A very important question from a noob :)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

chikatozuka #1 Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2175 battles

Hello,

the actual question is below in bold if you can't be bothered to read my ramblings :)

I'm a fairly new member of the WoT family and being a woman, I'm impatient - which means I prefer buying premium tanks rather than playing for HOURS to advance and get new tanks (that being said I'm also playing several lines and really making an effort to battle my way up so please don't judge).

My favorite tank which I just Löwe (pun intented) is the Löwe of course. 

And quite often when I'm playing with it - and especially if I'm top tier - I get rude comments and statistics from my battles and experience saying I shouldn't play the higher tier games and I'm a noob and I've only done so many battles etc. 

Now my question is this:

how can you check other player's stats (and language/nationality even) when in-game? As far as I know I can only click the players and add them to my friends list or report them etc. but there is obviously some way to see more. Please enlighten me fellow tankers!

Thank you!

Cuck0osNest #2 Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8547 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
This communities "entusiasts" created XVM mod for this game where they can see where players are from. You can google "XVM" and install. Also this mod shows players rating what they made to measure how much gold rounds they shoot.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

There is indeed a mod for that, which should have been banned long ago.
But they were still right with what they said. Rushing up the tiers instead of slowly learning to play is by far one of the worst things you can do in this game. Right now you are a huge burden for every team you are in and causing many defeats for the 14 people around you.
Go back to tier FIVE to learn the very basics first. There is a wiki with very valuable information that the game won't teach you and there are tons of YouTube videos that you can watch.

There is close to zero endgame content, so WHY do you want to rush up the tiers? And what is the purpose of owning hightier tanks when you play them like a bot?

Edited by Jigabachi, 02 June 2018 - 08:43 AM.

chikatozuka #4 Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2175 battles

Thanks for the replies you guys!

I have a close friend who has played WOT several years now so he gives me excellent tips on how to play and I really try not to make the typical noob mistakes. In addition I have watched tutorial videos and read tips on how to play the higher heavy tanks and I think my PC gaming background of years and years has essentially helped me a lot and makes it easier to adapt to any game I play.

I get that you're ideally suppose to play your way up but then again in the lower tier games the players are ... well, a bit stupid sometimes and don't really play as a team or even understand their position in the game which annoys the crap out of me. Also, why would WG make it possible to buy high tier tanks in early stages if you shouldn't play with them?

I have played my way up to tier 7 tank and Löwe is only one tier higher so I don't think it makes a huge difference anymore which one I play. Also in the higher tier games there's way better chance of learning from the experienced gamers as you watch and follow them.

I respectfully disagree with the statement that I'm a burden or that I'm causing defeats around me. That being said though there are days when no matter how you play you lose or get killed - I'm guessing everyone knows that feeling.

Thanks for your input though. It really makes me wanna prove you (and everyone else) wrong even more :)

Jigabachi #5 Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchikatozuka, on 02 June 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

I respectfully disagree with the statement that I'm a burden or that I'm causing defeats around me. 

That doesn't matter - it's a fact.

chikatozuka #6 Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2175 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 02 June 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

That doesn't matter - it's a fact.

Tbh that is your opinion, not a fact. In order it for it to be a fact it would have to be somehow statistically proven or otherwise studied and shown that I am single handedly the reason my team loses or that other players suffer or carry (as you said) a huge burden because of me. I doubt that it can be proven or is even true because the game is never only about one player but about team effort of both sides. It is true however that one player can change the course of the game for better or for worse - and I'm sure everyone is that player at some point - and that way affect the end result. There are quite a lot of other noobs besides myself playing higher tiers (and why shouldn't there be, after all it's just a game and meant to give you a good time) and maybe if more than one ends up in one team it will actually be a heavy burden to the team. 

Anyhow, thanks again for your comment and advice, I will look into Youtube again and try to suck some more wisdom from it! :popcorn:

PointZero #7 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43036 battles

WoT is propably the last game I'd recommend for an impatient person, there's a steep initial learning curve which isn't helped by the fact that none of the finer aspects of the game mechanics are properly introduced to the player and if you want to learn you need to dig them up from wiki, random forum posts and community made youtube videos. The vehicles themselves also have hidden stats you need to dig up from 3rd party sites in order to get the full picture on how they perform.

