• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Bukem_Danno #1 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20023 battles
  • [LTJ] LTJ

In a word, Communism.

For so long, the developers of WG were subject to the ideals of communism, especially Victor Kislyi. They were told how to think and how to act for so long it became ingrained in their psyche and this has directly influenced the game they now develop, World of Tanks,

Communism basically tells you how to think and act, it's the same with WoT, If something is wrong, don't worry about it, live with it, we know best. Victor admitted this, in this interview.

https://ritastatusre...nks-by-polygon/

“We were a little arrogant, let’s say, three years ago,” Kislyi told Polygon. “We were thinking we know everything that our players need without talking intensively to them ourselves. It turned into — I wouldn’t call it a disaster, but we hit the wall at some point.”

Now ask yourselves, what has changed after this admission? Personally, I see nothing. They know what is wrong, but because they are still living the high life, they wont address obvious problems. They continue to market the game towards low skilled players, who they allow to play top tier tanks, with no penalty,

Their 'customer service' is a joke, but really, in their eyes, who needs customer service, when we have a legion of kids spending money on their parents c cards? (Communism anyone?)

Viktor has a history of delivering mediocre games and has now delivered one with mass appeal and is obviously determined to milk it for all it's worth, despite it's flaws, why?, because he's making money, he has do desire to make an enjoyable game, just so long as he can live the life of someone with money.

And all this stems from a communist background, as long as you keep the proletariat in the dark, the longer the people at the top of the food chain can keep profiting from their ignorance.

So there we have it, the problem with WG, communism.

Bulldog_Drummond #2 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 30345 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBukem_Danno, on 03 June 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

Most perceptive

panter22 #3 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15017 battles
the problem with WG is it is run by this guy 

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18593 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostBukem_Danno, on 03 June 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

Viktor has a history of delivering mediocre games and has now delivered one with mass appeal and is obviously determined to milk it for all it's worth, despite it's flaws, why?, because he's making money, he has do desire to make an enjoyable game, just so long as he can live the life of someone with money.

So dont play it if you dont enjoy it. 

Why should anyone who creates a game have to change that game to suit you? It not like you are being forced to play it. You choose to play it.

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 04 June 2018 - 09:02 AM.

Karasu_Hidesuke #5 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16170 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Whereas we in the west are given Hobson's choice and being manipulated at all times through mass media and entertainment... not that I like communism, but at least it is pretty easy to spot for what it is unlike the gunk being dished out at us in the 'Free world'....

Babbet_1 #6 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11517 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBukem_Danno, on 03 June 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

In a word, Communism.

No, not just Communism, autocracies in general all behave the same. Do you think that there was any more freedom of thought or speech in those countries under the tsars? Or in England during the reign of Bloody Mary? Or Spain during the Inquisition? (ok, to pre-empt you, nobody expects... etc,etc). Or in Germany under "he who's name must not be mentioned here"? Or in North Korea today? etc, etc ad nauseam!

Life is all about power, the struggle to control the minds and bodies of others, and the trappings and riches that go to those who do it best!

There - ravings of a well practiced cynic over!   :sceptic:

Tealo #7 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34973 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF
To the Op what you have described is classical Corporate Capitalism..LOL Which is characterized by the dominance of hierarchical, bureaucratic, profit driven psychopath: They create confusion around them (divide and rule etc.) using instrumental bullying to promote their own agenda, which of course is simple profit and only profit.. Which doesn't care about such thing as a good product or any other ethical consideration.. Examples would be Apple, Coke, Mcdonalds etc..Substandard product masked by PR ie Marketing (Propaganda) which is overly overpriced dross.

WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16627 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
Took you this long to realize that?

Enforcer1975 #9 Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
You are kind of right...considering how ex communist Angela Merkel governs over Germany and her comments on things she shouldn't have started in the first place: "Wir machen das"  which basically means "Suck it up". Like Donald Trump she only got the position because the alternatives were even worse....people tend to choose the lesser evil. 

Dava_117 #10 Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I think you have no idea what communism is excep some propaganda filtered information from cold war. 

Most of the problem you state there are far closer to the one pointed out by Marx than you think.

BTW, IIRC politics should be avoided in this forum, so don't expect this thread to last long...

