PayPal disputes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

Hardass #61 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34354 battles
  • [-SNR-] -SNR-

FML can you imagine the next post by the OP if PayPal dont pay out personally i hope they don't i hope you dont get a penny back and to be fair i dont think you will WG will tell Paypal what they need to hear because if they dont then the flood gates open and every man and his Dog will be doing the same as you so IMO you have 0 Chance of gettign a refund.

But if you send WG a Ticket for another 2000 gold you might get a response from a Human Being.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #62 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostHardass, on 03 June 2018 - 11:28 PM, said:

FML can you imagine the next post by the OP if PayPal dont pay out personally i hope they don't i hope you dont get a penny back and to be fair i dont think you will WG will tell Paypal what they need to hear because if they dont then the flood gates open and every man and his Dog will be doing the same as you so IMO you have 0 Chance of gettign a refund.

But if you send WG a Ticket for another 2000 gold you might get a response from a Human Being.

So far I haven't heard of anyone losing a PayPal dispute vs. Wargaming. From a business perspective it's probably cheaper to ignore disputes rather than have a team handle them, which is time-intensive. People cost money. That's why their support team consists of 50% chat bots.

Hardass #63 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34354 battles
  • [-SNR-] -SNR-

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

So far I haven't heard of anyone losing a PayPal dispute vs. Wargaming. From a business perspective it's probably cheaper to ignore disputes rather than have a team handle them, which is time-intensive. People cost money. That's why their support team consists of 50% chat bots.

To be fair i have heard 0 players winning one either as i said i dont think WG would let that happen due to them having to potentially pay out on 100 of accounts as i said i think you have 0 chance i might be wrong.

I also think you are way out of order you suddenly dont like the game anymore and want your money back and i would not be surprised at all if you have not done this before.

Bulldog_Drummond #64 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

General

• Player
  • 32193 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Numerous people who bought "cheap" gifted gold from third party scammer sites using Ebay ended up having to pay for it or have their accounts blocked,

It distresses me to say this to a fellow clan member but from what you have said here so far I hope that WG tear you to pieces on this.

Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 03 June 2018 - 11:39 PM.

nakkipeppu #65 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32942 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

About claiming the moral high ground, WG has done much shadier stuff. I'm a guy with a proper conscience, perhaps even too proper, putting others ahead of myself. But when it comes to WG I feel nothing. And that's their own fault.

You are screwing everybody else over yourself. As with banks do with defaulted loans, insurance companies do with insurance frauds, credit/payment processors make the rest of the users pay for their losses through increased charges.

Look, you can commit fraud all you want, and see what the consequences are. Maybe there won't be any, maybe there will. But don't throw words like "morals", "conscience" and "proper" around when you're being 100% selfish. Stunt you're pulling out is the reason we can't have nice things. No amount of moral gymnastics and lies you tell yourself is going to cover the fact that as a person, you're being immature and just flat out untrustworthy.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #66 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostHardass, on 03 June 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

To be fair i have heard 0 players winning one either as i said i dont think WG would let that happen due to them having to potentially pay out on 100 of accounts as i said i think you have 0 chance i might be wrong.

I also think you are way out of order you suddenly dont like the game anymore and want your money back and i would not be surprised at all if you have not done this before.

Nope, never done this before. I'm currently figuring out how a Paypal dispute works.

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

Numerous people who bought "cheap" gifted gold from third party scammer sites using Ebay ended up having to pay for it or have their accounts blocked,

It distresses me to say this to a fellow clan member but from what you have said here so far I hope that WG tear you to pieces on this.

I'm no longer a fellow clan member of yours. I don't appreciate how Dingers are quick to publicly judge a "fellow clan member" without knowing the full nature of the disputes he is filing. Perhaps you should've asked me first.

Bulldog_Drummond #67 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 32193 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

I'm no longer a fellow clan member of yours. I don't appreciate how Dingers are quick to publicly judge a "fellow clan member" without knowing the full nature of the disputes he is filing. Perhaps you should've asked me first.

