PayPal disputes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

ironz #101 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21296 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 04 June 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Paypal won't "decide" anything, your case won't be looked at by a human, WG won't fight it through Paypal's biased system, you will get an automatic win and then WG will come after you directly.  If it was 10 Euro then it's probably not worth them going to any great lengths other than locking your account, if it really is several hundred Euro then expect a knock at the door.

You may want to find a better internet lawyer because that's certainly not the way it works in the UK.

Can you point us to the blog or FB page or whatever you are going to use just in case WG block your access to this forum?

No, because they do not do restorations through support at all since the facility was added to the game.  The 2 month rule is no longer relevant.

Support got that bit wrong but that's hardly cause to claim back several hundred Euros.

You don't have a dispute unless you lie.

Like I said, they don't waste their time fighting the Paypal dispute because they know Paypal generally side with the buyer anyway and it's easier for them to chase you for the money you have stolen from them without Paypal's involvement.

You Sir, are completely detached from reality and probably have not been outside your Mum's room for the last 10 years. OP's claim is completely reasonable - "damaged" goods. And you do not get "a knock on the door" for filing a dispute. This is not fraud. You should fantasise less. It seems to me that you are just angry at the OP that he/she does actually have the balls to go through this, while you only wish you could do that, so you just chose to simply make arguments for why the OP is bad/not right.... everyone should claim for what they have paid for treating us like disposable goods. Good on you OP. I hope you succeed. Even though we will probably never hear of your brave achievements as you will be banned :)

Homer_J #102 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postironz, on 04 June 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

You Sir, are completely detached from reality and probably have not been outside your Mum's room for the last 10 years.

Rumbled.

It's getting smelly in here too, what with it being a wooden box six feet below ground.

BravelyRanAway #103 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24210 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 June 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

but if WG had restored my tank I probably wouldn't have been triggered to do this, at least at this point in time.

I was already an unhappy customer for many valid reasons and the way the Support chatbots handled my request was the final straw. 

You say you were already unhappy for many valid reasons, yet you continued to pay them money on 20 occasions over the last six months and so that doesn't ring very true to me. You were triggered by WG support's refusal to restore your rare tank(as you say) and then I think you decided out of anger to engage in a faux moral crusade(on the forum) and create issues out of pettiness to try beat WG over the head.

You are active on the forum and so can't plead ignorance with regard to WG's stupidity regarding some issues that have people up in arms....yet you still gave them money on twenty occasions. If you get your money back(which you most likely will) then you can ride off into the sunset......but it won't be a good win as you're doing it for the wrong reason, spite is never a good reason.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #104 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 04 June 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

You say you were already unhappy for many valid reasons, yet you continued to pay them money on 20 occasions over the last six months and so that doesn't ring very true to me. You were triggered by WG support's refusal to restore your rare tank(as you say) and then I think you decided out of anger to engage in a faux moral crusade(on the forum) and create issues out of pettiness to try beat WG over the head.

You are active on the forum and so can't plead ignorance with regard to WG's stupidity regarding some issues that have people up in arms....yet you still gave them money on twenty occasions. If you get your money back(which you most likely will) then you can ride off into the sunset......but it won't be a good win as you're doing it for the wrong reason, spite is never a good reason.

You're wrong, Mr. Fake Mind Reader. 

Yes, I kept spending money on this game for the past 6 months, because I could, and partially out of habit. But my unhappiness and frustration with the game and WG as a company was growing and growing with each incident. There is a line, at some point. I always knew it was coming for me, that moment when I'd be like "screw this company, I'm out". I just didn't know when. Until yesterday, when the line was crossed after another miserable interaction with WG support.

Spite is never a good reason, you say? Can you say that with a straight face about WG, who shamelessly uses us as cash cows? Never in my entire life have I encountered a gaming company that treats its customers as badly as WG does. They don't even try to hide their money-grabbing schemes, they might as well say "hey you gullible morons, buy this!" when putting up another bundle, it makes no difference. Against this company it will be a very good win, I promise you that. 

