PayPal disputes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

Tr0gledyte #1 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles

Yes, I know this is the wrong forum, but it's the only one people actually read.

I just had a conflict with WG EU support and their complete unwillingness to help with anything ever. They are claiming they have policies to adhere to which are not written down anywhere in the FAQ. When I point this out they just repeat the same thing like a broken record: "we have a policy X which means we can't honor your request". Meanwhile, policy X is nowhere to be found in the FAQ (which they link to). They could just be making it up on the spot.

I've decided I'm done with WoT. I looked through my PayPal history and in the past 180 days, I've had 20 PayPal transactions with WG. I'm going to open disputes for every single one of them individually and will provide well thought-out arguments for each dispute, as opposed to the copy-paste answers WG Support gives that often have nothing to do with your question.

I know I will catch a lot of flak for this, but can anyone share any constructive information/experience about Paypal disputes with WG and the result? I will also share my results on this forum, positive or negative. If I can get even 1 euro back, that's a victory for me.

I don't care if they delete my account. I refuse to support this game run by a company that doesn't care about its players and literally every contact I have with WG support infuriates me. Half the time they don't even read your message and give you a standard response based on the topic you picked while creating your ticket, like you're talking to a bot. Combined with the latest PMM shenanigans and the Russian Refund..  my contact with support truly was the last straw.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 06:15 PM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27485 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

From what others have posted they won't respond to your dispute which means you will get refunded by Paypal.  WG will then lock your WoT account and demand you repay what you got refunded plus a service charge.

Do bear in mind that claiming money back which you have no right to could be fraud so you might want to consider what criminal penalties that may carry in your home country.

_b_ #3 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:23 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54446 battles

Yep WG-EU support might be besides WG-EU the company itself...THE most rage inducing customer hating I've come across.

Suggest however first a new ticket with topic error on payments or what it is called. There you describe your original issues, then ask since they are utter =#!&£@ unable to solve nor intelligently fix it...how you are too go about open disputes on all the last payments last 180 days.

This MIGHT give support a idea that actually giving customer support and fixing the original could be smart. Might... 

Or just say duck it and open all disputes if you really are that annoyed.

Wallace_P_Games #4 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1436 battles
They don't answer your dispute and PayPal refund you on the 11th day at the same time you opened the dispute. If WG decide to dispute the dispute and win, Paypal pays them and not you. Ignore the bit about fraud when they can easily get their money back from Paypal.

Tr0gledyte #5 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 03 June 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

From what others have posted they won't respond to your dispute which means you will get refunded by Paypal.  WG will then lock your WoT account and demand you repay what you got refunded plus a service charge.

Do bear in mind that claiming money back which you have no right to could be fraud so you might want to consider what criminal penalties that may carry in your home country.

Thank you for this information, this is very interesting. The money I spent in the last 180 days is worth more to me than my WoT account.  We're talking around 250 euro.

Claiming I should get my money back is partially subjective and Paypal is the party that ultimately decides the outcome so I doubt it can be called fraud.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 06:30 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 28140 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

Thank you for this information, this is very interesting. The money I spent in the last 180 days is worth more to me than my WoT account.  We're talking around 250 euro.

Claiming I should get my money back is partially subjective and Paypal is the party that ultimately decides the outcome so I doubt it can be called fraud.

If you bought WoT stuff from WG using PayPal then I can't see why there should be an issue.

If you bought WoT stuff not from WG using PayPal then you have been knowingly dealing with crooks.

My sympathy here is with WG.  Unless there is something more you need to tell us.

jabster #7 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

It’s not subjective at all. You’re abusing the reason charge back policies are in place. Basically you’re much the same as shoplifters who try and justify what they do.

Who do you think is going to end up paying for your little tantrum?

HundeWurst #8 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

While I fully agree and understand your frustration about the support, using PayPal as a scapegoat, to further escalte a conflict seems not the way to go either.

But I never actually did such things with PayPal. I just like to see how this all goes.

Tr0gledyte #9 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

If you bought WoT stuff from WG using PayPal then I can't see why there should be an issue.

If you bought WoT stuff not from WG using PayPal then you have been knowingly dealing with crooks.

My sympathy here is with WG.  Unless there is something more you need to tell us.

I've only bought straight from WG using Paypal, it's the only payment method I have ever used.

View Postjabster, on 03 June 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

It’s not subjective at all. You’re abusing the reason charge back policies are in place. Basically you’re much the same as shoplifters who try and justify what they do.

Who do you think is going to end up paying for your little tantrum?

Of course disputes are subjective, two parties don't agree. I have legitimate reasons for each dispute. WG has a chance to react to the dispute, if they don't then they lose. That's part of Paypal's terms and conditions, and WG loves terms and conditions (even those who don't exist) so I don't see the problem? 

