Dear Wargaming, how to fix the Match Maker.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

4TankersAndDog_US #1 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

...look my friends, 3/5/7 match making in World of Tanks simply sucks and is no fun to play, that's the simple truth, and it's long overdue for fixing.  But have no fear, I'll walk you through how to fix it:

[Curious to read responses to this from other regions?  NAEUSEA]

Edited by 4TankersAndDog_US, 01 June 2018 - 06:11 PM.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10127 battles

30 minutes... I'll watch tonight, like your content.

TheJumpMaster #3 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 45650 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I am interested if you receive any feedback from WG.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #4 Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23524 battles

But not knowing what WG's ultimate goal is your undoing.

This, what WG are doing, is probably a way to squeeze extra coin out of the customer base.

SoupFork #5 Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5044 battles

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 01 June 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

But not knowing what WG's ultimate goal is your undoing.

This, what WG are doing, is probably a way to squeeze extra coin out of the customer base.

That’s their primary goal and it explains all their mad decisions.

Why introduce 3-5-7? Shorter games, more deaths, more repair bills. So more need for premium time, more need for boosters, more need to spam gold ammo. 

T8 PMM tanks can still reliably make a profit even in 3-5-7; therefore PMM must go so that player advantage is gone too.

introduce OP tanks, wait (3 months) till everyone burned through all their gold/free xp/premium time to get it, THEN nerf it because you “listen to the customer feedback”. Wait another month, introduce a new OP tank. Rinse and repeat. 

arthurwellsley #6 Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50806 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Nice video, well made, interesting ideas. About the Match Making template.

However, begins with the premise that the anger over the removal of Preferential Match Making from the KV-5 is due to dislike of 3/5/7 template.

It is NOT.

The anger over WG proposing to remove Prefential Match Making is just that. Anger over an attempt by WG to avoid their contractual liability to provide the advertised service. Over here in the EU countries we are used to strong legislative consumer protection from unfair contract terms.

Many players (myself included, not all but I suspect a majority) will not accept the removal of Preferential Match Making from the KV-5, under any circumstances.

If WG want to remove Preferential Match Making from the KV-5 then they need to refund in cash each KV-5 owner.

4TankersAndDog_US #7 Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostSoupFork, on 01 June 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

That’s their primary goal and it explains all their mad decisions.

Why introduce 3-5-7? Shorter games, more deaths, more repair bills. So more need for premium time, more need for boosters, more need to spam gold ammo. 

T8 PMM tanks can still reliably make a profit even in 3-5-7; therefore PMM must go so that player advantage is gone too.

introduce OP tanks, wait (3 months) till everyone burned through all their gold/free xp/premium time to get it, THEN nerf it because you “listen to the customer feedback”. Wait another month, introduce a new OP tank. Rinse and repeat. 

Totally possible...and I'd counter that, building a game is fun to play, and treating them with respect, is another way to open people's wallets. 

Maybe I'm just a Californian full of sunshine and optimism, but I bet that works pretty well, maybe even better than the arm twisting method of monitization, and certainly better over the long term.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45675 battles

Very nice algorithm you got there and support ticket opened.

Edit: Guys, flood the support with tickets. Definitely worth a try.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 01 June 2018 - 04:39 PM.

Gkirmathal #9 Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

View Post4TankersAndDog_US, on 01 June 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Totally possible...and I'd counter that, building a game is fun to play, and treating them with respect, is another way to open people's wallets. 

Maybe I'm just a Californian full of sunshine and optimism, but I bet that works pretty well, maybe even better than the arm twisting method of monitization, and certainly better over the long term.

I'd recon it'll be very hard to persuade them to change their stance towards the monetization strategies they are employing at the moment. My cynicism might just stem from being a Dutchman though...

How farfetched would it be for you to program a web based proof of concept, on which you could run MM simulations?

Cause really I think you will need to go to such lengths to really come close to convince the likes of Pankov and Kisley.

Edited by Gkirmathal, 01 June 2018 - 04:45 PM.

Zoggo_ #10 Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26390 battles

View Post4TankersAndDog_US, on 01 June 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

WG just don't get it that happy customers will invest in the game consistantly over a long period of time. They just seem to have a short term view of making cash with likes of overbuffed premium tanks and overbuffed reworked lines like the Bobject. Thing is with their latest post "Perfecting Preferiential Premiums" people are wising up to this short term vision. Even the die hard fans will eventually say enough is enough and just walk away from the game.

I have never really understood the reason for 3/5/7. 7k replies on the official forum MM post says the vast majority are very unhappy with it. Personally the last year has been an exercise in frustration epecially being bottom tier constantly at tier 8. I wonder how many of the more casual players have already been put off with the MM and walked away?

Great video and well thought out. There would be a lot more happy customers with your vision of MM.

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #11 Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6593 battles
  • [MJSTY] MJSTY

All those post about solution and fixes for MM are really pathetic ,stop it pls its pure cringe :sceptic:.

Edited by AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, 01 June 2018 - 05:43 PM.

Deep_Convection #12 Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1183 battles

It's better than what we have now.  I don't think it goes far enough though or does enough to help new players. 

Putting tanks into 5/10 and same tier battles first should be the priority of the MM.  If that can't be done in a timely manner, then put them in a 3/5/7 or 5/5/5 battle.

NickMustaine #13 Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:53 AM

• 199 battles
Good morning guys

I have to close this topic. Keep in mind that, if you want to talk about Matchmaking, we have this thread ( http://forum.worldof...cussion-thread/ ) . 

Have a nice day! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users