PayPal disputes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

DA_ZOHAN #41 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56751 battles

If you bought items, & received them,  and then dispute the charges on said items, then you are a criminal.

If you bought an item, and did not receive it, then by all means dispute the charge, since you are acting upon your right as a consumer to protect your money.

Bulldog_Drummond #42 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 32199 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 03 June 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

If you bought items, & received them,  and then dispute the charges on said items, then you are a criminal.

If you bought an item, and did not receive it, then by all means dispute the charge, since you are acting upon your right as a consumer to protect your money.

I rarely agree with Da Zohan but in this case I do.  

OP actually has the barefaced cheek to ask us to condone and support what is tantamount to thieving.

Nethraniel #43 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13698 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So... just to get that in my head...

OP

1) bought prem tank somwhat in the past

2) sold prem tank a year ago

3) wants now to reinstate sold prem tank

4) WG says no

5) OP is upset

6) OP wants to dispute year old payment, because he sold his own prem tank

is that right?

DA_ZOHAN #44 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56751 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

OP actually has the barefaced cheek to ask us to condone and support what is tantamount to thieving.

Here is another try.

The sky is.....BLUE (ugh, you probably live in northern Europe, so grey...)

Edited by DA_ZOHAN, 03 June 2018 - 09:49 PM.

_snowfIake__ #45 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28167 battles

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 03 June 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

Hey do you want to buy my BMW for £10k? But after 3 weeks I will take it back and keep the money.

DA_ZOHAN #46 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56751 battles

View Post_snowfIake__, on 03 June 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

Hey do you want to buy my BMW for £10k? But after 3 weeks I will take it back and keep the money.

​Unless you are Richard Rawlings.  Who buys the Beemer for 6k, then sells it to you for 10k, then buys it back for 6K saying the market crashed, then sells it for 12k...

Bulldog_Drummond #47 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 32199 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 03 June 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

Here is another try.

Blue skies?  Yes, I remember those.  It was in the summer of 1976.

BravelyRanAway #48 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23803 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

Nice try though.

I just again read through that page I linked to you and it does say in cases where you can restore using the 'Tech tree' or 'The in-game store', it does say clearly that there is a timer counting down the recovery period and after that you no longer can restore. So, it would appear that this rule is there in writing and would also apply to rare vehicles before 9.16 and as 9.16 launch was a lot more than two months ago you cannot restore. It would be unfair to treat older restore requests differently to those post 9.16.

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #49 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22798 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Blue skies?  Yes, I remember those.  It was in the summer of 1976.

Dearest Bulldog,

It was a fine summer indeed. I was in Towyn, north Wales on the beach, when i was assaulted by Squillions of lady birds.

It was all the rage back then, but i remember being thoroughly fed up with the crunchy fekers in my '99'.

Back on topic, Trog you bought the goods, they were delivered, and you rage sold the tank.

Nuff said really.

Regards

Tommy.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #50 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

Everyone seems to think filing a PayPal dispute means I'm going to claim WG didn't deliver something and that I'm trying to scam them.

I'm not going to post the contents of the disputes here for obvious reasons, but I will formulate proper and honest reasons for wanting that money back, and WG will have an honest chance to defend themselves. If I can't resolve my issue with WG, Paypal will be the judge. They can still rule against me. I will never claim I did not receive the goods.

There are three possible scenarios for me:

1. I get some or all of my money back and my account is locked.

2. WG agrees to restore the tank anyway and the PayPal disputes are resolved that way, without PayPal's involvement.

3. I lose the disputes and quit the game without any gain.

All 3 are fine by me. But I'm not letting this little thing slide. I was already on the verge of quitting and this would be the final straw.

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 03 June 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

I just again read through that page I linked to you and it does say in cases where you can restore using the 'Tech tree' or 'The in-game store', it does say clearly that there is a timer counting down the recovery period and after that you no longer can restore. So, it would appear that this rule is there in writing and would also apply to rare vehicles before 9.16 and as 9.16 launch was a lot more than two months ago you cannot restore. It would be unfair to treat older restore requests differently to those post 9.16.

It also says 'Rare" vehicles do not have a timer, they can always be restored. The vehicle in question is a "Rare" vehicle, but the automated restoration system can't handle it because I sold it before it was implemented. I agree with you that it is unfair to treat older requests differently from those post 9.16, and that is exactly what WG is doing now!

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 10:37 PM.

vixu #51 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44384 battles

So.... you are going to do some thing, that has a potential to get you into legal trouble.... over a game? Sure... go ahead....

