The new Province map

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Maaaaaad #1 Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 59490 battles
  • [A3] A3

I used to love the old map back in the day, even with it's obvious flaws. It was enjoyable because as a new player, I found it taught me the rest of what I needed to know about spotting distance; Malinovka being the other part( Malinovka was available for all tiers originally ). The premium FCM and it's 400 metre view range or the long lost T18 ( the original TD) were masters of Province but the games often ended in a draw after a long drawn out stalemate or with a desperate climb of the opposite hill to get the last enemy before the time runs out. They were fun games though, even trying to drive the AMX38 straight across the valley was a challenge but it was an enjoyable task, especially if you made it up the hill the other side. I remember inching my way up seeming sheer cliffs to find a new route up to attack, that was also great fun ! I don't know why but the old Province had something special, you felt the game was on a tight rope from the off, in the same way that Ensk does today but province also had great cover, which made all the difference, it even had hidden pockets in the corners.

The new Province map is looking great overall.

I was in the map today and had the idea to cover the whole valley floor in very dense forest with ruined buildings covered in dense plants also.  To give a living example, look at the valley in Sorrento in Italy, " Vallone des Mulini ". A wide version of this real valley in the Province valley map would disguise an attack across the valley floor. Have the whole valley a carpet of trees.The gameplay would have many more possibilities?  what do you think?

MY POINT- (for those lacking concentration and want the point without having to read the above text)

Please add FOREST to cover all of the valley floor of the new Province map.

I think it would improve the gameplay and attack possibilities thus making it a classic map once again. 

ThinGun #2 Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35865 battles
I've had some great scraps on the new map.  I also loved the old one, where I actually learned to play TD.  This new one has the same name, but a totally different meta - now way are you going to win by lurking in one corner and sniping anyone who peeks round a rock - the map seems to reward aggressive play - at least the times I've played it, it has.  Crossing sides in a Borsig brings an extra 'brown pants' feeling to the gameplay.

Dreaming_Hermit #3 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11274 battles

By putting this map into the game WG has officially declared war against its players.

Maybe I should be thankful. WG is really trying hard to stop me from wasting my time in this game.

Cannes76 #4 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 68687 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
Its an atrocious map.

ThinGun #5 Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35865 battles

View PostDreaming_Hermit, on 27 July 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

By putting this map into the game WG has officially declared war against its players.

Maybe I should be thankful. WG is really trying hard to stop me from wasting my time in this game.

Not sure that one can equate a new map with a declaration of war.  Do you think you're guilty of the teensiest bit of exaggeration?

However, if you genuinely DO believe what you said then maybe it's time to step away from the computer and count to 10. billion.

Homer_J #6 Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I like it.  Even with high tiers.

It's different and I think that's why people don't like it, people moan that the best camping team win but that's not true, you need some to camp hard but also a good attack.  What you don't need is attackers who try to be heroes taking on multiple camped enemies solo.  When you find someone backed into a cornner where even arty can't get at them then leave them, work around the problem then come back to it later.

Dreaming_Hermit #7 Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11274 battles

View PostThinGun, on 28 July 2018 - 12:23 AM, said:

Not sure that one can equate a new map with a declaration of war.  Do you think you're guilty of the teensiest bit of exaggeration?

However, if you genuinely DO believe what you said then maybe it's time to step away from the computer and count to 10. billion.

I was exaggerating just a little bit :teethhappy:

I wrote that comment just after a terrible battle on that map.

All in all though the map is one of the worst in the map pool and terribly suited to tank warfare imo as a lot of tanks can't play out their strengths

and this map leaves very little freedom of choice (maneuvering/flanking). Feels dull.

Maybe I yet haven't understood the map.

Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

The map is not so bad as the old one but the fact that so many players give up map control is stupid. In the best case you take 50% of the map but in the worst case you give up 75% of it. Over a minute into the game and the guys are still in their own base. 

https://preview.ibb.co/kg9Cyo/shot_308_corridors.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/eP1QJo/Corridors1.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/hjSMr8/Corridors.jpg

Edited by Enforcer1975, 28 July 2018 - 09:52 AM.

SlyMeerkat #9 Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16732 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
A new or reworked map being added back in to the game is better than no map at all and i personally have no issue with this map :)

ThinGun #10 Posted 28 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35865 battles

View PostDreaming_Hermit, on 28 July 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

I was exaggerating just a little bit :teethhappy:

I wrote that comment just after a terrible battle on that map.

All in all though the map is one of the worst in the map pool and terribly suited to tank warfare imo as a lot of tanks can't play out their strengths

and this map leaves very little freedom of choice (maneuvering/flanking). Feels dull.