If you dispute a traffic fine and the cop who gave it to you doesn't show up in court, you get the fine back. Same principle. It's not my fault if they don't show up. I also have zero sympathy for WG, especially now that they are completely and utterly refusing to restore a silly low-tier special vehicle I impulsively sold based on a rule they repeatedly quote which doesn't actually exist in the FAQ.

View PostHundeWurst, on 03 June 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

While I fully agree and understand your frustration about the support, using PayPal as a scapegoat, to further escalte a conflict seems not the way to go either.

But I never actually did such things with PayPal. I just like to see how this all goes.

I'm not escalating anything, I'm already completely done with the game. Support just told me they don't care if I open Paypal disputes, they still refuse to restore my puny low-tier vehicle because of a rule that does not exist (that they only restore "Rare" vehicles if they were sold within the past 2 months, despite the FAQ saying the automated system will restore "Rare" vehicles regardless of when they were sold). Unfortunately the automated system only works for tanks sold after 9.16, hence why I need support's help, and they make up a stupid 2-month rule, effectively giving me the finger. 

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 07:08 PM.

Dorander #10 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

I never use Paypal and I have no idea what the nature of your dispute is, but are you 100% sure it's Wargaming's fault and not Paypal's? Before you take drastic action (like claiming back payments which you have no right to) make sure you are adressing the correct party, for the correct problem and amount, and have checked what their policies on the situation are (so that'd include Paypal's).

I'd also advise you under every circumstance to not try to get your payments refunded if the goods you purchased have been properly provided as per the agreement, and from the sound of your "20 Paypal payments" story you're planning on doing exactly that. Claim back only the faulty payment because that is the nature of your dissent. Claiming back more is going to get you into legal trouble at worst, and treated like a really bad customer at best. I can guarantee you that even good customer service department really hate crappy customers and won't be inclined to help you, even if it's your right, when you've made it clear by your illegitimate reclaims that you don't respect the law at all.

More flies with honey and all that.

Tr0gledyte #11 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles

View PostDorander, on 03 June 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

I never use Paypal and I have no idea what the nature of your dispute is, but are you 100% sure it's Wargaming's fault and not Paypal's? Before you take drastic action (like claiming back payments which you have no right to) make sure you are adressing the correct party, for the correct problem and amount, and have checked what their policies on the situation are (so that'd include Paypal's).

I'd also advise you under every circumstance to not try to get your payments refunded if the goods you purchased have been properly provided as per the agreement, and from the sound of your "20 Paypal payments" story you're planning on doing exactly that. Claim back only the faulty payment because that is the nature of your dissent. Claiming back more is going to get you into legal trouble at worst, and treated like a really bad customer at best. I can guarantee you that even good customer service department really hate crappy customers and won't be inclined to help you, even if it's your right, when you've made it clear by your illegitimate reclaims that you don't respect the law at all.

More flies with honey and all that.

I'm already being treated like a really bad customer, despite me being very friendly to support. 

Paypal decides whether a claim is legitimate or not. WG has the chance to refute disputes. If they don't respond, I win by default, those are the terms and conditions WG agreed to when partnering with Paypal. There's no way opening disputes will get me in any legal trouble lol.

Do I feel guilty about this? No. We are all WG's cash cows and they don't give a damn about us. They don't even have a proper support department despite making quadrillions of dollars with this game and having millions of active players worldwide.

I will report the progress of my disputes and whether or not I win. I will be honest about the entire ordeal (honesty, another thing WG lacks) and post proof.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 07:09 PM.

wsatnutter #12 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24209 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostHomer_J, on 03 June 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

exactly this be careful watch you wish for

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

I've only bought straight from WG using Paypal, it's the only payment method I have ever used.

Of course disputes are subjective, two parties don't agree. I have legitimate reasons for each dispute. WG has a chance to react to the dispute, if they don't then they lose. That's part of Paypal's terms and conditions, and WG loves terms and conditions (even those who don't exist) so I don't see the problem?

If you dispute a traffic fine and the cop who gave it to you doesn't show up in court, you get the fine back. Same principle. It's not my fault if they don't show up. I also have zero sympathy for WG, especially now that they are completely and utterly refusing to restore a silly low-tier special vehicle I impulsively sold based on a rule they repeatedly quote which doesn't actually exist in the FAQ.

I'm not escalating anything, I'm already completely done with the game. Support just told me they don't care if I open Paypal disputes, they still refuse to restore my puny low-tier vehicle because of a rule that does not exist (that they only restore "Rare" vehicles if they were sold within the past 2 months, despite the FAQ saying the automated system will restore "Rare" vehicles regardless of when they were sold). Unfortunately the automated system only works for tanks sold after 9.16, hence why I need support's help, and they make up a stupid 2-month rule, effectively giving me the finger.

its not a stupid rule it is a rule I asked for a restore and was told I was a tad late.