Tant pis.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #68 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postnakkipeppu, on 03 June 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

You are screwing everybody else over yourself. As with banks do with defaulted loans, insurance companies do with insurance frauds, credit/payment processors make the rest of the users pay for their losses through increased charges.

Look, you can commit fraud all you want, and see what the consequences are. Maybe there won't be any, maybe there will. But don't throw words like "morals", "conscience" and "proper" around when you're being 100% selfish. Stunt you're pulling out is the reason we can't have nice things. No amount of moral gymnastics and lies you tell yourself is going to cover the fact that as a person, you're being immature and just flat out untrustworthy.

Sounds like you're describing WG.

https://www.youtube....h?v=xjlgUx7_aN0

It's funny that even WG support says they respect my decision to file PayPal disputes in my specific situation yet the community somehow has a negative opinion about it, lol.

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

Tant pis.

Dingers never were nice to me, but Dinger posts in this thread took it too far. Remember you only know half the story, the other half are assumptions.

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 04 June 2018 - 12:04 AM.

divsmo #69 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35480 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

Dingers never were nice to me, but Dinger posts in this thread took it too far. Remember you only know half the story, the other half are assumptions.

Awwww were those bad dingers mean to you :P

ValkyrionX #70 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 49986 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

another proof that wg is a *edited*

it is completely illegal or illegitimate to block the account of a player who has asked his money back as unsatisfied

this company proves more and more how painful it is, and above all each of us (or almost) has personally tested how the customer service of this game is a total take for the [edited]

Edited by NickMustaine, 04 June 2018 - 08:36 AM.
Inapprorpiate remarks

NUKLEAR_SLUG #71 Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32793 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostValkyrionX, on 04 June 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

it is completely illegal or illegitimate to block the account of a player who has asked his money back as unsatisfied

No it isn't. However it is "illegal and illegitimate" as you put it to pay for goods or services, make use of those goods or services and then try to claim your money back under false pretences. 

Joggaman #72 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 June 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

Dingers never were nice to me

R.I.P   :(

Edited by Joggaman, 04 June 2018 - 07:22 AM.

Homer_J #73 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Thank you for this information, this is very interesting. The money I spent in the last 180 days is worth more to me than my WoT account.  We're talking around 250 euro.

Claiming I should get my money back is partially subjective and Paypal is the party that ultimately decides the outcome so I doubt it can be called fraud.

Paypal won't "decide" anything, your case won't be looked at by a human, WG won't fight it through Paypal's biased system, you will get an automatic win and then WG will come after you directly.  If it was 10 Euro then it's probably not worth them going to any great lengths other than locking your account, if it really is several hundred Euro then expect a knock at the door.

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

If you dispute a traffic fine and the cop who gave it to you doesn't show up in court, you get the fine back. 

You may want to find a better internet lawyer because that's certainly not the way it works in the UK.

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

I'm laughing my butt off, I demanded a link from support about the "we only restore Rare tanks sold in the past 2 months" policy and they linked me to a World of Warships FAQ.

Like I said, I will provide updates on this topic. Will open the disputes tonight. To be continued.

Can you point us to the blog or FB page or whatever you are going to use just in case WG block your access to this forum?

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

It's not in their rules. I tried Google. It's in the WoWs rules but sadly I don't play WoWs, I play WoT.

No, because they do not do restorations through support at all since the facility was added to the game.  The 2 month rule is no longer relevant.

Support got that bit wrong but that's hardly cause to claim back several hundred Euros.

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Legally? As long as I don't lie in my dispute I am not at fault.

You don't have a dispute unless you lie.

View PostTr0gledyte, on 03 June 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

So far I haven't heard of anyone losing a PayPal dispute vs. Wargaming. 

Like I said, they don't waste their time fighting the Paypal dispute because they know Paypal generally side with the buyer anyway and it's easier for them to chase you for the money you have stolen from them without Paypal's involvement.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #74 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 04 June 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

Paypal won't "decide" anything, your case won't be looked at by a human, WG won't fight it through Paypal's biased system, you will get an automatic win and then WG will come after you directly.  If it was 10 Euro then it's probably not worth them going to any great lengths other than locking your account, if it really is several hundred Euro then expect a knock at the door.

