frontline

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kaneAAA #1 Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38715 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

Basically, frontline is in my opinion FAR BETTER than random battles, and is the shining success of the game recently. Whoever made this game mode, should be in charge of wot gameplay in general period, as they will attract players to the game. It's fresh and exciting, there's dynamic play and a sense of direction across a great and varying map. The reward system is great and loving the road to general multiplier. There are so many creative solutions and strategies you can use, rather than going down the same dull corridors. Someone intelligent who loves games actually made this, rather than some greedy jerk with no place in game development who is whipped by the marketing department. I mean, compare this with something like grand battles, which is such a tired concept and often a tier 10 dry campfest. There's no comparison.

Somehow in this game mode, you don't feel cheated out of fun... this tends to be a common experience for me in random battles.

I would just like the game mode to be massively expanded and developed as THE future of WOT. With:

1) More maps

2) different scenarios and objectives

3) different tiers

4) More cool planes wreaking havoc and so on and so forth. The immersive sense of being in a war is definitely the great thing about this, it feels kind of lost in the random battle mode.

5) Iron out the bugs, especially the smokescreen one where the smoke stays with you the whole game..

However my fear is that for WG this game mode is too fun, and not driven enough to make people grind up tech trees, which is why I think they will find a way of making it about cash again...we will see. However WG, if you want more players, keep developing frontline and tell your marketing people to lay off, whoever made this should be free to create a total vision from it.

In the end, I see frontline as the beginning of the future of WOT. By all means keep random battles, but this is where the real action is happening in my opinion. 

Edited by kaneAAA, 02 June 2018 - 02:43 AM.

KasparStavro #2 Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32555 battles
totally agree, to me when frontline event ends is a time to uninstall the game.

_underscored_ #3 Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 58451 battles
  • [DR3DD] DR3DD

Frontline is not how being in a war feels like.

Yakito #4 Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18873 battles
Yes. Randoms sometimes feel like hard work and stress. Its not as bad in frontlines. Perfect balance between tension and relaxation.
I did 3 randoms last night after playing frontlines all day and the stress levels have risen so much.
Stress and anger is the biggest reason why I often leave the game for a few months. Frontline is currently the cure.

Bordhaw #5 Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 11553 battles

View PostkaneAAA, on 02 June 2018 - 01:16 AM, said:

Basically, frontline is in my opinion FAR BETTER than random battles, and is the shining success of the game recently. Whoever made this game mode, should be in charge of wot gameplay in general period, as they will attract players to the game. It's fresh and exciting, there's dynamic play and a sense of direction across a great and varying map. The reward system is great and loving the road to general multiplier. There are so many creative solutions and strategies you can use, rather than going down the same dull corridors. Someone intelligent who loves games actually made this, rather than some greedy jerk with no place in game development who is whipped by the marketing department. I mean, compare this with something like grand battles, which is such a tired concept and often a tier 10 dry campfest. There's no comparison.

Somehow in this game mode, you don't feel cheated out of fun... this tends to be a common experience for me in random battles.

I would just like the game mode to be massively expanded and developed as THE future of WOT. With:

1) More maps

2) different scenarios and objectives

3) different tiers

4) More cool planes wreaking havoc and so on and so forth. The immersive sense of being in a war is definitely the great thing about this, it feels kind of lost in the random battle mode.

5) Iron out the bugs, especially the smokescreen one where the smoke stays with you the whole game..

However my fear is that for WG this game mode is too fun, and not driven enough to make people grind up tech trees, which is why I think they will find a way of making it about cash again...we will see. However WG, if you want more players, keep developing frontline and tell your marketing people to lay off, whoever made this should be free to create a total vision from it.

In the end, I see frontline as the beginning of the future of WOT. By all means keep random battles, but this is where the real action is happening in my opinion. 

:medal:

Browarszky #6 Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:39 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
:great:

kaneAAA #7 Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38715 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
Another thing gun marks should be integrated into frontline etc. 

Dosjer007 #8 Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 619 battles

Problem is that the map is too big. And plebs like me with pleb like pc cant afford to play frontline since fps drops a lot.

I would really like big maps but not that big. Maps 2-2.5 times bigger than the current maps are ok ( also expand usable terrain lol) and i wellcome them but in maps 9-10times bigger its impossible to play for me.

kaneAAA #9 Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38715 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostDosjer007, on 02 June 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Problem is that the map is too big. And plebs like me with pleb like pc cant afford to play frontline since fps drops a lot.

I would really like big maps but not that big. Maps 2-2.5 times bigger than the current maps are ok ( also expand usable terrain lol) and i wellcome them but in maps 9-10times bigger its impossible to play for me.

yes but is that a problem with optimisation on wg's half. I think its probably running very inefficiently at the moment as its kind of a trial run. I have a good pc but sometimes it gets a bit jerky in frontline.

Edited by kaneAAA, 02 June 2018 - 02:15 PM.

Also tagged with frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users