Bulldog_Drummond #52 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 32199 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

I will never claim I did not receive the goods.

So you got the goods and what you are doing now is tantamount to thieving.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #53 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postvixu, on 03 June 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

So.... you are going to do some thing, that has a potential to get you into legal trouble.... over a game? Sure... go ahead....

There is no potential for legal trouble. You don't know what you're talking about.

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

So you got the goods and what you are doing now is tantamount to thieving.

There are many reasons to file a dispute even if you received the goods. You are in no position to judge this, Bulldog, for you have no idea what the contents of my dispute will be. If Paypal deems the claim illegitimate they won't grant it. If they do, then apparently my claim has merit. I'm gathering all the transactions and drafting up the disputes now, I have about a week left to do this and still dispute all 20 of them.

Apparently Wargaming locks someone's entire account even after 1 small PayPal dispute. Imagine if I filed a legitimate $5 dispute and they lock my account with $2000 of stuff in it. Who's the thief here?

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 10:45 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #54 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 32199 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

There are many reasons to file a dispute even if you received the goods. You are in no position to judge this, Bulldog, for you have no idea what the contents of my dispute will be. If Paypal deems the claim illegitimate they won't grant it. If they do, then apparently my claim has merit. I'm gathering all the transactions and drafting up the disputes now, I have about a week left to do this and still dispute all 20 of them.

Paypal generally sides with the buyer even when the buyer has obtained the goods fraudulently.  There are numerous examples of this and easily searchable.

If you got the goods and they were as described then you are trying to cheat WG.  Not something I could give a toss about, but don't claim the moral high ground or try and get our support.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #55 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

Paypal generally sides with the buyer even when the buyer has obtained the goods fraudulently.  There are numerous examples of this and easily searchable.

If you got the goods and they were as described then you are trying to cheat WG.  Not something I could give a toss about, but don't claim the moral high ground or try and get our support.

I was never trying to get your support, I was looking for similar experiences. You say PayPal generally sides with the buyer, I'm not so sure about that because a) I will be filing 20 disputes on the same day and b) I will fully admit to receiving the goods, my reason for disputing will be different.

Now I will be posting here for updates. It will be useful information to other people in similar situations. And with the whole "Russian Refund" thing I can see how more people might be interested in PayPal disputes to get money back and leave the game. WG is not making friends with all their money-grabbing strategies over the past few years.

About claiming the moral high ground, WG has done much shadier stuff. I'm a guy with a proper conscience, perhaps even too proper, putting others ahead of myself. But when it comes to WG I feel nothing. And that's their own fault.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 11:02 PM.

Pansenmann #56 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35643 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 03 June 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

Here is another try.

yeah, the sky was quite blue in the past weeks.

had no rain in some parts of germany for over 7 weeks now! :ohmy:

I can only repeat what BD said

NUKLEAR_SLUG #57 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32795 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

b) I will fully admit to receiving the goods, my reason for disputing will be different.

So your dispute will read essentially. "Dear Paypal, WG were mean to me and said 'No', please punish them by taking back all the money I gave them even tho I received all items/services for which I paid."?

Yeah, I'm sure..

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

I'm a guy with a proper conscience, perhaps even too proper, putting others ahead of myself.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #58 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 03 June 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

So your dispute will read essentially. "Dear Paypal, WG were mean to me and said 'No', please punish them by taking back all the money I gave them even tho I received all items/services for which I paid."?

Yeah, I'm sure..

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm not going to disclose the contents of my disputes but I will post screenshots of me having filed them as well as the results. We'll see who's laughing at the end. :)  250 euro isn't small change, but the main point is someone needs to teach them they can't *edited* get away with whatever they want. The last reply I got from support was they can't restore my tank because it would be unfair to other players who want the same. Uh..  then give those other players a one-time pre-9.16 tank restoration as well? What is the problem? WG is the problem.

They're going to have an even bigger problem with the Russian Refund.

Edited by NickMustaine, 04 June 2018 - 08:34 AM.
Inappropriate remarks

Tealo #59 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39021 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF
I know several people who have got their money back from WG though Paypal, back dated to 3 months of course WG then blocks the account and yes Paypal will side with the consumer..

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #60 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTealo, on 03 June 2018 - 11:24 PM, said:

I know several people who have got their money back from WG though Paypal, back dated to 3 months of course WG then blocks the account and yes Paypal will side with the consumer..

Interesting, thank you for this info. Them blocking the entire account rather than removing the disputed content is rather shady. I might be able to do something with that as well when they block mine.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 03 June 2018 - 11:27 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users