• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #21 Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16596 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 04 June 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

If too many players migrate to FL the game is on death row. Without influx of new players it will literally bleed to death as player leave and never come back, because no new players would be able to grind to T8...

That's just it.

Frontline should become the standard and replace Random Battles as the latter is obsolete, suitable only for Heavy Tank players.

At the very least, the map type should be seen more in Randoms and not just Grand Battles.

Element6 #22 Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29798 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWindSplitter1, on 04 June 2018 - 11:05 PM, said:

That's just it.

Frontline should become the standard and replace Random Battles as the latter is obsolete, suitable only for Heavy Tank players.

At the very least, the map type should be seen more in Randoms and not just Grand Battles.

So you are thinking that we should have FL in all tiers so that players can grind stock tanks and build from 75% crews? You might be forgetting something here, the guaranteed maximum 15 minute battletime of randoms, which is one of the appealing things about this game. Most players likely do not have as many battles as you and me, and would probably not have "grown tired" of the game like some of the forumites.

As with any product having a life cycle, so does a player in the given game. Question is, for how many should they rework the game to be mainly FL?

I played FL until I got to the first rank 30 or whatever they were called, and the last 5 battles or so what a real drag, I was already getting tired of it by then. Even after 28k battles randoms is by far the most alive and kicking mode for me, and I do not even play encounter or assault, only standard randoms. I would be shocked if I am in a minority that thinks like this. 

Randoms is not obsolete at all, but I understand that some people might feel that way. But it is not a fact, it is simply a personal opinion.

WindSplitter1 #23 Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16596 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 04 June 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

So you are thinking that we should have FL in all tiers so that players can grind stock tanks and build from 75% crews? You might be forgetting something here, the guaranteed maximum 15 minute battletime of randoms, which is one of the appealing things about this game. Most players likely do not have as many battles as you and me, and would probably not have "grown tired" of the game like some of the forumites.

As with any product having a life cycle, so does a player in the given game. Question is, for how many should they rework the game to be mainly FL?

I played FL until I got to the first rank 30 or whatever they were called, and the last 5 battles or so what a real drag, I was already getting tired of it by then. Even after 28k battles randoms is by far the most alive and kicking mode for me, and I do not even play encounter or assault, only standard randoms. I would be shocked if I am in a minority that thinks like this. 

Randoms is not obsolete at all, but I understand that some people might feel that way. But it is not a fact, it is simply a personal opinion.

Obviously. Too tired to elaborate my point. But mostly, there are aspects about FL that should be implemented in RB, like the map size, not necessarily the attack/defense, time extended, etc.

Element6 #24 Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29798 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWindSplitter1, on 04 June 2018 - 11:24 PM, said:

Obviously. Too tired to elaborate my point. But mostly, there are aspects about FL that should be implemented in RB, like the map size, not necessarily the attack/defense, time extended, etc.

Without timer extensions they could just delete 50% of the tanks in the game, because slow tanks would be horribly broken on such a large map. Among other issues.

Karasu_Hidesuke #25 Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16170 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postridicol, on 04 June 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

Some people, including myself find frontline boring, i wouldn't say t 8 mm is fun but the frontline mod is stale

Funny cause, 'stale' is exactly how I felt about returning to the 'Randoms' and the undersized maps.

One solution would be develop lower and higher tier versions of FL meaning smaller maps for lower tiers and larger for higher tiers. As it is, the random maps are way too small for high tier tanks with little room for variety of game play. The same applies to the rather limited variation in game modes, IMO.

Element6 #26 Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29798 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBrowarszky, on 04 June 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

Funny cause, 'stale' is exactly how I felt about returning to the 'Randoms' and the undersized maps.

One solution would be develop lower and higher tier versions of FL meaning smaller maps for lower tiers and larger for higher tiers. As it is, the random maps are way too small for high tier tanks with little room for variety of game play. The same applies to the rather limited variation in game modes, IMO.

