Jump to content


Frontlines battle result

exp dmg weird or not?

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Nokkeli #1 Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17567 battles
  • 1,048
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

Any theories on how this guy ended up on top of the team with the amount of dmg etc he did in the battle. Not complaining, I really am just curious so please let me know if you see something that i do not.

 

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

 



Nethraniel #2 Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12115 battles
  • 1,234
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Spotting, almost 400 base defense points, maybe excessive use of inspire and smoke screen. Everything counts for XP. 



Dorander #3 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17854 battles
  • 1,895
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012
Mostly the 400 cap points. Guessing you were defending.

Nokkeli #4 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17567 battles
  • 1,048
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012
We have about the same assisting dmg, he does have more base defense points though.

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 14607 battles
  • 25,486
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
The defence points. Nothing more really, defence points give you insane amounts of rank XP. Why else do you think arty is so popular?

Search_Warrant #6 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 26139 battles
  • 5,588
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 02 June 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

The defence points. Nothing more really, defence points give you insane amounts of rank XP. Why else do you think arty is so popular?

 

Indeed, as i played arty in that mode just to get a few ranks up, it prints exp easy and easy ranks.

Nokkeli #7 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17567 battles
  • 1,048
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 02 June 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

The defence points. Nothing more really, defence points give you insane amounts of rank XP. Why else do you think arty is so popular?

 

I guess that's it then. Sure seems to be a bit unbalanced. Well about 10 battles left and i reach rank 120 and i'm done with it.

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 14607 battles
  • 25,486
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostNokkeli, on 02 June 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

I guess that's it then. Sure seems to be a bit unbalanced. Well about 10 battles left and i reach rank 120 and i'm done with it.

 

I don't think it's really imbalanced since it wants to try to make people play more objectively. Sadly, even that doesn't help the average player, as I've seen arty players preferring to shoot that T-44 FL Spotted in the deployment over the M41 GF On 10hp in the cap who could easily be splashed, resetting it from about 90%. Nothing will ever change in that regard tho.



Dorander #9 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17854 battles
  • 1,895
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostNokkeli, on 02 June 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

 

I guess that's it then. Sure seems to be a bit unbalanced. Well about 10 battles left and i reach rank 120 and i'm done with it.

 

How is it imbalanced? Frontline is all about achieving the tactical objectives, that's the measure of victory or defeat. If anything it should reward playing towards this even more to discourage the blind damage-farming.

Nokkeli #10 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17567 battles
  • 1,048
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostDorander, on 02 June 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

 

 Frontline is all about achieving the tactical objectives

 

And how is that any different from random battles?



Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 14607 battles
  • 25,486
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostNokkeli, on 02 June 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

And how is that any different from random battles?

 

In randoms you can win by destroying all vehicles, and IMO It's better to always play towards destroying all the enemies than capping, using capping only as a last resort victory or to draw out the enemies. In Frontlines, it's absolutely necessary for the Attackers to cap to push up, so of course there's more emphasis on both capping and resetting.



Bordhaw #12 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9864 battles
  • 1,485
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 02 June 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

 

In randoms you can win by destroying all vehicles, and IMO It's better to always play towards destroying all the enemies than capping, using capping only as a last resort victory or to draw out the enemies. In Frontlines, it's absolutely necessary for the Attackers to cap to push up, so of course there's more emphasis on both capping and resetting.

 

:medal:

Nokkeli #13 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17567 battles
  • 1,048
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 02 June 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

 

In randoms you can win by destroying all vehicles, and IMO It's better to always play towards destroying all the enemies than capping, using capping only as a last resort victory or to draw out the enemies. In Frontlines, it's absolutely necessary for the Attackers to cap to push up, so of course there's more emphasis on both capping and resetting.

 

My point was that in both modes your goal is to reach the objective, whatever it is. Just because you don't shoot the guy in the cap does not mean you are not defending or helping with resetting the cap. It is equally important to take out the supporting tanks. But why would anyone do that if you can just get more exp for shooting that one lone tank in the cap that still has several more minutes to sit there. I would far rather shoot the tanks that are about to reach the cap and the ones supporting and only then kill whoever sits in the cap.


Edited by Nokkeli, 02 June 2018 - 07:37 PM.


Dorander #14 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17854 battles
  • 1,895
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostNokkeli, on 02 June 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

 

My point was that in both modes your goal is to reach the objective, whatever it is. Just because you don't shoot the guy in the cap does not mean you are not defending or helping with resetting the cap. It is equally important to take out the supporting tanks. But why would anyone do that if you can just get more exp for shooting that one lone tank in the cap that still has several more minutes to sit there. I would far rather shoot the tanks that are about to reach the cap and the ones supporting and only then kill whoever sits in the cap.

 

People who first shoot the tanks that aren't capping are what lets me solo cap bases. I love people who think like this. Just not on my team.

