Tell Me About Your S.Conqueror Grinding Experience

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

CircleOfSorrow #1 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28672 battles

Are you grinding toward the S.Conqueror during the TotT month?  Tell me about your experience.  Which vehicle are you at?  What is your average xp and dmg per battle?  What do you think of the vehicle you are using?  What is your primary playstyle on open and city maps?

I am at the Churchill I, and with personal reserves active it seems I will need to be incredibly unlucky to earn less than 1k xp per match.  I am using that figure to calculate time required.  I am expecting an increase at each tier, but am not sure by how much.  600 dmg per battle seems achievable when played as a support sniper as bottom tier, or attacker of opportunity at the front when middle or top tier.  Plenty of Churchills out there ATM, and they seem more than willing to trade, so good positioning and angling works well, with snap shots taken between moving into and out of cover.  Exposing your inner front drive wheels out of corner cover seems to be effective for baiting zero dmg drive wheel damaging shots.  Will spec repair as first skill when able.  Currently running rammer, gld, and vents with s.f.aid, s.repair, and auto Fe.  

The Tog was actually useful this morning as a sniper, earning a first class in the first battle of the day.  I will only be running it for its double every day.  Lack of suitable prem tanks means I will only be using one crew up the line.  The Tog would be a much more useful tank if only the mobility was buffed a small amount.  It has a fantastic gun, but the mediocre to poor armour means if shot it will most likely be penned.

I look forward to trying the Black Prince.  User reports are negative, but on paper it would seem to be a strong ridgeline warrior.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45650 battles

30k away from the S.C right now. Highlight of the line so far IMO is the Caernarvon, the tank is just awesome. Enjoyed every tank in this line from tier 6 to the current tier 9 but the Caernarvon is easily one of the best tier 8 heavies if not the best. One thing regarding tier 8 and above, if you have to side scrape keep the angle to a minimum because the side armor isn't that great.

P.S: Don't worry about the BP, if you can make the Churchill work then the BP will be better.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 01 June 2018 - 12:35 PM.

TankkiPoju #3 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19992 battles

Tbh the only really painful tank in the line was Black Prince. Many people complain about Churchills, but they were decent.

Caernarvon is super good, Conqueror is very good and makes ST-I look like a joke, Super Conq is a logical successor to Conq.

Tier 9 Conq is my favorite, because its more mobile than Super Conq... more fun.

Super Conq does have additional tricks like sidescraping but it's a bit too sluggish for me. Don't forget to load those HESH shells.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 01 June 2018 - 12:40 PM.

4nt #4 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21679 battles
Well, I resumed BP grind in may I believe, after dropping it indefinitively in -16 IIRC. The churchill duo were fun to grimd in my noob days, but BP was really disheartening and hard grind. I decided to return to the challenge, and 'lo, it was better than I remembered. Good city-fighter... But as it was, I could not achieve my personal target with it (over 1000wn8, 50% WR) so after 147 games I gave up and bought the Canaervon.

ATM Cancan seems to suit my style, I tend to play it in reminiscence of Centurion. The added boost of 32lber is useful, and the thicker UFP gives some leniency in peeking ridges. But with my low skill it's going to be long grind.

Steiner011 #5 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37126 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

BP is the 2nd worst tank in that line , with Churchill 7 taking the 1st place as completely out of place when fighting tier 7s. I wont even  mention fighting tier 8s.

Axelfoley666 #6 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21716 battles
  • [TWD] TWD
After free XPing as much as possible through BP and Churchills, it was biscuits and gravy.

tank276 #7 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48478 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 01 June 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Are you grinding toward the S.Conqueror during the TotT month?  Tell me about your experience.  Which vehicle are you at?  What is your average xp and dmg per battle?  What do you think of the vehicle you are using?  What is your primary playstyle on open and city maps?

I am at the Churchill I, and with personal reserves active it seems I will need to be incredibly unlucky to earn less than 1k xp per match.  I am using that figure to calculate time required.  I am expecting an increase at each tier, but am not sure by how much.  600 dmg per battle seems achievable when played as a support sniper as bottom tier, or attacker of opportunity at the front when middle or top tier.  Plenty of Churchills out there ATM, and they seem more than willing to trade, so good positioning and angling works well, with snap shots taken between moving into and out of cover.  Exposing your inner front drive wheels out of corner cover seems to be effective for baiting zero dmg drive wheel damaging shots.  Will spec repair as first skill when able.  Currently running rammer, gld, and vents with s.f.aid, s.repair, and auto Fe.  

The Tog was actually useful this morning as a sniper, earning a first class in the first battle of the day.  I will only be running it for its double every day.  Lack of suitable prem tanks means I will only be using one crew up the line.  The Tog would be a much more useful tank if only the mobility was buffed a small amount.  It has a fantastic gun, but the mediocre to poor armour means if shot it will most likely be penned.