Don't you think the sensible thing to start with is not your own needs, but actually how the playerbase received the mode? I mean, if for example only 8% of the playerbase played more FL than they did randoms, then reworking the entire game to the mode is not a very smart thing to do. It would be outright stupid. Then again, if 60% played it more than randoms, then it is worth looking into.

Randoms were working fine during FL, so I doubt the majority played most of their battles in FL during the event.

You know, it is not we that dictate what the product is going to be like, that is down to majority trends in the playerbase. If you belong to a minority, your opinion means jack all, unfortunately.

Stevesan #27 Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11956 battles
  • [MEEOW] MEEOW

Randoms are sort of not motivating for me anymore, for over two or three years now. Frontlines was a real fun though. Finally it made sense to have multiple tier 8 vehicles. Besides all the flaws the good players already pointed out in other threads I would love to see it as a permanent available game mode

• More maps with different winning conditions. hell, we are living in the 21st century. Wargaming could code the modes even being proceduraly generated, so that you barley have the same map and the same winning condition. 
  • Cycle through the tiers. 2 weeks tier 8, 2 weeks tier 5, 2 weeks tier 9, and so on
  • Get inspired by the "Operations" mode of Battelfield 1

Wargaming, you just recently made the game a real beauty with the new engine. Please, now give it more purpose for more players to be played. Random matches suck for years now. Thx :-)

TsundereWaffle #28 Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27233 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Although FL is pretty cool and all, I would much rather play T8 randoms

Wintermute_1 #29 Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44732 battles
The beauty of random battles is that they are quick, crap game?! 5 mins it's over, on to the next one. That's not the case with FL.

Edited by Wintermute_1, 05 June 2018 - 01:09 AM.

Kill_Binton #30 Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:43 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13452 battles
Frontline is the most fun i have had since they added Jagdtiger. Really.

Procjon #31 Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 56762 battles

If you care about money play Frontline.

If you care about winning play Random.

HF

Suurpolskija #32 Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

No it didn't. But it did show us that +-0 mm armor means nothing and if stats aren't included, people play like real [edited].

Mr_Burrows #33 Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45668 battles

What Frontline really showed with clarity is that there are only six maps in rotation worth playing: Prochorovka, Murovanka, Malinovka, Steppes, El Halluf and Sand river. Only maps where you get even a remote chance of moving around. No, Redshire does not count in my book. 

I might have forgotten some, but that pretty much sums it up I think.  

Frontline made WoT fun again, and now it is gone. Go figure. 

evcro #34 Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 4215 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 04 June 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

That's just it.

hahahahahahaha

frontline showed us that this game only has random battles

weird people hidding in 30 people teams zerging with no objective and making money when losing. sorry nope, frontline is stupid

but im all for bringing it permanent, more options to the players the better for us.

TheDrownedApe #35 Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 44560 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I played perhaps 2 fl matches most night then got bored quickly. there is no team play, no strategy, no skill. just drive and shoot. I assume it's great for grinding tier 8s but that's about it for me

Jack_Sparroxx #36 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 56860 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 04 June 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

A game mode focussed on grinding credits and xp, and no one cares about winning. Yeah, no thanks, not for me.

If I want to unlock as much sh!t as possible, i'll just play on the testserver.

Most dont care in randoms either, otherwise 95% of the player base wouldn't be so awful at the game. apart from ROFL stomps its up to the best 2-3 players to actually win the game, rest are nothing but canon fodder. 

Agent_327 #37 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17490 battles
  • [CAF] CAF
No, randoms are very much alive. FL takes too long time and are too chaotic. Though  I hope Wg improves it and makes it a permanent mode as the random MM were a lot healthier during FL.

DracheimFlug #38 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9095 battles
Some of us crazy people play both..... lol

mortalsatsuma #39 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13480 battles
Keep kidding yourself that the game is dying.  

Yaccay #40 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33395 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

What is wrong to have both random and FL?

And let the players decide what they want to play.

(And yes, a player may even play both.)

Also tagged with frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users