Jump to content


Special: Operation Overlord


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,703
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Take a peek now at these hot missions to see what being an Overlord is all about!

The full text of the news item

test_2018 #2 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:03 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2525 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    01-01-2018
Why would anyone play German tanks only for this special?

etody77 #3 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:42 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 61065 battles
  • 933
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015

View Posttest_2018, on 04 June 2018 - 06:03 AM, said:

Why would anyone play German tanks only for this special?

 

not for special, but for finishing them

and, yeah, for germany the reward could be bigger, because they are most hunted



sir_alex_ice #4 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:47 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36459 battles
  • 435
  • [TK-BR] TK-BR
  • Member since:
    05-16-2014

The reward for German tanks should be bigger, they are hunted by 3 other nations so they will be dead real quick. And no, it is not compensated by the fact that german tanks can supposedly do their mission faster due to more targets available.

Why? You can't shoot 3 tanks at the same time! Not even with arty, not really. But 3 tanks can shoot at the same time at the same tank.



morganakis_gr #5 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 67171 battles
  • 502
  • [GR_GR] GR_GR
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013
and i was wondering if this one are the sorry for last night servers crash... gjob in the middle of clan wars lol

undutchable80 #6 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:08 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6487 battles
  • 1,420
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View Postsir_alex_ice, on 04 June 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

The reward for German tanks should be bigger, they are hunted by 3 other nations so they will be dead real quick. And no, it is not compensated by the fact that german tanks can supposedly do their mission faster due to more targets available.

Why? You can't shoot 3 tanks at the same time! Not even with arty, not really. But 3 tanks can shoot at the same time at the same tank.

 

Completely agree. Playing the other three nations you can get a total of 15 cases of cola, 15 strong coffees and 15 pudding and teas. Complete the German missions and you only get 5 bars of chocolate. Make it 15 bars to equal the rewards!

 

 

EDIT: Never mind; German missions can be completed 3 times, whereas the US, UK and French missions can only be completed once.


Edited by undutchable80, 04 June 2018 - 07:10 AM.


BSHDBCG #7 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:10 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5082 battles
  • 209
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View Postundutchable80, on 04 June 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

 

Completely agree. Playing the other three nations you can get a total of 15 cases of cola, 15 strong coffees and 15 pudding and teas. Complete the German missions and you only get 5 bars of chocolate. Make it 15 bars to equal the rewards!

 

You did see that the Germans can complete their mission 3 times, where the other nations can only complete theirs once for each nation?

 

But yes, it seems unbalanced.


Edited by BSHDBCG, 04 June 2018 - 07:11 AM.


Avtonom #8 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 31189 battles
  • 134
  • [HAMI] HAMI
  • Member since:
    02-27-2014
hey, how about spaghetti for my progetti?!!! Could have Italians participated from submarines or at least watched this battle from International Space Station? If WOT arty can have a God view why Italians cannot be in Overlord in any crazy way possible? 

Edited by Avtonom, 04 June 2018 - 07:16 AM.


undutchable80 #9 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6487 battles
  • 1,420
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostBSHDBCG, on 04 June 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

 

You did see that the Germans can complete their mission 3 times, where the other nations can only complete theirs once for each nation?

 

But yes, it seems unbalanced.

 

Lol, you posted this at the same time as I edited my post, cuz you are right. Didnt see the "can be completed 3 times" the first time.:hiding:

 

Since no Tier restriction, I guess its time to roll out in my Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) :justwait:



MickShagger #10 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15979 battles
  • 261
  • [R3BLS] R3BLS
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
Lol thanks for letting everyone focus on the german tanks. 

Grand_Moff_Tano #11 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1434 battles
  • 10,567
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
So basically it'll be more or less impossible to play with people trying to kill a vehicle of a specific nation instead of playing in a team (not like they didn't already but hey).

z00ey #12 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:02 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15910 battles
  • 6
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    04-18-2016

So, 3 nations need to kill 10 german tanks to get 15 consumables, while german drivers need to kill 30 allied tanks for 15 consumables...

Thus made, everybody will drive the allied cause they reap 3x more, and there will be not enough germans to shoot at, so the missions will become tiresome. Cause I for sure won't be driving german these days and be focused all the time by allied arty (which will inevitably happen)...

best thing to do: drive soviet or chinese and have fun, noone will focus on you and you can choose your targets :)



Grand_Moff_Tano #13 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:04 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1434 battles
  • 10,567
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postz00ey, on 04 June 2018 - 07:02 AM, said:

So, 3 nations need to kill 10 german tanks to get 15 consumables, while german drivers need to kill 30 allied tanks for 15 consumables...

Thus made, everybody will drive the allied cause they reap 3x more, and there will be not enough germans to shoot at, so the missions will become tiresome. Cause I for sure won't be driving german these days and be focused all the time by allied arty (which will inevitably happen)...

best thing to do: drive soviet or chinese and have fun, noone will focus on you and you can choose your targets :)

 

No, Germans need to kill 10 British, French and/or American vehicles.

Rustybolt #14 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:23 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16000 battles
  • 179
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
Nice?

Badz360 #15 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:32 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8386 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

WG : Here, have some free stuff

 

Forum : Grumble, moan, nit-pick

 

c’mon - I can understand a right good moan about craplike PMM’s etc - but what is the downside here? Just play the game as normal and you will probably end up with some freebie consumables



Nethraniel #16 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12078 battles
  • 1,217
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Postz00ey, on 04 June 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

So, 3 nations need to kill 10 german tanks to get 15 consumables, while german drivers need to kill 30 allied tanks for 15 consumables...

Thus made, everybody will drive the allied cause they reap 3x more, and there will be not enough germans to shoot at, so the missions will become tiresome. Cause I for sure won't be driving german these days and be focused all the time by allied arty (which will inevitably happen)...

best thing to do: drive soviet or chinese and have fun, noone will focus on you and you can choose your targets :)

 

3 nations need to kill 10+10+10 German tanks to get 5+5+5 consumables, while the Germans need to kill 30 tanks of any of the other 3 nations to get 15 consumables.

So, more or less fair, just that playing a German tank will give you much more targets, while the other 3 nations will fight for each crump (frag).



Weak_man #17 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3196 battles
  • 136
  • Member since:
    12-31-2017
Like to do the kills of certain nations was not enough, you must be in top 10 xp and this for 150000 credits. Simply doesn't worth.

punkyjam67 #18 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20583 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    06-23-2012

View PostBadz360, on 04 June 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

WG : Here, have some free stuff

 

Forum : Grumble, moan, nit-pick

 

c’mon - I can understand a right good moan about craplike PMM’s etc - but what is the downside here? Just play the game as normal and you will probably end up with some freebie consumables

 

Jeez, you're just SO reasonable - how dare you?!

I'm deeply offended, I tell you! :);)

Weak_man #19 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:06 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3196 battles
  • 136
  • Member since:
    12-31-2017

Allied for 30 germans kills can get 45 consumables while germans for 30 allied kills get 15 consumables.

Probably it is good for tier 1-4 for tier 8-10 this missions is not so easy.



MickShagger #20 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15979 battles
  • 261
  • [R3BLS] R3BLS
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View PostNethraniel, on 04 June 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

 

3 nations need to kill 10+10+10 German tanks to get 5+5+5 consumables, while the Germans need to kill 30 tanks of any of the other 3 nations to get 15 consumables.

So, more or less fair, just that playing a German tank will give you much more targets, while the other 3 nations will fight for each crump (frag).

 

Fact is that if you're playing a german tank all guns will immediately point at you once spotted.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users