Karasu_Hidesuke #11 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16170 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostEnforcer1975, on 04 June 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

You are kind of right...considering how ex communist Angela Merkel governs over Germany and her comments on things she shouldn't have started in the first place: "Wir machen das"  which basically means "Suck it up". Like Donald Trump she only got the position because the alternatives were even worse....people tend to choose the lesser evil. 

There are problems with 'the lesser evil' because by definition it is still evil. Another problem is that it doesn't happen unless you are reduced to choosing between two options. I'm sure Ralph Nader would have been a better choice for president than Al Gore, and Al Gore would have been a much better choice by leaps and bounds than George W. Bush who was never actually elected for first term.... unlike someone whose name shall not be spoken.

signal11th #12 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38265 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostBrowarszky, on 04 June 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

There are problems with 'the lesser evil' because by definition it is still evil. Another problem is that it doesn't happen unless you are reduced to choosing between two options. I'm sure Ralph Nader would have been a better choice for president than Al Gore, and Al Gore would have been a much better choice by leaps and bounds than George W. Bush who was never actually elected for first term.... unlike someone whose name shall not be spoken.

Personally I think the "lesser evil" politicians are by default the more devious ones because they are usually as bad as the total nut-cases just a bit more adept at hiding it.

Dorander #13 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18669 battles

In a word, Communism.

For so long, the developers of WG were subject to the ideals of communism, especially Victor Kislyi. They were told how to think and how to act for so long it became ingrained in their psyche and this has directly influenced the game they now develop, World of Tanks,

Communism basically tells you how to think and act, it's the same with WoT, If something is wrong, don't worry about it, live with it, we know best. Victor admitted this, in this interview.

https://ritastatusre...nks-by-polygon/

“We were a little arrogant, let’s say, three years ago,” Kislyi told Polygon. “We were thinking we know everything that our players need without talking intensively to them ourselves. It turned into — I wouldn’t call it a disaster, but we hit the wall at some point.”

Now ask yourselves, what has changed after this admission? Personally, I see nothing. They know what is wrong, but because they are still living the high life, they wont address obvious problems. They continue to market the game towards low skilled players, who they allow to play top tier tanks, with no penalty,

Their 'customer service' is a joke, but really, in their eyes, who needs customer service, when we have a legion of kids spending money on their parents c cards? (Communism anyone?)

And all this stems from a communist background, as long as you keep the proletariat in the dark, the longer the people at the top of the food chain can keep profiting from their ignorance.

I've bolded the especially hilarious parts.

Selling a product that appeals to the masses in order to profit from it? Do you know what that is? Capitalism.

If this game had been made by a developer in the USA or the EU people'd be whining about how capitalistically minded companies sell us trash that we don't really need. But because Wargaming happens to be from Russia, it's "Communism".

Strappster #14 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 25613 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

They continue to market the game towards low skilled players, who they allow to play top tier tanks, with no penalty,

Have you considered that maybe not every player is content to play the bulk of their battles in a couple of low tier tanks they can do well in and prefer to give themselves a tougher challenge instead?

Karasu_Hidesuke #15 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16170 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

Communism is so devious, just watch Moorehead Rides Again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05TP9cdkfSQ

Balc0ra #16 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67397 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I did not even read half of it. But if that's what you think.. this game is def not for you. I suspect it's time for you to move on. 

Gremlin182 #17 Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 49624 battles

So its not the Iluminati the Masons or the Lizard people but Communism.

OK

I thought it was just a company attempting to make the most money.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #18 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24853 battles

I believe you're spelled, 'Consumerism', incorrectly.

I, also believe, that they know exactly what they are doing. They've fully embraced, 'consumerism', and know full well how to profit from it.

Every 'video' game has a shelf life, as more and better, and newer, more popular ones hit the streets and the public's' wallets. People will drift from pouring money into the older game, and start the process

of, pay-to-win/advance, in the newer game.

WG are just grabbing as much as they can, while they can, as soon as they can.

I could be wrong though. :hiding:

Enforcer1975 #19 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostGremlin182, on 04 June 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

So its not the Iluminati the Masons or the Lizard people but Communism.

OK

I thought it was just a company attempting to make the most money.

So EA is actually a russian company¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿  :ohmy:

Edited by Enforcer1975, 04 June 2018 - 05:02 PM.

krazypenguin #20 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27199 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 03 June 2018 - 10:45 PM, said:

Wow, has it been a year already???  Time flies...

Welcome back :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users