I look forward to trying the Black Prince.  User reports are negative, but on paper it would seem to be a strong ridgeline warrior.

Just think of this dude.

You are lucky that you will play the Caernavorn in its current state at tier 8, it used to be awful when I grinded the line back in the day.

The tier 9 Conqueror is solid, as is the tier 10.

Tr0gledyte #8 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles
I spent 100k free XP to pass the Black Prince, my god it was painful. Can't carry games, really awkward hull, weak turret, no depression, this tank seriously needs to get laid.

Junglist_ #9 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35312 battles
I grinded it right after they introduced SQ and skipped both Churchills and BP. Caernarvon is in my opinion very good tank especially because of the DPM. Conqueror is my fav tank from that line. Kept it and still regularly take it out for a spin. I love accurate guns with high pen and good gun depression and Conqueror has all of it. After ~600 battles I have ~2800 avg damage more than on some of my tier 10s. Super Conqueror I'm not too sure about, it's borderline OP I guess. With 3,4k damage it is my highest damage tank but I haven't played it much because of the absolute garbage tier 10 balance.

CircleOfSorrow #10 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28672 battles

View Posttank276, on 01 June 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Just think of this dude.

You are lucky that you will play the Caernavorn in its current state at tier 8, it used to be awful when I grinded the line back in the day.

The tier 9 Conqueror is solid, as is the tier 10.

I could be wrong, and I often am, but I think I payed my dues when I ground through the British assault TD line before they were buffed.

fwhaatpiraat #11 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44574 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Churchill 1, nice tank, had fun.
Churchill VII is beyond trash. SO BAD!!!
Black prince a bit less trash but mobility kills it. In 4 seconds it reaches top speed, 20kmh.
Caernarvon, can't remember.
Conqueror, when fully equipped it's a fantastic tank. Pity that its dpm got shafted for some turret armor and better gun depression. I liked it more before the change.

FluffyRedFox #12 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21708 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Starting on different account right from the Medium 2 :teethhappy:

Quite a hilarious tank with the 57mm and full HE, almost 100 alpha at tier 2 with decent gun handling with the platform being surprisingly mobile with top engine. Doesn't half look like a fat ugly PoS tho.

Got to Medium 3 relatively painlessly, still feels like a decent tank - Reminds me of a TOG but with decent mobility as its got quite high HP and a great gun. 

Kinda nice revisiting the tanks that were my first ever unlocks :P

CircleOfSorrow #13 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28672 battles

View PostTr0gledyte, on 01 June 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

I spent 100k free XP to pass the Black Prince, my god it was painful. Can't carry games, really awkward hull, weak turret, no depression, this tank seriously needs to get laid.

The turret is super strong on paper.  I will have to look at it on tanks.gg later :/

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #14 Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6593 battles
  • [MJSTY] MJSTY

Grinding non-russian tanks in 2k18....

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 02 June 2018 - 01:19 PM.
Use of red color

ilhilh #15 Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26579 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
I have the 215b... in fact I was surprised to login last month and find a Super Conqueror haha.  Then I read about the Caernarvon getting buffed which was another surprise really - whilst it certainly could never have been mistaken for an OP tank I never had a problem with it - I am intrigued to see what the buffed version is like... if I wasn't eternally credit-poor then I would totally re-buy it.

arthurwellsley #16 Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50804 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I went through the line before the Caernarvon was buffed;

Churchill I - I quite liked it, seemed alright in tier.
Churchill VII - was poor.
Black Prince - a little less poor.
Caernarvon - Used to be completely the weak link in the chain. Used to be really abysmal. Since the buffs seems highly competitive.
Conqueror - Once fully equipped it is a fantastic tank. However, since I played it the dpm has been reduced to give it more turret armour. It is however still a mobile tier IX heavy with a speciality in getting into hull-down positions. Nice gun handling increases the comfort fact during the grind to tier X.

undutchable80 #17 Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6490 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Started on the Churchill I. Only played a handful of games so far, but I am considering going 50/50 premium loadout for the 6-pounder in stead of the "5%" I usually load.

Dava_117 #18 Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17823 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

Since I really dislike SConqueror and I'm feeling particulary bad and frustrated this month due to exam session, I will use my collection of USSR tank to make other people grind to SC a jurney trought hell! :trollface:

etody77 #19 Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61145 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO

long

playing for x2 from tier 6

except conqueror, finished him last month ith boosters

Edited by etody77, 01 June 2018 - 01:22 PM.

RamRaid90 #20 Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19985 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 01 June 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Sadly you are mistaken.

The Black Prince cannot use ridgelines due to the massive hull and centered turret placement. Your hull is halfwayoverany ridges before your gun can get down.

The armouron the turret is a  lie. The cheecks are cheese and the entire top third is an easy pen for every tank taller than you (every heavy tank)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users