Frontline Poll (RIP Tier 8?)

frontline Tier 8 matchmaking Wargaming

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: FRONTLINE MODE (128 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you want Frontline mode back?

1. YES (111 votes [86.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 86.72%

2. NO (17 votes [13.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.28%

Vote Hide poll

Bultan1144 #1 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6229 battles
  • [IDFAC] IDFAC

It has become really annoying to play tier 8's tanks, every battle you get to be low tier against tier X and if you have "bad" tier x teamates it's almost impossible to win.

I think that Frontline mode was really good because it fixed the problem with tier 8 mm and people really enjoyed that mode.

It gave them the chance to save credits and exp with tier 8 and made the transition from tier 8 to tier 9 normal again which was really hard to do with the mm problem.

BUT that's my opinion, I would like to know what the rest of the community thinks and maybe even WG will notice the results.

Edited by Bultan1144, 04 June 2018 - 09:33 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Would you miss it if the credit income on it was low? As I suspect that's why we see so many topics on it. That you could have posted on vs making the 5th topic today about it. And did it fix the MM issues? Well yes and no... as if you played tier 8 in randoms when everyone was playing FL.. You were more screwed the normal. 

But again.. FL had it share of issues. So it taking a break to sort them out, adding a 2nd map so it doesn't get repetitive as all heck. Maybe adding different tiers to it vs just the one. It might be something. As it was now. It was fun for a few weeks. As I did not touch it recently as it was the same battle over and over and over and over again. Rewarding true. As I have over 30 million credits now. Oddly enough I did end up in randoms with my tier 8 grind once he got all the modules.... just to see a different map.  

LittleLILI #3 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50806 battles
  • [FRITE] FRITE

Voted YES, simply because, after 7 years in this game, I am very tired of the random system as it is the only mode I played (don't like clan/team games).

Fresh air. Fresh feelings.

Ah... forgot : I also enjoyed very much playing for more than the average 6/8mn. With an average of +25mn of tense game, very entertaining and much much less "fast food" (sry, at 60, you are not very fond of fast food ...;) )

Edited by LittleLILI, 04 June 2018 - 09:52 PM.

Bultan1144 #4 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6229 battles
  • [IDFAC] IDFAC

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 June 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

Would you miss it if the credit income on it was low? As I suspect that's why we see so many topics on it. That you could have posted on vs making the 5th topic today about it. And did it fix the MM issues? Well yes and no... as if you played tier 8 in randoms when everyone was playing FL.. You were more screwed the normal. 

But again.. FL had it share of issues. So it taking a break to sort them out, adding a 2nd map so it doesn't get repetitive as all heck. Maybe adding different tiers to it vs just the one. It might be something. As it was now. It was fun for a few weeks. As I did not touch it recently as it was the same battle over and over and over and over again. Rewarding true. As I have over 30 million credits now. Oddly enough I did end up in randoms with my tier 8 grind once he got all the modules.... just to see a different map.  

I think that the credits should be the same as they did now in FL because you are playing with more than one tank and you use more consumables, also sometimes you need to "sacrifice" your tank in order to help your team to stop/win the cap which you probabaly won't do on normal match.

As for why i posted this topic is just because i saw so many topics and i wanted to know what most of the people thinks in a poll and not reading 9000 comments on every topic.

Idk what about you but i think the the tier 8 mm is broken, i played today around 10 games in a row with my tier 8 tanks vs tier X and it's not fun(at least for me), so if the mm is broken already and they aren't going to fix it at least they give you another option.

I Don't see it hurts the game, only gives you an addition and if people don't like it they can play randoms. I agree that it can be sometimes boring with the same map but that's why you have randoms also.

Shaade_Silentpaw #5 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22014 battles

I miss playing it, twas quite refreshing.

That being said, I don't want it back until they sort out the optimization...

Wintermute_1 #6 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42832 battles

Its WGs best stab at a new game mode by some margin.

I enjoyed it but wasn't blown away. It does suck up a lot more time than randoms and at points I found myself feeling 'do I want to start another game?'

Also, 

* I think they need to do something about the attacker / defender team balance. Its just too weighted in favour of the defender at the moment.

* OP tanks like the defender are just stupid when they can get into same tier matches every time. 

* Some caps are ridiculously difficult, C for example. Stick some cover on them. That'd at least go some way to addressing the defender bias.

Overall, I'll be glad to see it back for its next run.

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15455 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL

The poll has an error. There shouldn't be a "NO". Option.

Also, it's no secret there's a problem with the credit earning. WG surely will fix it.

Offtopic: watching you Pz. M. :hiding:

__Ati__ #8 Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27823 battles

GIVE US BACK THE FRONTLINE MODE! It was fun unlike the random what is all about matchmaking and 3-3 arties spoil that game continuously, random games last 5 minutes average even in tier 10. Sometimes I cant even shot my gun cos when I get there with heavy, every1 died in other team...random is often annoying.

Same tier in frontline so no OP tanks. It is fun. We want frontline back! 

Coldspell #9 Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18708 battles

View PostShaade_Silentpaw, on 04 June 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

I miss playing it, twas quite refreshing.

That being said, I don't want it back until they sort out the optimization...

What is the optimization issue? I see it thrown around a few times but I didn't experience any issues, I noticed in games a few people where complaining about bad lag / latency? but I never experienced it myself.

View PostWintermute_1, on 04 June 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Its WGs best stab at a new game mode by some margin.

I enjoyed it but wasn't blown away. It does suck up a lot more time than randoms and at points I found myself feeling 'do I want to start another game?'