Nokkeli #15 Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17567 battles
  • 1,048
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostDorander, on 02 June 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

 

People who first shoot the tanks that aren't capping are what lets me solo cap bases. I love people who think like this. Just not on my team.

 

And people who shoot tanks that are not capping are the reason you are solo capping. I don't know why you would think that having the entire mongolian horde stuck in the cap would be a good idea. I will reset the cap if i have to, but not shooting anything else than whats in the cap is just bad. And giving huge exp boosts for doing that and only that is not good.

Edited by Nokkeli, 02 June 2018 - 08:09 PM.


Dorander #16 Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17854 battles
  • 1,895
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostNokkeli, on 02 June 2018 - 06:58 PM, said:

 

And people who shoot tanks that are not capping are the reason you are solo capping. I don't know why you would think that having the entire mongolian horde stuck in the cap would be a good idea. I will reset the cap if i have to, but not shooting anything else than whats in the cap is just bad. And giving huge exp boosts for doing that and only that is not good.

 

Euh, yeah, that first sentence was my point. It doesn't work for you.

 

I never said everyone should be stuck in the cap. I never said you should not shoot anything that isn't in the cap.

 

The only reason you consider it not to be good is because your preferred playstyle doesn't get rewarded the most.



Nokkeli #17 Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17567 battles
  • 1,048
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostDorander, on 02 June 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

 your preferred playstyle doesn't get rewarded the most.

 

Why should any playstyle get rewarded more than another, that is my issue. 



Dorander #18 Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17854 battles
  • 1,895
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostNokkeli, on 02 June 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

 

Why should any playstyle get rewarded more than another, that is my issue. 

 

Because playing towards the objectives is what the game mode is about, it's designed for it, rather than dealing damage and garnering kills which can't achieve victory on their own.

tankqull #19 Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19550 battles
  • 1,285
  • [-FD-] -FD-
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 02 June 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

 

I don't think it's really imbalanced since it wants to try to make people play more objectively. Sadly, even that doesn't help the average player, as I've seen arty players preferring to shoot that T-44 FL Spotted in the deployment over the M41 GF On 10hp in the cap who could easily be splashed, resetting it from about 90%. Nothing will ever change in that regard tho.

 

stupidity is endless.

but if you are in a front tank resetting a cap sacrificing yourself you atleast get a reward in frontline. you get nothing but a butplug in random games for doing that.



Desyatnik_Pansy #20 Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:46 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 14607 battles
  • 25,486
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostNokkeli, on 02 June 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

My point was that in both modes your goal is to reach the objective, whatever it is. Just because you don't shoot the guy in the cap does not mean you are not defending or helping with resetting the cap. It is equally important to take out the supporting tanks. But why would anyone do that if you can just get more exp for shooting that one lone tank in the cap that still has several more minutes to sit there. I would far rather shoot the tanks that are about to reach the cap and the ones supporting and only then kill whoever sits in the cap.

 

But it's not the primary goal in both modes. In randoms, it is the secondary objective. Only Assault is somewhat different, since there's less time and one team is attacking while the other defends, but this is still different to Frontlines somewhat as there are no respawns, capping is an outright victory and you can simply win by destroying all enemy vehicles instead. In Frontlines, you have to cap to progress through the map, so by not capping you have no chance at all to win, and likewise by failing to defend the caps you give the enemy more time and increase their chances of victory. 

To put it very simply, you cannot win without capping or likewise by not defending the cap in Frontlines. However, you can very easily win without capping in standard, even in Assault. This makes the objectives in Frontlines the primary goal, while making it the secondary in standard.

 

Regarding the rest. I don't entirely disagree with you, but specifically on that bold point, if you didn't get more XP For engaging the enemies that are capping (or equally, by capping yourself), why would most people bother then to do such. Even with the insane XP You get from it, a lot of folks are still surprisingly blind to it and would rather sit there trying to shoot that lone Progetto who keeps poking up in his deployment rather than the M41 GF Sitting in the open on the cap circle. Ignoring such players particularly because "Oh, there's still two minutes for him to cap" or whatever is particularly frustrating because then people become complacent, refusing to acknowledge that another 30 Seconds, no 60, no 90 Has passed and next thing you know it's capped. Or other players jump into the cap, dropping it from 2 Minutes to 40 Seconds, and none of them are in the slightest bit damaged.

If you didn't get more XP For engaging cappers/capping, why would anyone feel inclined to actually do it? I sure as hell would feel less inclined to actually try to go for resets, because then I'd probably want the longer game so I can easily get the higher ranks and it would probably be less risky for me to engage that camping Progetto than the guy in cover on the cap. 

 

All in all, I think it is perfectly fine to give more rank XP For focusing the objectives. Ironically, my only complaint towards that is you don't get extra XP For engaging the final objectives and in that case I will totally go for shooting an enemy than the objective if it's already being shot at by a teammate, so I think that is pretty poorly done. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users