Glacier. WTF?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

PowJay #1 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34343 battles

Yesterday I realised that I could check how many times I had been on this map by looking at my replays. It's known as Sweden, BTW.  24 battles. Believe me, it feels like more. A LOT more.

I have played in LTs, MTs, TDs and one SPG battle. I believe that I have won FOUR. It could be five, although I actually believe that it could be three. Regardless of however many I have won, I believe that I have survived TWO!

In the LTs I have found virtually nowhere to go that allows spotting without being spotted. With TDs then I can't find anywhere to shoot without being spotted. With the SPG it was even better. Everything appeared to be in cover for most of the battle and when it wasn't: that was close, that was close. I am not sure if I did ANY damage that battle- nothing meaningful.

At first I thought it was the south start, but I have well and truly lost from both ends and still don't have a clue what to do on this map to actually win. The south east track seems like a good place. Nope. Died every time I went this way. The centre? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Spot/snipe from the south "cliff" edge? Even more funny.

Obviously, every time my team has lost, another has won, but- for crying out loud- what is wrong with this map?

DarkPacifist #2 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:44 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25443 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS

Personnaly I go to the mid (as I play lt and meds a lot) because you can spot pretty much every tanks that are crossing to go to the heavy side and some tds for early shots.

I just recon going meds side once (and I was in a platoon of su101 with a friend so we pushed hard 2 vs 6, won the flank but lost the battle).

I feel that mid is quite but I haven't played it a lot yet though (I do not remember playing it on heavy or td) so I can't speak for the other tanks' classes.

PowJay #3 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34343 battles

25. Team massacred. Died. Lost. This time I tried sneaking around the edge of the south east passage in the AMX 13 90. I got to the geyser at the extreme south of this passage and could just about see two tanks in the centre which were spotted by an ally.

Had a bimble about. Spotted some crap. Score was already something like 1>6 when I tried to be more daring. Spotted. Seriously damaged and now it's 2<8. Just gave up.

View PostDarkPacifist, on 05 June 2018 - 07:44 AM, said:

Personnaly I go to the mid (as I play lt and meds a lot) because you can spot pretty much every tanks that are crossing to go to the heavy side and some tds for early shots.

I just recon going meds side once (and I was in a platoon of su101 with a friend so we pushed hard 2 vs 6, won the flank but lost the battle).

I feel that mid is quite but I haven't played it a lot yet though (I do not remember playing it on heavy or td) so I can't speak for the other tanks' classes.

I'll have to just give the centre a try next time. Certainly nothing else is working.

Edit- gave the centre a try. Totally pointless. Went south after being shot up and managed to turn myself over. It was already 1<5 anyway. We were defeated 5<15

Edit- Tier IX battle in T-43. I went SE and did almost nothing (168 HP damage from 7 shots but only two hits) and was almost destroyed- left on single figure HP. We won and it was a terrible, terrible match.

Edited by PowJay, 08 June 2018 - 03:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users