Maybe I yet haven't understood the map.

Fair enough.  It does need some learning, and doesn't seem to appear much in rotation at Tier 7-8.  I am still finding little hidey holes and vantage points - need to play it 20-30 more times though.

Dreaming_Hermit #11 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11274 battles

After some reconsideration and despite my initial exaggeration I must say that the map is utter crap. It is by design retarded. The epitome of a corridor map. 

And I have not understood or could not believe that you really can not do much in this map with the majority of tanks.

It's like playing football with shackled feet.

It surely is not much fun to play.

And I really wonder was this map created with benevolent intentions or by incompetence or was it even malice?

Solstad1069 #12 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41019 battles
The problem with the map is that it promote passive play, move and your dead, so people dont.

Maaaaaad #13 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 59490 battles
  • [A3] A3

View PostSolstad1069, on 29 July 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

The problem with the map is that it promote passive play, move and your dead, so people dont.

Which comes back to my original post.

If they added dense forest to the valley floor with just a few patches of open ground. I think the game play on the map would be improved massively.

People could bypass the campers on each side and flank round behind them undetected. So the campers in heavies and TDs would have to watch their backs while the lights and meds can do their flanking job.

Currently the lights and meds cannot do this as they get spotted and killed before they get there. I have only once managed to do this flanking attack successfully and the enemy were taken by complete surprise and easily destroyed.

Paketeman #14 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48495 battles
  • [NLIFE] NLIFE
What ruins the maps are the players.How you can say a province map is bad when people not move from one square all match.....im finding a lot off places to spot and make them cry.If you really play the game you can go on the field with a med with optics and make 6000 spoting and 2000 damage like i done in t-44-100.

NoobySkooby #15 Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15088 battles
Tent pegs come free, lol, actually you just have to get creative on the map, like everyone yoloing right though the centre of the map, ok I totally made that up up but hell it would surprise the other team, lol

Fighto #16 Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35318 battles
  • [TAC] TAC
They just need to remove this map it's dreadful . Clearly was not tested correctly for 8-10.

iuytr #17 Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10193 battles

View PostFighto, on 18 August 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

They just need to remove this map it's dreadful . Clearly was not tested correctly for 8-10.

The map is great fun for tiers 1-5. Don't be a selfish p***k.

F2PEXP #18 Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:44 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3683 battles

sadly I really wanted this map back, the original was a good map

but sadly like erlenberg, fishermans bay and fjords they seem to have said how bad can we make the reworks 

I am now of the opinion that WG listen to their customers in all aspects of the game and then decide to make changes that DELIBERATELY MAKE THE GAME WORSE

Edited by F2PEXP, 19 August 2018 - 12:52 AM.

Stalpanter #19 Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:08 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7025 battles

View PostMaaaaaad, on 05 June 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

I used to love the old map back in the day, even with it's obvious flaws. It was enjoyable because as a new player, I found it taught me the rest of what I needed to know about spotting distance; Malinovka being the other part( Malinovka was available for all tiers originally ). The premium FCM and it's 400 metre view range or the long lost T18 ( the original TD) were masters of Province but the games often ended in a draw after a long drawn out stalemate or with a desperate climb of the opposite hill to get the last enemy before the time runs out. They were fun games though, even trying to drive the AMX38 straight across the valley was a challenge but it was an enjoyable task, especially if you made it up the hill the other side. I remember inching my way up seeming sheer cliffs to find a new route up to attack, that was also great fun ! I don't know why but the old Province had something special, you felt the game was on a tight rope from the off, in the same way that Ensk does today but province also had great cover, which made all the difference, it even had hidden pockets in the corners.

The new Province map is looking great overall.

I was in the map today and had the idea to cover the whole valley floor in very dense forest with ruined buildings covered in dense plants also.  To give a living example, look at the valley in Sorrento in Italy, " Vallone des Mulini ". A wide version of this real valley in the Province valley map would disguise an attack across the valley floor. Have the whole valley a carpet of trees.The gameplay would have many more possibilities?  what do you think?

MY POINT- (for those lacking concentration and want the point without having to read the above text)

Please add FOREST to cover all of the valley floor of the new Province map.

I think it would improve the gameplay and attack possibilities thus making it a classic map once again. 

I love both new and old province, just had great game with 6kills 1min ago. More trees in middle of map would be great but no rocks please. Dont want LTs with huge veiw range passive-spotting everything while hiding behind a rock in middle of valley. More trees would allow LTs/meds passing through to other side without getting destroyed.

LordMuffin #20 Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Just remove it, it is badly designed and don't allow for you to do stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users