• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

wsatnutter #21 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:46 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26047 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

I don't like the service WG has provided for the past few years. It is up to Paypal to judge.

The PMM article really ticked me off, the direction the game is going ticks me off, their overt money-hungriness ticks me off, it's time to give them a taste of their own medicine while leaving the game. I have absolutely no mercy for WG when it comes to money.

me again trust me its in their rules I aint hunting on the EU portal for it but it has been stated trust me try google

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #22 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 03 June 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

me again trust me its in their rules I aint hunting on the EU portal for it but it has been stated trust me try google

It's not in their rules. I tried Google. It's in the WoWs rules but sadly I don't play WoWs, I play WoT.

Dorander #23 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20349 battles

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

I don't like the service WG has provided for the past few years. It is up to Paypal to judge.

The PMM article really ticked me off, the direction the game is going ticks me off, their overt money-hungriness ticks me off, the "support" they provide ticks me off, it's time to give them a taste of their own medicine while leaving the game. I'm done with WoT and I have absolutely no mercy for WG when it comes to money.

You can defend WG all you want but they'll just keep milking you for more money while I walk off happily with 250 euro and play some other game backed by a company that doesn't violate my rectum every other day. To the people criticizing me: the joke's on you.

It's not about defending Wargaming. It's about whether or not you're behaving like a twit.

You may not like the service WG has provided you with, but apparently it was good enough that you purchased things from them anyway. You didn't lend them that money. You have no right to a refund. You can try whatever you like with Paypal but you're never going to be able to justify this. If you want to leave, leave, but that money you paid is no longer yours.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #24 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostDorander, on 03 June 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

It's not about defending Wargaming. It's about whether or not you're behaving like a twit.

You may not like the service WG has provided you with, but apparently it was good enough that you purchased things from them anyway. You didn't lend them that money. You have no right to a refund. You can try whatever you like with Paypal but you're never going to be able to justify this. If you want to leave, leave, but that money you paid is no longer yours.

Of course I'm being a [edited]. But WG treats its customers like crap, they've been twats for years. What goes around comes around. Why should I leave the game quietly when I can also leave the game with money in my pocket?

Again, no mercy for the scumbags running this game. I knew I would catch a lot flak for this from the community, but I'm also pretty sure there are people out there interested in seeing how this will turn out with regards to Paypal. 

Paypal will decide if I have the right to a refund. Not me, not WG, and definitely not you.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 07:59 PM.

TheDrownedApe #25 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47537 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
there's been a couple if times where 8ve asked a difficult question that might require a little effort on their part to find the answer. in these instances they have tried to fob me off with replies that are nonsense. I reply and someone else replies saying their colleague was right..... then they close the ticket..

it pisses me off that they do this and can't be arsed to do the work. steal what you can off them; they deserve it for their lazyness

jack_timber #26 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37419 battles

I find this slightly odd. The reason for this is WG is a F2P game you only spend money through you own free will....

NUKLEAR_SLUG #27 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32396 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

Of course I'm being a [edited]. But WG treats its customers like crap, they've been twats for years. What goes around comes around. Why should I leave the game quietly when I can also leave the game with money in my pocket?

Again, no mercy for the scumbags running this game. I knew I would catch a lot flak for this from the community, but I'm also pretty sure there are people out there interested in seeing how this will turn out with regards to Paypal. 

Paypal will decide if I have the right to a refund. Not me, not WG, and definitely not you.

It's not the community, it's anyone who isn't a scumbag. You paid for whatever and you got given whatever you paid for. WG owes you nothing unless and until they fail to provide you with the goods/service you paid for.

You're intending to commit fraud. I hope you get caught.

BravelyRanAway #28 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23508 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

Provide me with a link to the 2-month rule, because WG support can't. I was already planning on quitting the game bro, this is not a random tantrum, it's a build-up of many things, this is the last straw.

Here... https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/articles/51/#section_0

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #29 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 03 June 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

It's not the community, it's anyone who isn't a scumbag. You paid for whatever and you got given whatever you paid for. WG owes you nothing unless and until they fail to provide you with the goods/service you paid for.

You're intending to commit fraud. I hope you get caught.

Already triple checked it: it's not fraud.

WG are money-hungry scumbags, they can expect to receive the same treatment they give to their customers. So now I'm a money-hungry scumbag. 

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 03 June 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

That refers to the automated restoration system. It was implemented in 9.16 and wasn't backwards compatible, so some restorations had to be done through a Support Ticket. And then Support comes up with a completely arbitrary 2-month rule that is not written down anywhere, except on the answer sheet the employees get to provide "customer support". If I had sold this vehicle a year ago, the system would've restored my tank because there is no time limit on Rare tanks. But Support doesn't follow the rules of its own automated restoration system.