If I get my money back and my account is still in tact I will post the result here. If I disappear, well, you can guess what happened.

vixu #105 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44699 battles

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 June 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

No fraud here, I will not post the exact dispute messages but I was honest about the reasons why I felt I should be refunded. I did not claim I never received the things I bought nor did I tell any other lies. I have the right to make a case for a refund. Just like WG has the right to ban me afterwards. 

I wonder if they'll still ban me if I lose all of the disputes. Will be interesting to see this unfold.

I hope, you are right about that. Still, an interesting reading:

https://en.wikipedia...hargeback_fraud

The trouble may come from the fact that you rely on PayPal to be an arbiter, yet PayPal has very little interest or responsibility in this case. 

Edited by vixu, 04 June 2018 - 07:07 PM.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #106 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postvixu, on 04 June 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

I hope, you are right about that. Still, an interesting reading:

https://en.wikipedia...hargeback_fraud

The trouble may come from the fact that you rely on PayPal to be an arbiter, yet PayPal has very little interest or responsibility in this case. 

The article you linked refers to scamming. Claiming you didn't receive the goods, etc. I made a completely different case.

About PayPal, I have no idea how they will treat this. WG has 10 days to respond to my disputes and I suspect I win by default if they don't respond. Who knows. I am not worried about any legal issues though, and certainly have no moral issues doing this. I made a perfectly proper case. If WG can't be arsed to respond to it that's their problem.

vixu #107 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44699 battles

View Postironz, on 04 June 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

You Sir, are completely detached from reality and probably have not been outside your Mum's room for the last 10 years. OP's claim is completely reasonable - "damaged" goods. And you do not get "a knock on the door" for filing a dispute. This is not fraud. You should fantasise less. It seems to me that you are just angry at the OP that he/she does actually have the balls to go through this, while you only wish you could do that, so you just chose to simply make arguments for why the OP is bad/not right.... everyone should claim for what they have paid for treating us like disposable goods. Good on you OP. I hope you succeed. Even though we will probably never hear of your brave achievements as you will be banned :)

You may get a knock at the door for filing 20 disputes, getting your money back, and having to deal with WG attorneys who can prove that goods were delivered as ordered, especially, since this case is discussed on the forums, it may prompt more losses to WG due to similar actions of other players, if left unattended. Guys, rly, don't mess with snakes and lawyers. Its all fun, till they decide to strike back.

To the credit of OP, he has followed on what he wanted to do. But I still think, that it is just the beginning.

jabster #108 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12657 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 June 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

The article you linked refers to scamming. Claiming you didn't receive the goods, etc. I made a completely different case.

About PayPal, I have no idea how they will treat this. WG has 10 days to respond to my disputes and I suspect I win by default if they don't respond. Who knows. I am not worried about any legal issues though, and certainly have no moral issues doing this. I made a perfectly proper case. If WG can't be arsed to respond to it that's their problem.

So exactly what was this perfectly moral case of getting others to pay for your own stupidity?

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #109 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postvixu, on 04 June 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

You may get a knock at the door for filing 20 disputes, getting your money back, and having to deal with WG attorneys who can prove that goods were delivered as ordered, especially, since this case is discussed on the forums, it may prompt more losses to WG due to similar actions of other players, if left unattended. Guys, rly, don't mess with snakes and lawyers. Its all fun, till they decide to strike back.

To the credit of OP, he has followed on what he wanted to do. But I still think, that it is just the beginning.

I never claimed the goods were not delivered as ordered in my dispute. 

You're also foolish if you think WG is going to sic attorneys on me for 250 euro. The absolute worst case scenario is that they demand their money back, in which case I will evaluate my options. It's not like the cops are going to raid my house or I'm going to be dragged to court immediately rofl.

