position c in the white rectangle. Can be some paper TD's (maximum 2 tanks)

Middle: I like to take my Patriot there behind the rock, which can support rectangle c as well. (2 to 3 tanks max)

Left 1: take control over the bridge which is the most important area in C. If you lose control over the bridge, you will have hard time capping, getting shot from above (at least 6 tanks, possibly 7).

 

If everything else fails, the main target is to take the bridge in the initial phase.

 

Phase 2

One hull down tank with gun depression can cross the bridge to overlook the cap circle and provide support on rectangle b.

 

The main force, which took control of the bridge, should now push towards yellow rectangle a, to shoot anything preventing us to cap in the blue circle. Tanks from position 1 in the middle can now move in the cap near the blue circle, using cover from the rock to the right so tanks from rectangle c can't fire on the cap position.

 

Depending on where the opponents are, there is also a rock to the north of the blue cap circle which provides cover from the b rectangle. That should do the trick to cap C.

 

If you don't see the bridge getting secured, you could move to the bottom left corner of C and provide support to the back of B for a fast cap, hoping some guys from B will go to zone C afterwards near their repair point.

 

What do you think? Are their other strategies?

 

The issue is the defenders can just sit hull down in front of your 2a box and they just defend the cap with ease, you struggle to dig them out of there unless you push up into the C box, which is risky because defenders will start re-spawning and you'll lose hit points quickly so it requires a concerted effort of a push on the right, whilst people also push up to start capping from the middle, but cos it's randoms it barely happens.

 

Plus if Defenders win early engagments they push out past the cap and you are basically locked down. If Defenders push to the 1 spot on the left and up to the rocks on the C box, and still have a few people round the cap they are golden, attackers will die before they can get anywhere useful. 

 

The actual best strategy for C is to leave it until later, let it become a noob trap where usually like 10-12 defenders stay here trying to spawn rape like 5-6 tanks, which means on all the other sectors you have a 3-4 tank over load, you then win the other sectors fast and pick up C when the defenders there start falling back to other areas of the map as they get worried about the main objectives. 


Edited by Simeon85, 01 June 2018 - 02:58 PM.


Vule777 #13 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20743 battles
  • 579
  • Member since:
    02-28-2017

A lot of players play this like kamikaze so in most of my battles the best tactic was attack from B and that both artys from B and C attack C.

 

The biggest mistake is to go from B on E fast and all because enemy will regroup on E and hard defend, while on C would be enough 2-3 tanks because most die on C while respawn. Almost never, or rarely, attackers have enough time if they don't cap C and in almost every attack battle everybody run on guns like flys on s##t.  


Edited by Vule777, 01 June 2018 - 03:18 PM.


Thornvalley #14 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:25 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 30399 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    01-27-2015

1. Take the C area and don't put too many tanks at the bridge. Let them have the hill since they can't decap from there anyway.

2. Challenge the 2a defenders in cap with strong hull down tanks and crossfire from C.

 

In reality, attackers leave C for B or respawn elsewhere. Fighting 5 vs 10 is futile, which means cap the rest and come back later.



TheR3dBaron #15 Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 33629 battles
  • 2,926
  • [REMY] REMY
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

View PostSimeon85, on 01 June 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

 

The issue is the defenders can just sit hull down in front of your 2a box and they just defend the cap with ease, you struggle to dig them out of there unless you push up into the C box, which is risky because defenders will start re-spawning and you'll lose hit points quickly so it requires a concerted effort of a push on the right, whilst people also push up to start capping from the middle, but cos it's randoms it barely happens.

 

 

The point is pushing up to the 2a box, from the bridge sector. There is no hull position there and it's usually T32 like tanks sitting there, which won't bounce as you are coming below them.

 

View PostVule777, on 01 June 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

A lot of players play this like kamikaze so in most of my battles the best tactic was attack from B and that both artys from B and C attack C.

 

The biggest mistake is to go from B on E fast and all because enemy will regroup on E and hard defend, while on C would be enough 2-3 tanks because most die on C while respawn. Almost never, or rarely, attackers have enough time if they don't cap C and in almost every attack battle everybody run on guns like flys on s##t.  

 

Well, some games are won because 2 sections fall rapidly like B and E, while no progress is made on A and C. When you get to E, the defenders usually don't bother falling back 2 sectors while the attacks can sneak left and right to objects 1,2 and 4,5.

edit: needless to say these games are over quickly resulting in little XP and credits.


Edited by TheR3dBaron, 01 June 2018 - 04:48 PM.


Vule777 #16 Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20743 battles
  • 579
  • Member since:
    02-28-2017

View PostTheR3dBaron, on 01 June 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

 

The point is pushing up to the 2a box, from the bridge sector. There is no hull position there and it's usually T32 like tanks sitting there, which won't bounce as you are coming below them.

 

 

Well, some games are won because 2 sections fall rapidly like B and E, while no progress is made on A and C. When you get to E, the defenders usually don't bother falling back 2 sectors while the attacks can sneak left and right to objects 1,2 and 4,5.

edit: needless to say these games are over quickly resulting in little XP and credits.

 

When I defending i always said that we should let them cap but not fast (maybe 1-2 min before time ends), in that case everybody gets more Xp, credits and ranks...but nooo, when I said that I'm in 90% cases noob, bot, stupid...they don't get that it's better to lose in 30 min than to win in 5.

niska #17 Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:20 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27773 battles
  • 360
  • Member since:
    12-31-2011

just let C the way it is lol because defending team like to stay there farming and dont realise that A and B are being capped fast.

When i start in C i play normaly but when i die i go to anouther zone.

In the most times zone C its the last zone to be capped.

I think that the best strategy to C its to change that zone when you die and push fast the outhers because when the enemy players that just want to farm realise that you have zone A  and B  already they will change and its the perfect time to do C  and after that its easy normaly.

And btw claps for those guys that see that the outhers bases are being rushed and dont do nothing and then blaim the rest of the team.

 



clixor #18 Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 49841 battles
  • 2,972
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View Postniska, on 02 June 2018 - 12:20 AM, said:

just let C the way it is lol because defending team like to stay there farming and dont realise that A and B are being capped fast.

 

 

There are several issues with this, first is, that IF attackers cap B fast they are inclined to push on to E. Now, if E is capped as well it's pretty hard to get back to help out C (unless respawn). But nobody likes to relocate to C again if you are spawn sniped.

 

Second issue is related with the spawn sniping, and that is, at some point, zone/lanes A/B are full, and players don't have a choice than go to C, and get insta-killed. 

 

So to fix this i think the attackers on C should have a bit more room to manouvre in their 'own' space not reachable/shootable by the defenders.

 

But whatever the case, my tactic as attacker on C is to, not bother.. I go to the west part of the zone and help out B. If you cover the east part zone B, than it's an easy cap for B. Then you can move around the path and flank and help out C again. You basically cut of the approach to C that way, giving your team time to cap (and farm dmg).



Bordhaw #19 Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9850 battles
  • 1,457
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

I played a battle yesterday and Zones A and B and the next zones were all taken and C had maybe 1 or 2 attackers left and of course defeat run out of time. People just give up on C. 

 



cant_be_bothered #20 Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32370 battles
  • 512
  • Member since:
    07-09-2012

The problem is the lack of coordination and the utterly unfair repair point.

 

If i'm on B and we win that quickly, I'll generally cross the bridge into C and snipe at the C defenders where you can deny their repair point.  That can often be enough to distract them as you can hold down 3 or more defenders by distraction and repair denial.

 

It's the repair point location that makes C so often difficult though as attackers get killed and their respawn delay just hampers the team.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users