Glacier. WTF?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PowJay #1 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

Yesterday I realised that I could check how many times I had been on this map by looking at my replays. It's known as Sweden, BTW.  24 battles. Believe me, it feels like more. A LOT more.

I have played in LTs, MTs, TDs and one SPG battle. I believe that I have won FOUR. It could be five, although I actually believe that it could be three. Regardless of however many I have won, I believe that I have survived TWO!

In the LTs I have found virtually nowhere to go that allows spotting without being spotted. With TDs then I can't find anywhere to shoot without being spotted. With the SPG it was even better. Everything appeared to be in cover for most of the battle and when it wasn't: that was close, that was close. I am not sure if I did ANY damage that battle- nothing meaningful.

At first I thought it was the south start, but I have well and truly lost from both ends and still don't have a clue what to do on this map to actually win. The south east track seems like a good place. Nope. Died every time I went this way. The centre? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Spot/snipe from the south "cliff" edge? Even more funny.

Obviously, every time my team has lost, another has won, but- for crying out loud- what is wrong with this map?

DarkPacifist #2 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:44 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS

Personnaly I go to the mid (as I play lt and meds a lot) because you can spot pretty much every tanks that are crossing to go to the heavy side and some tds for early shots.

I just recon going meds side once (and I was in a platoon of su101 with a friend so we pushed hard 2 vs 6, won the flank but lost the battle).

I feel that mid is quite but I haven't played it a lot yet though (I do not remember playing it on heavy or td) so I can't speak for the other tanks' classes.

PowJay #3 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

25. Team massacred. Died. Lost. This time I tried sneaking around the edge of the south east passage in the AMX 13 90. I got to the geyser at the extreme south of this passage and could just about see two tanks in the centre which were spotted by an ally.

Had a bimble about. Spotted some crap. Score was already something like 1>6 when I tried to be more daring. Spotted. Seriously damaged and now it's 2<8. Just gave up.

View PostDarkPacifist, on 05 June 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

Personnaly I go to the mid (as I play lt and meds a lot) because you can spot pretty much every tanks that are crossing to go to the heavy side and some tds for early shots.

I just recon going meds side once (and I was in a platoon of su101 with a friend so we pushed hard 2 vs 6, won the flank but lost the battle).

I feel that mid is quite but I haven't played it a lot yet though (I do not remember playing it on heavy or td) so I can't speak for the other tanks' classes.

I'll have to just give the centre a try next time. Certainly nothing else is working.

Edit- gave the centre a try. Totally pointless. Went south after being shot up and managed to turn myself over. It was already 1<5 anyway. We were defeated 5<15

Edit- Tier IX battle in T-43. I went SE and did almost nothing (168 HP damage from 7 shots but only two hits) and was almost destroyed- left on single figure HP. We won and it was a terrible, terrible match.

Edited by PowJay, 08 June 2018 - 03:56 PM.

PowJay #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

Still hating this map with a passion, despite a couple of good battles here.

I was supposed to be having time off from playing, but I have been, very casually, running through my tanks from tier III upwards, and trying to complete some Campaign missions with Honours from the T28 HTC and T-55a. I got one this morning, which was nice.

What was not nice was two more tier VII to IX battles in the T29 on Glacier. Both lost. Both massacres. Both pathetic matches. Can't stand this map and I am thinking of just going AFK from now on. I won't. I'll probably just YOLO. I am starting to hate this more than Ensk (good battle here this morning) and Himmelsdorf (two bad ones).

Edited by PowJay, 27 June 2018 - 12:44 PM.

PowJay #5 Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

Another month has gone by, and I am wondering if I have won a match on this map in that time. Seriously, I think not (unless the AMX 13 75 match on my replays was in this period). Still dead EVERY SINGLE BATTLE, still lose just about every one as well.

Issues- Sniping and spotting perches on one side can't see the sniping and spotting perches from the other side.

Effective spotting anywhere leaves you wide open to counter-spotting and fire.

Nowhere that you can camp is in visual range of the enemy.

Brawling spots are well in cover from friendly fire, so you are on your own.
And don't get me started on playing SPGs. Only two absolutely pathetic matches here where I can't hit what I can see and anything I can hit moves too fast so that it can't get hit. See comments above.

Top and bottom of it is, as far as I am concerned, this is purely and simply a brawlers' map. Despite all of its intricacies, if you can't brawl, then you can only play to your own and your vehicle's personal strengths and hope for the best.

Personally, it is official. I DESPISE THIS MAP!

Edited by PowJay, 25 July 2018 - 10:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users