You need to know the strenghts & weaknesses of both your tank & the enemies you're facing in order to hopefully fight them in ideal conditions laid out by map knowledge and team composition. In addition making progress through the tech tree really starts to slow down after you've reached tier 6 and everything starts to demand increased amounts of credits & xp = time.

View Postchikatozuka, on 02 June 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

Also, why would WG make it possible to buy high tier tanks in early stages if you shouldn't play with them?

As a company they have this bad habit of liking money more than what would actually be good for the quality of gameplay.

View Postchikatozuka, on 02 June 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

the game is never only about one player but about team effort of both sides.

WoT is a team game where you play 15vs15 where one of the "more common" medals is Top Gun where 1 player single handedly wipes out nearly half of the enemy team. Other "teamplay medals" include

Radley-Walter's 8 / 15, Pool's 10 / 15 and Raseiniai heroes 14 / 15.  ;)

Since the infamous 3-5-7 matchmaking got introduced the role of the 3 top tier player's in your team plays a key role in outcome of the battle due to top tiers usually massively outclassing the players in their bottom tier vehicles. If even one of them underperforms it means that others in your team have to overperform to be able to win the game.

View Postchikatozuka, on 02 June 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

Tbh that is your opinion, not a fact. In order it for it to be a fact it would have to be somehow statistically proven or otherwise studied and shown that I am single handedly the reason my team loses or that other players suffer or carry (as you said) a huge burden because of me.

I'm not trying to be rude but to put it bluntly it stops being an opinion and starts being a fact after you cross that 100 battles treshold in a vehicle where the statistics stop getting largely swayed by having occational hopeless teams and start showing individual contribution the player has made in order to win more games.

You bring 1650 hitpoints in your team when play the Löwe. On average you manage to take 441 hitpoints away from the enemy team in a tank that does 320 dmg on average roll, making your total contribution to the battle 1-2 penetrating shots. Your kill ratio is 0.2 meaning that for every tank you take out on average you've died 5 times. Thus resulting in 39% win ratio and generally being a burden to your team by hopping straight into tier 8 without learning the basics first.

View Postchikatozuka, on 01 June 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

I get rude comments and statistics from my battles and experience saying I shouldn't play the higher tier games and I'm a noob and I've only done so many battles etc.

Your options are as follows

• Play a wide variety of mid tier tanks until you are happy with your performance. You will learn the maps and having played the tanks you are facing will help you deal with opponents better. Take your time going up a tier and make sure you have a few "comfort tanks" to fall back when the game feels frustrating and you are not really making a contribution in your higher tier battles. Watching the gameplay of others will help but you still need to be able to put that into practice yourself.
  • Disable ingame messages and chat. Ignorance is a bliss when you're one of those Löwe's with barely 1000 games under their belt.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchikatozuka, on 02 June 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Tbh that is your opinion, not a fact. In order it for it to be a fact it would have to be somehow statistically proven or otherwise studied and shown that I am single handedly the reason my team loses or that other players suffer or carry (as you said) a huge burden because of me. 

No. Like I said - it's a fact. It's statistically proven here: 

https://worldoftanks...51-chikatozuka/

I don't say that to badmouth you or something, I simply tell you a honest truth you need to understand in order to improve. The no.1 problem bad players have in this game is a complete lack of self-perception and a striking inability to judge their own performance. If you can't do that, you can't know where and how to improve.

Edited by Jigabachi, 02 June 2018 - 11:29 PM.

Bordhaw #9 Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11358 battles

View Postchikatozuka, on 02 June 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Tbh that is your opinion, not a fact. In order it for it to be a fact it would have to be somehow statistically proven or otherwise studied and shown that I am single handedly the reason my team loses or that other players suffer or carry (as you said) a huge burden because of me. I doubt that it can be proven or is even true because the game is never only about one player but about team effort of both sides. 

Your win rate is 43% and your WN8 is 93

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users