This is simply poor customer service. It's also impossible to get them to realize this, because I get an answer from a different employee each time and even after 10 messages back and forth I still get the occasional completely out of place copy-paste response lol. 

Nice try though.

Edited by NickMustaine, 04 June 2018 - 08:25 AM.

BravelyRanAway #30 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23508 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

That refers to the automated restoration system. 

It looks to me that they've decided not to restore any premium/rare tanks bought before 9.16......considering when 9.16 was introduced, it makes the 2 month rule a bit of a joke, TBH.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #31 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32396 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

Already triple checked it: it's not fraud.

Wrong. The paypal protections are to cover failure to receive your digital content. Since you received your digital content you aren't eligible.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #32 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 03 June 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

Wrong. The paypal protections are to cover failure to receive your digital content. Since you received your digital content you aren't eligible.

Legally? As long as I don't lie in my dispute I am not at fault.

Morally? WG doesn't know what that word means.

I'm doing the same thing they do to their customers: legally all is well, morally I'm a scumbag. I will leave this thread alone for now, will provide updates on the process when I have them!

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 08:28 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #33 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32396 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Legally? As long as I don't lie in my dispute I am not at fault.

Morally? WG doesn't know what that word means.

I'm doing the same thing they do to their customers: legally all is well, morally I'm a scumbag. I will leave this thread alone for now, will provide updates on the process when I have them!

Legally. You're trying to recover funds for a service you were contractually provided. That's fraud.

Morally. You don't seem to know what it means either.

Legally, you're screwed. Morally, yes, you're a scumbag.

Agent_327 #34 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18659 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

Well not that I agree with OP in any way. 

I accidentally drunk-bought the KV-5 a few years back and when i logged in to the game the day after and saw what I had done, I tried to get a refund for it claiming that it was a mistake that I bought it. The support then told me that when you use the goods they are not refundable. Even though I thought that it was a bit harsh I guess that it makes sense so I have a KV-5 that I have driven 31 times the last few years.

The morale is: You don't have to be a *edited* about it and just acknowledge that you did something that you now regret. Stop playing wot and get on with your life:great:

Edited by NickMustaine, 04 June 2018 - 08:28 AM.
Inappropriate remarks

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #35 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 03 June 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Legally. You're trying to recover funds for a service you were contractually provided. That's fraud.

Morally. You don't seem to know what it means either.

Legally, you're screwed. Morally, yes, you're a scumbag.

We'll see what happens, like I said, I will post updates. I have to say though, you're an idiot if you think opening a Paypal dispute and telling the full truth can get you into any legal trouble. Disputes can be opened for many more reasons than not receiving your goods. For example, not being satisfied with the goods. That's why it's called a dispute: both parties don't agree. Paypal judges and is responsible.

I just got this gem, apparently all of us tankers need to read the WoWS FAQ too just in case, so we don't miss any WoT rules! And for some reason WoWP is mentioned too, idk what they are smoking. Oh, and Blitz players also need to check out the WoWS FAQ!

*edited*

Edited by NickMustaine, 04 June 2018 - 08:30 AM.
Don't share CS answers

slitth #36 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13008 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

Well you still have to give a good reason for dispute the payments.

- Not receiving goods and having reported this to the company in due time.

- Take advantage of return right if they are possible.

- Double payment of goods

- Faulty goods. (Goods not living up to informed specs)

- Faulty Invoice

- Fraud

In most case you most likely have to provide proof that you follow the necessary procedure before PayPal will contact WG.

Steve8066 #37 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14954 battles

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

I just got this gem, apparently all of us tankers need to read the WoWS FAQ too just in case, so we don't miss any WoT rules! And for some reason WoWP is mentioned too, idk what they are smoking. Oh, and Blitz players also need to check out the WoWS FAQ!

*edited*

Good luck to WG trying to enforce rules that are posted on the WoWS site for the WoT game if they arent posted on the WoT site.

_snowfIake__ #38 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27873 battles

Even if you claim back a small amount through PayPal for one genuine dispute (like some tomatoes here are suggesting) you will still have your account blocked. It would be stupid not to try to get back everything you can. Why should you let them keep your money when you are left with nothing?

Edited by _snowfIake__, 03 June 2018 - 09:23 PM.

slitth #39 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13008 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View Post_snowfIake__, on 03 June 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

Even if you claim back a small amount through PayPal for one genuine dispute (like some tomatoes here are suggesting) you will still have your account blocked. It would be stupid not to try to get back everything you can. Why should you let them keep your money when you are left with nothing?

If WG has uphold their legal part of the bargain, they you are not entitled the money back.

And bad customer service is rarely against the law.

It just bad business.

But why not try for a ban from PayPal will we are at it.

Bulldog_Drummond #40 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 31829 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Basically OP is telling us that he wants to welsh on payments he has made in good faith for goods delivered as promised, and he wants our support for that?

Blow that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users