They have their chance to respond to the PayPal dispute, by not doing so they probably agree to some kind of PayPal condition that you lose a dispute by default if you don't respond. Seeing as they love terms and conditions that waive rights I'm sure they'll be fine with that.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 04 June 2018 - 07:18 PM.

vixu #110 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44699 battles

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 June 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

IMHO, you are wrong. article refers to charging the transaction back, after you have received the goods. And seller may take you to court, if they feel like that, where _you_ will have to prove that goods were damaged on delivery or any other reasons you may have. But you've done 20! For an extensive time period....  Can you prove that all 20 were.... damaged goods?

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #111 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postvixu, on 04 June 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

IMHO, you are wrong. article refers to charging the transaction back, after you have received the goods. And seller may take you to court, if they feel like that, where _you_ will have to prove that goods were damaged on delivery or any other reasons you may have. But you've done 20! For an extensive time period....  Can you prove that all 20 were.... damaged goods?

Once again, you don't know the contents of my dispute, which I also will not disclose here. What you are saying does not apply to the case I formulated.

Also, there is a very important difference between a CC chargeback and a PayPal dispute. The latter does not come with chargeback fees etc and WG gets an honest chance to defend themselves before the money is taken back. A chargeback is done immediately and you have to fight it afterwards as well as pay a fee.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 04 June 2018 - 07:22 PM.

BravelyRanAway #112 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24210 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 June 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

You're wrong, Mr. Fake Mind Reader. 

Yes, I kept spending money on this game for the past 6 months, because I could, and partially out of habit. But my unhappiness and frustration with the game and WG as a company was growing and growing with each incident. There is a line, at some point. I always knew it was coming for me, that moment when I'd be like "screw this company, I'm out". I just didn't know when. Until yesterday, when the line was crossed after another miserable interaction with WG support.

Spite is never a good reason, you say? Can you say that with a straight face about WG, who shamelessly uses us as cash cows? Never in my entire life have I encountered a gaming company that treats its customers as badly as WG does. They don't even try to hide their money-grabbing schemes, they might as well say "hey you gullible morons, buy this!" when putting up another bundle, it makes no difference. Against this company it will be a very good win, I promise you that. 

If I get my money back and my account is still in tact I will post the result here. If I disappear, well, you can guess what happened.

What a load of pity party nonsense. I don't have to be a fake mind reader as you just told me what you are doing and the reason why.....hung by your own tongue. You spent money regularly despite being unhappy because of habit? Give over will you. Get some self control or burn your credit card if you can't act like a responsible adult. You are the gullible one as you were giving them money on 20 occasions in the last six moths and god knows how many before that. I had one at Christmas....lol.

You make fake issues out of anger....for instance, just because some of your fellow clan members didn't agree with your motives in this case, you leave the clan and then accuse them of harassing you in chat to play with them in-game and then claim that they did not like you anyway....lol.

Grow up.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #113 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 04 June 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

What a load of pity party nonsense. I don't have to be a fake mind reader as you just told me what you are doing and the reason why.....hung by your own tongue. You spent money regularly despite being unhappy because of habit? Give over will you. Get some self control or burn your credit card if you can't act like a responsible adult. You are the gullible one as you were giving them money on 20 occasions in the last six moths and god knows how many before that. I had one at Christmas....lol.

You make fake issues out of anger....for instance, just because some of your fellow clan members didn't agree with your motives in this case, you leave the clan and then accuse them of harassing you in chat to play with them in-game and then claim that they did not like you anyway....lol.

Grow up.

I never belonged with the Dingers, and if they start bad mouthing me here then sure I'll leave the damn clan. I'm leaving the game anyway so what does it matter?

The difference is I'm leaving it with a smile while you're still here, salty as [edited]. :)

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #114 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I would like to add that even WG Support has stated they respect my right to file PayPal disputes, multiple times. You guys are defending a company that really doesn't care. 

BravelyRanAway #115 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24210 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 June 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

I would like to add that even WG Support has stated they respect my right to file PayPal disputes, multiple times. You guys are defending a company that really doesn't care. 