You may want to find a better internet lawyer because that's certainly not the way it works in the UK.

Can you point us to the blog or FB page or whatever you are going to use just in case WG block your access to this forum?

No, because they do not do restorations through support at all since the facility was added to the game.  The 2 month rule is no longer relevant.

Support got that bit wrong but that's hardly cause to claim back several hundred Euros.

You don't have a dispute unless you lie.

Like I said, they don't waste their time fighting the Paypal dispute because they know Paypal generally side with the buyer anyway and it's easier for them to chase you for the money you have stolen from them without Paypal's involvement.

Gee you must be a lot of fun at parties. Glad I no longer share a clan with you.

A knock on the door? Rofl. PayPal legally decides, even if it's automated as you claim, PayPal gives the refund and is responsible. And you're quite wrong, I do have a dispute without lying. You realize a dispute is subjective right? If I wanted to I could even open a dispute saying Wargaming's recent conduct ruined my experience of the game and thus the virtual goods I purchased, whether or not that's worthy of a refund would be decided by PayPal.

But really, the knock on the door made my day, thank you. :D I wonder how they would chase me for money PayPal refunded me. Through the Russian Mafia perhaps?

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 04 June 2018 - 07:56 AM.

_b_ #75 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 56287 battles

Considering how WG-EU describes their assorted 'great limited exclusive and what nots' stuff they sell ... guess all of us could open disputes and actually have all rights on our sides with regards to disputes.

Ofc they'll disable your account and will be sad to see you go, way to few of the old-timers left but good luck and hope you find another game to throw money at :great:

Homer_J #76 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 June 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

PayPal legally decides,

You believe that if you like.

You might find that Paypal are not a legal body and WG have every right to pursue you for money you owe them through other means.  In the UK that would probably mean getting a court order and sending the bailiffs round with the associated inflated costs.

But hey I'm no internet lawyer so I suggest you get some proper legal advice.

NickMustaine #77 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:15 AM

• 224 battles
Hello guys, 

I had to move this thread from Gameplay to Off-Topic. Keep in mind that you can solve this problems only through our CS. 

Have a nice day! :) 

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #78 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 04 June 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

You believe that if you like.

You might find that Paypal are not a legal body and WG have every right to pursue you for money you owe them through other means.  In the UK that would probably mean getting a court order and sending the bailiffs round with the associated inflated costs.

But hey I'm no internet lawyer so I suggest you get some proper legal advice.

Yeah, you're definitely no internet lawyer, so don't pretend to be. If WG wants to fight the outcome of a PayPal dispute they have to fight it with PayPal, the party that granted the buyer his money back (the buyer can't *take* the money). Which they won't. End of story. I am filing the disputes today.

Homer_J #79 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTr0gledyte, on 04 June 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Yeah, you're definitely no internet lawyer, so don't pretend to be. If WG wants to fight the outcome of a PayPal dispute they have to fight it with PayPal, the party that granted the buyer his money back (the buyer can't *take* the money). Which they won't. End of story. I am filing the disputes today.

GL & HF

Oh, don't forget that blog or whatever.  Would hate to miss the outcome of this.

Edited by Homer_J, 04 June 2018 - 08:37 AM.

Somnorila #80 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 57489 battles

View PostDr_ownape, on 03 June 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

there's been a couple if times where 8ve asked a difficult question that might require a little effort on their part to find the answer. in these instances they have tried to fob me off with replies that are nonsense. I reply and someone else replies saying their colleague was right..... then they close the ticket..

it pisses me off that they do this and can't be arsed to do the work. steal what you can off them; they deserve it for their lazyness

I don't know. I too asked difficult questions and got in return pretty sensible answers. I mean they were not satisfying but sensible. That's why i believe that this customer service has only one function, to solve paying issues. As for the rest of the issues, they are not authorized to do squat. So the issue is not with the support department but with the freaking brass who wants to make movies, to go in space or whatever else that doesn't have absolutely nothing in common with the game or improving it. They need money not happy players, so as long the paying players are still buying crap, their sentiments are not WG's point of interest at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users