Also, 

* I think they need to do something about the attacker / defender team balance. Its just too weighted in favour of the defender at the moment.

* OP tanks like the defender are just stupid when they can get into same tier matches every time. 

* Some caps are ridiculously difficult, C for example. Stick some cover on them. That'd at least go some way to addressing the defender bias.

Overall, I'll be glad to see it back for its next run.

From my experience I would say B is heavily tilted towards attacker, A & C to defenders and everything after that to attackers.

Over all I found attacking much easier then defending simply because I've ended up in defending teams where 12 defenders vs 6 attackers lost because the defenders just default camp even if they don't have LOS on the attackers.

C has spawn camping issues but once B is taken it should be a cakewalk... plus the defenders usually end up with twice as many players as the attackers at C so it works in favour of the attackers in other zones.

Robbie_T #10 Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14973 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Yeah i want to see FL back but dont want it to be a permanent thing.

Just a event 3 for times a year would be right.

Suurpolskija #11 Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
As it was, it got really boring really fast. I don't mind the credits and the idea of fresh game modes is good.

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #12 Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7457 battles
they should make it for premium tanks only.

LesBearEU #13 Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18800 battles
  • [-I19-] -I19-
I want Frontline instead of Random Battles... Random Battles is boring... But Frontline should also give PR... And also a platoon of 5 members...

Edited by LesBearEU, 05 June 2018 - 06:09 AM.

Mike_Mckay #14 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18668 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 June 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

The credit income WAS low lol

It might seem high, but considering many games lasted half an hour it really wasn't when you consider many normal games are finished in 5 minutes or less

Mike_Mckay #15 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18668 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Like many others have said I thoroughly enjoyed the frontline game mode, its the most fun WOT has felt for quite a while although I haven't tried the grand battle mode is it called? For tier 10s

One thing I think it "could" have shown that not many others seem to have considered is how fun +/-0 games can be where you don't find yourself facing tanks you cant pen who can outspot you and shred your armour like its wet toilet paper

So perhaps the solution to the ongoing MM "problems" might be to only have same tier games so that even the crappier tanks have "some" chance of a decent game and the OP ones are less dominant than they would be against tanks 1 or 2 tiers lower

But I for one totally enjoyed the frontline mode with my only complaint being that I didn't bother trying it until it was about half way through then other than completing last months TOTT it was pretty much the only mode I played. So rather than it just "coming back" I wouldn't mind it becoming a permanent mode, maybe even have it permanently available for every tier and see how many customers totally ditch random battles completely because I probably would

undutchable80 #16 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Credit income may seem high in FL because you dont have to dab that 2 key at all.

4-5 games in Randoms (incl firing some premium ammo) playing the Pershing & T69 might net me ~40k credits per game. In those same non-premium tanks I netted around ~200k credits in a FL game.

I too miss it, since Tier 8 grinding was actually ok when compared to Randoms, especially in tanks with <200mm pen on standard rounds.

They do need to work out some bugs that have been talked about at  length. WG even stated it will be back "at some point". I am just a bit cynicalhow they will 'improve' it given their past track record...

Mike_Mckay #17 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18668 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostAXIS_OF_RESISTANCE, on 05 June 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

they should make it for premium tanks only.

I think they should make it permanent and have frontline for EVERY tier and not just for premiums either

Then let the customers "vote" for which game mode they prefer, random or +/-0

Mike_Mckay #18 Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18668 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Postundutchable80, on 05 June 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

Credit income may seem high in FL because you dont have to dab that 2 key at all.

4-5 games in Randoms (incl firing some premium ammo) playing the Pershing & T69 might net me ~40k credits per game. In those same non-premium tanks I netted around ~200k credits in a FL game.

I too miss it, since Tier 8 grinding was actually ok when compared to Randoms, especially in tanks with <200mm pen on standard rounds.

They do need to work out some bugs that have been talked about at  length. WG even stated it will be back "at some point". I am just a bit cynicalhow they will 'improve' it given their past track record...

I doubt they will "improve" it in anything but a severely noticeable downwards direction

It did seem to be slightly biased towards the attacking team though tbh with some bases having huge hills between the defenders and the base so that's the only improvement I can really think of, either having all bases more open or giving the defending team more good and quickly reachable overwatch locations

Other than that it was an awesome game mode and loads of fun, but as you say, based on WGs previous track record I suspect that was due to oversight not design

undutchable80 #19 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMike_Mckay, on 05 June 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

I think they should make it permanent and have frontline for EVERY tier and not just for premiums either

Then let the customers "vote" for which game mode they prefer, random or +/-0

Doubt Randoms would receive a lot of votes, except for those "I ONLY play Tier 10" players. :P

View PostMike_Mckay, on 05 June 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

I doubt they will "improve" it in anything but a severely noticeable downwards direction

It did seem to be slightly biased towards the attacking team though tbh with some bases having huge hills between the defenders and the base so that's the only improvement I can really think of, either having all bases more open or giving the defending team more good and quickly reachable overwatch locations

Other than that it was an awesome game mode and loads of fun, but as you say, based on WGs previous track record I suspect that was due to oversight not design

Oh, I agree, WG will definately nerf the credit income from this mode. Was just reacting to people who claimed the credit multiplier / income was sooooo different from Randoms, whereas I do believe the biggest difference between FL and Randoms income was the fact you didnt "have to" fire premium ammo = more net credits.

Jumping_TurtIe #20 Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6083 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRobbie_T, on 04 June 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Yeah i want to see FL back but dont want it to be a permanent thing.

Just a event 3 for times a year would be right.

This indeed. One time tier 7, one time tier 8 and one time tier 9 please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users