I thought oh bollox never mind and I cracked open another bottle of ale(HAIL TO THE ALE)

then munched on some sprouts, however I never like you threw my toys out of my pram

Grow up OP you are making a *edited*strom and its about to hit your washing line

Edited by NickMustaine, 04 June 2018 - 08:20 AM.
Inappropriate remarks

Tr0gledyte #13 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 03 June 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

its not a stupid rule it is a rule I asked for a restore and was told I was a tad late.

I thought oh bollox never mind and I cracked open another bottle of ale(HAIL TO THE ALE)

then munched on some sprouts, however I never like you threw my toys out of my pram

Grow up OP you are making a *edited*strom and its about to hit your washing line

Provide me with a link to the 2-month rule, because WG support can't. I was already planning on quitting the game bro, this is not a random tantrum, it's a build-up of many things, this is the last straw.

View Postwsatnutter, on 03 June 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

exactly this be careful watch you wish for

Be careful with what? They can lock my account, I don't care, time to move on. And Paypal is the party that judges the dispute. As long as I don't lie in the dispute it's not fraud. I can literally just say "I don't like the service they have provided and want my money back" and if WG does not respond I win by default. I have nothing to lose, I can only gain.

Denisian #14 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7223 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS
Just tell them that you misclicked...20 times over the past 6 months, and I'm sure that they will give all of your money back. Even the best lawyers in the world won't be able to stop you from getting your money back, if you have such a solid case.

jabster #15 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postwsatnutter, on 03 June 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

Bu the OP knew full well what they were buying but as they no longer like it then it’s obvioulsy someone else’s fault so someone else should pay for their own mistakes. I’ve got to say I think I’d give WG £50 if they just deleted the OP’s account and told them to feck off. 

Ends with rat starts with p, any guesses what the word is?

Nethraniel #16 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12256 battles

Well in Germany the law is quite clear.

You have 14 days to cancel your transaction for virtual goods except you choose to opt-out of it (as is possible in the WG store).

Else there is no right for refund for virtual goods after these 14 days. 

Don't know if that is related to your dispute.

Tr0gledyte #17 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles

I'm laughing my butt off, I demanded a link from support about the "we only restore Rare tanks sold in the past 2 months" policy and they linked me to a World of Warships FAQ.

Like I said, I will provide updates on this topic. Will open the disputes tonight. To be continued.

View PostNethraniel, on 03 June 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Well in Germany the law is quite clear.

You have 14 days to cancel your transaction for virtual goods except you choose to opt-out of it (as is possible in the WG store).

Else there is no right for refund for virtual goods after these 14 days. 

Don't know if that is related to your dispute.

Paypal has special terms and conditions (I suddenly love throwing this term around) for disputes which both I and WG agreed to. Paypal allows you to open a dispute for up to 180 days after the transaction. 

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 07:39 PM.

Strappster #18 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjabster, on 03 June 2018 - 06:29 PM, said:

Bu the OP knew full well what they were buying but as they no longer like it ...

It's not even that. OP's complaint appears to be that Support won't restore a low-tier special vehicle that he sold some time ago (probably one of the free garage slot gift tanks) and he's going to file disputes to reclaim funds he's spent on other things after threatening to do so to Support didn't result in them caving in as he wished.

jabster #19 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

I'm laughing my butt off, I demanded a link from support about the "we only restore Rare tanks sold in the past 2 months" policy and they linked me to a World of Warships FAQ.

Like I said, I will provide updates on this topic. Will open the disputes tonight. To be continued.

Who are you going to get to put your toys back in your pram?

View PostStrappster, on 03 June 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

It's not even that. OP's complaint appears to be that Support won't restore a low-tier special vehicle that he sold some time ago (probably one of the free garage slot gift tanks) and he's going to file disputes to reclaim funds he's spent on other things after threatening to do so to Support didn't result in them caving in as he wished.

So it’s even worse than I thought?

Tr0gledyte #20 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles

View PostStrappster, on 03 June 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

I don't like the service WG has provided for the past few years. It is up to Paypal to judge.

The PMM article really ticked me off, the direction the game is going ticks me off, their overt money-hungriness ticks me off, the "support" they provide ticks me off, it's time to give them a taste of their own medicine while leaving the game. I'm done with WoT and I have absolutely no mercy for WG when it comes to money.

You can defend WG all you want but they'll just keep milking you for more money while I walk off happily with 250 euro and play some other game backed by a company that doesn't violate my rectum every other day. To the people criticizing me: the joke's on you.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 07:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users