• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

afoxm #1 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27726 battles
  • [B2D] B2D

Hi there,

did you ever recognize, that when nothing is in your aim reticle, your shots go to nirvana / heaven / ground a lot more? Since 1.0 i have the feeling that the hit boxes got a bit screwed up, since i cant properly aim at a bush, the reticle flips up or to sth beside that. Therefore i cant shoot the spot bush reliably.

Never recognized it in that way before 1.0. Think some "hitboxes" of map objects need some reconfiguration?

any oppinions? thx in advance.

tankqull #2 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19550 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

it seems that with 1.0 the distance of the background hills out of the map have changed from beeing the map border to somewhere far behind it leading to another shell trajectory forced on your reticle by the new engine

wich make your reticle jump up and down

Posted Image

Edited by tankqull, 04 June 2018 - 12:36 PM.

Tankyouverymuch2 #3 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28650 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Posttankqull, on 04 June 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

it seems that with 1.0 the distance of the background hills out of the map have changed from beeing the map border to somewhere far behind it leading to another shell trajectory forced on your reticle by the new engine

wich make your reticle jump up and down

Posted Image

...and this is much more apparent in Frontline, where the map is much larger.

Dorander #4 Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17854 battles

Your reticle would always jump a bit if the tank suddenly vanished from sight... bigger issue I occasionally have is that despite aiming at a spotted tank, my aiming point is at the ground for some reason. It's rare, but really annoying.

I've always wondered how these firing arc mechanics really work... like OP I've fired at bushes where I knew an unspotted enemy was and gotten high firing arcs overshooting the bush by a mile, but when I lead my reticle on a spotted driving target, as long as I gauge the distance he'll cover before my shot arrives decently, my shell never seems to overshoot.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63369 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Always been like that. It's just something you notice more after 1.0. As maps have terrain etc past the map borders. And not just "fog". Thus before you aimed at something with unlimited range away. Now the sight is adjusting for the mountain side behind the bush outside the map. Be that 500m away or 900m. It's why the sight jumped so high on FL. As the map was 9 times bigger. Thus the hills outside the map behind the objectives when you are on A is way back there. So then you went from aiming at a tank 400m away to a mountain 3km away. And the sight is compensating for drop. As you never aimed at the air in the bush before either. 

So even before 1.0 you had to aim lower not to send the shot to high. Since again, you are not aiming at the bush. But what's behind it. Be that sky or terrain. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 04 June 2018 - 03:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users