Of course WG support respect your right to file PayPal disputes as many times as you like......it's part of the deal when a company signs up with PayPal as a payment method. All companies, not just WG, agree to this and all companies on the net block account until the issues are resolved if a chargeback is pushed.

I had to laugh at you're 'salty' comment.....the only one here who's salty is you, throwing your toys out of the pram(20 times!) over some mickey mouse premium.

You'd swear you were doing something big!......it's a simple chargeback issue, something that thousands of people do every day of the week. You'll get your money back, l've little doubt about that.....jeez, you'd swear you were going to court...lol

You remind me of Peter The Hermit.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #116 Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 04 June 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Of course WG support respect your right to file PayPal disputes as many times as you like......it's part of the deal when a company signs up with PayPal as a payment method. All companies, not just WG, agree to this and all companies on the net block account until the issues are resolved if a chargeback is pushed.

I had to laugh at you're 'salty' comment.....the only one here who's salty is you, throwing your toys out of the pram(20 times!) over some mickey mouse premium.

You'd swear you were doing something big!......it's a simple chargeback issue, something that thousands of people do every day of the week. You'll get your money back, l've little doubt about that.....jeez, you'd swear you were going to court...lol

You remind me of Peter The Hermit.

What is the point you're trying to make? I'm getting money back for a good reason and I'm getting banned from this disgustingly toxic game, I'm happy as hell. You should do the same, it'll lower your cortisol levels.

Wargaming is the reason this community is by far the most toxic one in the gaming industry. It's not like toxic people are drawn to tanks, it can all be traced back to the game and how the company behind it conducts business. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they got a bomb letter or some crap from a messed up kid one day. It would sadden but not surprise me.

Homer_J #117 Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postvixu, on 04 June 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

OP asked for advice, was told what happens based on past experience, then chose to ignore that advice.

One has to wonder why he asked at all.

OP believes he has done his research, he will find out in due course, the rest of us will probably never find out how it works out long term which is a shame.

jabster #118 Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12657 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTr0gledyte, on 05 June 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

What is the point you're trying to make? I'm getting money back for a good reason and I'm getting banned from this disgustingly toxic game, I'm happy as hell. You should do the same, it'll lower your cortisol levels.

Wargaming is the reason this community is by far the most toxic one in the gaming industry. It's not like toxic people are drawn to tanks, it can all be traced back to the game and how the company behind it conducts business. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they got a bomb letter or some crap from a messed up kid one day. It would sadden but not surprise me.

You’ve thrown a tantrum and expect others to pay for your own mistakes is a good reason?

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #119 Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 June 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

OP asked for advice, was told what happens based on past experience, then chose to ignore that advice.

One has to wonder why he asked at all.

OP believes he has done his research, he will find out in due course, the rest of us will probably never find out how it works out long term which is a shame.

I did not ask for advice, I asked for past experiences. Your first reply in this thread was exactly what I needed, thank you.

I will find a way to post the result on this forum and let others know there are ways to get Wargaming's phallus out of your anus. After that I will leave all of this behind and spend my toxic WoT time on actual, productive things. :) A lot of players feel stuck with this game because of the huge amount of time and money they invested, let me assure you, it is a relief to quit. No regrets.

To all of the paranoid people: Wargaming would first have to formally demand the money back and I would have to formally refuse before they can even file a small claims charge in court. And if I'm not mistaken they can't file a small claims charge from Cyprus as it is unreasonable for me to travel there, so they'd have to come to my country. For 250 euro. Nahhhh.

A knock on the door..  Lmao.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 05 June 2018 - 12:21 PM.

Homer_J #120 Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 05 June 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

I did not ask for advice, I asked for past experiences. 

Here's one.

Looking at his stats he seems to be happily enjoying the Scorpion he never bought or wanted.  Shame he didn't keep us informed on how he got his case resolved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users