• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

undutchable80 #1 Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6490 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi forumites!

General question: since this weekend I experienced my screen going black several times (no, not the blue screen of death). This occurs mostly when I use the keyboard keys (and generally those on the left side). Sometimes the screen will go black only for a second, sometimes ~10 secs and a couple of times the screen went black for much longer, forcing me to hard kill my laptop and restart. I did notice that the processes would continue running, so its not a computer freeze, just the screen going black. Anyone have experience with this and have suggestions?

My rig: Asus ROG Strix GL553VW-FY079T

Thx,

Dutch

jack_timber #2 Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31622 battles

Hi Dutch

Do you have a monitor you can connect to? Then run laptop and external screen together to see if fault is replicated.

At least this will eliminate or confirm laptop's screen integrity.

Also connect ext keyboard, again see if fault is replicated.

Edited by jack_timber, 04 June 2018 - 08:21 AM.

Somnorila #3 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 55535 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU
Yep, test it with other peripherals to see if maybe those are faulty. Just from your limited info, i suppose that the issue might be the band connecting the monitor to the motherboard. And when using the keyboard, it slightly moves the board or band. You should try also moving the lid a bit and see if it sometimes goes black or lights again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users